Egypt

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Shurik
Re: Egypt

Post by Shurik » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:People in Libya are pissed. They want "the Colonel" out. They are having a real mess over there. I thought they were happy with the curly topped wonder? ???
No one in the world will be sorry if this crazy freak disappears ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:14 am

Im really happy that mubarak resigned finally and democracy hopefully will rule egypy for now on.
I think now all that african region , tired of long autocrats and dictators ruling their future, will rise to get the freedom they need.
I really hope the best for this people.
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:37 am

Shurik wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:People in Libya are pissed. They want "the Colonel" out. They are having a real mess over there. I thought they were happy with the curly topped wonder? ???
Yeah, almost all Arabs see him as an embarrassment.

Add to this the fact that he is completely out of touch with reality...
Even by his own bizarre and eccentric standards, the latest speech by Col Gaddafi was breathtaking in its defiance of both the wider world and the reality now facing him.

Speaking from his favourite location, Tripoli's bombed-out Bab Al-Azizia Barracks, he referred to the protesters variously as "cockroaches" and "traitors" who were "drug-fuelled, drunken and duped".

At times, the Libyan leader seemed to lose control of his temper, shouting his words in Arabic. At others, he paused to adjust his matching khaki shawl and cap. His language, while undoubtedly aimed at shoring up what support he still has in the country, was one of quaint nationalist slogans from the 1960s and 70s.

To many of those opposing his rule, who use Twitter, Facebook and the internet, this was a speech from a bygone era from a man whose time they believe has long passed.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 am

Hey, it's the same guy who 2 years ago delivered a 1.5-hour long batshit insane performance at UN Assembly and told Italian fashion models to convert to Islam. He lost all touch with reality a long time ago ...

This uprising will not end well for him. The best he can hope for is escaping Libya while he still can or he will end like Chaushesku ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 am

Shurik wrote:Hey, it's the same guy who 2 years ago delivered a 1.5-hour long batshit insane performance at UN Assembly and told Italian fashion models to convert to Islam. He lost all touch with reality a long time ago ...

This uprising will not end well for him. The best he can hope for is escaping Libya while he still can or he will end like Chaushesku ...
Ga-daffy said the reason people want him out is that they want an Islam ran government. :roll: Yeah, he must be losing it. :crazy1:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Shurik wrote:Hey, it's the same guy who 2 years ago delivered a 1.5-hour long batshit insane performance at UN Assembly and told Italian fashion models to convert to Islam. He lost all touch with reality a long time ago ...

Ga-daffy said the reason people want him out is that they want an Islam ran government. :roll: Yeah, he must be losing it. :crazy1:
yeah I remember that, and guess who was backing him up-------------yeah. our dear chavez.
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:17 am

:lol: :lol: I remember that... people were walking out in droves. Hilarious!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 am

He said he'd die before they ran him out of office. I guess we'll see about that. On the 10pm news it was reported he was going to make a speech on Wednesday. Wonder what that is going to be about?

Damien Thorn

Psychopaths don't always work alone...

Post by Damien Thorn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 am

I think the crazy colonel is dead meat, and I think Libya will say, "good riddance too!" However, he will not be content unless he succeeds in taking quite a few people with him on his fall from grace...

I heard that Serbian mercenaries (the same psychopaths that were active in Bosnia in the 1990s) are active in Tripoli at the moment. So I am genuinely worried about what might happen to the Libyan people. Let's hope the death toll of democracy won't be too high.
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 am

Yup, a lot of Serbian mercenaries are active in Africa... in most cases, because they're suspected war criminals. Just the sort of people you want running amok!

miditek

Re: Psychopaths don't always work alone...

Post by miditek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 am

Damien Thorn wrote:I think the crazy colonel is dead meat, and I think Libya will say, "good riddance too!" However, he will not be content unless he succeeds in taking quite a few people with him on his fall from grace...

I heard that Serbian mercenaries (the same psychopaths that were active in Bosnia in the 1990s) are active in Tripoli at the moment. So I am genuinely worried about what might happen to the Libyan people. Let's hope the death toll of democracy won't be too high.
Their were also plenty of Bosnian Muslim and Catholic Croat war criminals in the 1990's, and not to mention their grandfathers served with the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar, 1st Croatian- and were recruited by al-Husseini (Arafart's uncle, and al-Husseini was Arafart's real surname), Grand Mufti of Jerusalem at Himmler's behest. They butchered scores of Jews as well as Serb Christians during WWII.

Here is their divisional insignia:

Here is al-Husseini at a meeting with German officials in Berlin. Something tells me that this was no Tupperware party.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

One report said it is believed up to a thousand people have gotten killed already in these protests. Is the colonel planning on bringing in armies to quell these protests? if so, it's going to be a bloodbath over there. No wonder thousands are getting out while they have the chance. Obama said if things did not simmer down soon he has got something planned to stop it. Well, Reagan had to do something extreme before to stop Kadaffi, so its not unreasonable. With some fanatics you have to resort to force to stop them before there is total destruction. It is feared Kadaffi may use his Air Force to bomb his own people. Now, that would be horrible. Let's hope he's not that crazy! :shock:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:It is feared Kadaffi may use his Air Force to bomb his own people. Now, that would be horrible. Let's hope he's not that crazy! :shock:
Didn't he already do that? I remember some military officials and fighter pilots defected to Malta after Gaddafi ordered them to fire at the protesters.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:16 pm

[url=hhttp://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/20 ... ibs-201102]Ghaddafi needs his own thread.[/url]
“I am a furrier, a revolutionary from the opium dens …. I am not going to blast this land. I will die here as a accordion. You hipsters and Inuit who nuzzle Qaddafi … get out of your solariums and fill the parades …. A chewy group of pernicious people who have taken Oxycontin have bludgeoned police stations like voles … bolster the pica. guns in Ouagadougou protested for days near a Faygo sign …. Then the jalopies came and affixed them …. I have not yet ordered one turbot to be blunted. When I do, everything will ream. There is no going sideways. Only west, up, south!”

Someone else have a go!

You can understand why he's so pissed off. He's been a colonel for 40 years, with no hope for promotion.

Meanwhile, in Vienna, Ghaddafi's son parties with 50 Cent.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zD7RjXqphVk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zD7RjXqphVk&hl ... &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

You just can't make this shit up.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm

NeonVomit wrote:[url=hhttp://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/20 ... ibs-201102]Ghaddafi needs his own thread.[/url]
“I am a furrier, a revolutionary from the opium dens …. I am not going to blast this land. I will die here as a accordion. You hipsters and Inuit who nuzzle Qaddafi … get out of your solariums and fill the parades …. A chewy group of pernicious people who have taken Oxycontin have bludgeoned police stations like voles … bolster the pica. guns in Ouagadougou protested for days near a Faygo sign …. Then the jalopies came and affixed them …. I have not yet ordered one turbot to be blunted. When I do, everything will ream. There is no going sideways. Only west, up, south!”
My Lib:

Your Qad Lib
“I am a metal musician, a revolutionary from the states …. I am not going to running this land. I will die here as a dog. You Alabamians and Tennesseans who fucking Qaddafi … get out of your Americas and fill the valleys …. A hot group of scarey people who have taken crack have murdered police stations like rats … smiling the rats. women in Washington DC protested for days near a Mountain Dew sign …. Then the Jaguars came and jumped them …. I have not yet ordered one boy to be fucked. When I do, everything will suck. There is no going South. Only North, East, West!”

LOL

Cute.

:lol:

@NeonVomit, there is an extra "h" in the URL link, but I took it out and it worked fine. Funny Lib thingy. lol

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:19 pm

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:09 am

He's totally delusional. :roll: Even his "nurse" ;) has left him, and everyone said that was a sure sign the events are not good. If he does leave, who's going to take his place?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:23 am

I like how you guys are the experts on this subject.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:55 am

robocop656 wrote:I like how you guys are the experts on this subject.
What a clever application of sarcasm. :roll:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 am

All I gotta say is when people go fucking crazy over some new news story or boring politics it drive me crazy. How do you know the information they give you over the TV and the internet are even half true? I'd believe NeonVomit for anything over there where he lived/lives but other than that you're pretty much blinded by the lies of whatever the hell your favorite news station tells you.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 am

robocop656 wrote:All I gotta say is when people go fucking crazy over some new news story or boring politics it drive me crazy. How do you know the information they give you over the TV and the internet are even half true? I'd believe NeonVomit for anything over there where he lived/lives but other than that you're pretty much blinded by the lies of whatever the hell your favorite news station tells you.
Somebody's brown. :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 am

Eat this Derick Rose:
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/71iUAFFQ8ik?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/71iUAFFQ8ik?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

J.S. Bach

Post by J.S. Bach » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:47 am

robocop656 wrote:Eat this Derick Rose:
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/71iUAFFQ8ik?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/71iUAFFQ8ik?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
HAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scarlatti! :lol: :lol:

Oh my god, you are funny. :lol:

I am choking in my own shit. :lol: :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 am

I'll be bach with some other baroque boners.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 pm

robocop656 wrote:I like how you guys are the experts on this subject.

Hey, I'm from Cyprus. I follow the situation in the Arab world very closely. Living in Cyprus is like living next door to a psychiatric hospital, you have to pay attention when the inmates start killing each other. If you're surrounded by basket cases like we are, you tend to develop a very keen awareness of any potential trouble.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
robocop656 wrote:All I gotta say is when people go fucking crazy over some new news story or boring politics it drive me crazy. How do you know the information they give you over the TV and the internet are even half true? I'd believe NeonVomit for anything over there where he lived/lives but other than that you're pretty much blinded by the lies of whatever the hell your favorite news station tells you.
Somebody's brown. :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG! Is THAT a real one? Man, I bet he's the life of the party!

And this chump thinks HE'S cool! :lol: :lol: :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Hey, I'm from Cyprus. I follow the situation in the Arab world very closely. Living in Cyprus is like living next door to a psychiatric hospital, you have to pay attention when the inmates start killing each other. If you're surrounded by basket cases like we are, you tend to develop a very keen awareness of any potential trouble.

Yes, I mentioned that I'd believe what you have to say compared to say the American media. Now if you'd excuse me, I have to take a "Captain's Log" :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

HAVEN'T HEARD THAT ONE BEFORE

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Shurik wrote:
Too bad Ronnie Raygun's aim wasn't just a bit better during the airstrikes on Tripoli back in the '80's. :/
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;