New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Re: New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Post by Rebel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Mormegil wrote:What a shame. The biggest reason I was interested in Symfonia in the first place, was the chance to hear Matos' songwriting style intertwining with that of Tolkki's, but from what I've read and heard it seems like it's pretty much all Tolkki. And very uninspired at that, it seems.
Either Tolkki's songwriting has changed, or it is intertwining with Andre's, because it's certainly changed.

The reason everyone harps on it being a "Stratovarius rip off", is because first, IT'S THE SAME FUCKING COMPOSER. Nobody ripped on Dio for being a Rainbow rip off.

Can you imagine if someone criticized a Tony Iommi solo album for "Ripping off Black Sabbath"

All of that is about the fact that Tolkki is universally hated, and I'm not saying he didn't do a lot to earn that. But yeah, it's going to sound like Tolkki's writing, because Tolkki wrote it.

As it stands as music, I think it is good however, it would have made an excellent Stratovarius album, and it's also an excellent Symfonia album

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Rebel wrote:
Either Tolkki's songwriting has changed, or it is intertwining with Andre's, because it's certainly changed.

The reason everyone harps on it being a "Stratovarius rip off", is because first, IT'S THE SAME FUCKING COMPOSER. Nobody ripped on Dio for being a Rainbow rip off.

Can you imagine if someone criticized a Tony Iommi solo album for "Ripping off Black Sabbath"

All of that is about the fact that Tolkki is universally hated, and I'm not saying he didn't do a lot to earn that. But yeah, it's going to sound like Tolkki's writing, because Tolkki wrote it.

As it stands as music, I think it is good however, it would have made an excellent Stratovarius album, and it's also an excellent Symfonia album
Exactly. That's it. I like the album a lot and I'm gonna enjoy it.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm not saying Tolkki-sound is bad, just that I would have preferred the Matos-sound to be more prevalent. Anyways, this is an opinion based on some 30 min. of listening to this band's material. I'll probably give it a shot at some point, but it doesn't seem all that promising so far.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:27 pm

I hope they sell it really cheap on ebay used or something. Maybe I'll buy it then. Maybe not. If you think Symfonia is bad watch this.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULbveXeB20U?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULbveXeB20U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Shitfonia.

3 times I listened to the whole album.

Total crap.

Elz

Post by Elz » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm

eternity_strato wrote:Shitfonia.

Total crap.
That means episode is crap, visions is crap, infinite is crap. What I think is total crap, is that eternity_strato hasn't been banned yet

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 pm

No, wrong.

Episode is wonderful, as they are Visions, Destiny and every Stratovarius record Tolkki has been involved, even the Stratovarius 2005 album.

What I say is that Tolkki is not original anymore, and everything that made him famous and every great thing he did, is gone. Today he sounds like a copycat of himself, both playing and composing.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:11 am

Elz wrote:

Total crap.
That means episode is crap, visions is crap, infinite is crap. What I think is total crap, is that eternity_strato hasn't been banned yet

You must be new here. Just hit IGNORE on all of our posts and you'll feel right at home.

Lord_ZX

Post by Lord_ZX » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 am

I listened the album, and in one word is amazing, really, I dont have many hopes after RR, but Symfonia sounds great!, Jari sounds like hell, Kush dont need a mention, Matos is a power singer, and Mikko was a big surprise to me!... And Mr Tolkki... very inspirated, the solo in Santiago is like the old times... with feeling and power.... and this solos is a trademark of tolkki.... sorry Matias, one tthing is technicism and other is the feeling.

Two great bands, Strato and Symfonia. Lets go!
Im Hunting High and Low,
Sometimes I may win,
sometimes I´ll lose It´s just a game that I play

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 am

HEY DID YOU NOTICE THAT "FIELDS OF AVALON" CHORUS IS THE ALMOST EXACTLY TWIN OF "SHELTER FROM THE RAIN" OF AVANTASIA....RIPED!!

Febo

Post by Febo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:52 am

Lord_ZX wrote:I listened the album, and in one word is amazing, really, I dont have many hopes after RR, but Symfonia sounds great!, Jari sounds like hell, Kush dont need a mention, Matos is a power singer, and Mikko was a big surprise to me!... And Mr Tolkki... very inspirated, the solo in Santiago is like the old times... with feeling and power.... and this solos is a trademark of tolkki.... sorry Matias, one tthing is technicism and other is the feeling.

Two great bands, Strato and Symfonia. Lets go!
Dude, sorry to disagree but Matias has feeling on his playing too. He is far from being only a technical guitar player.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:38 am

if you cant tell the difference between the riff in heroes and the riff in forevermore, should you even be listening to music faster than whole notes at 20 bpm or music at all for that matter?

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 am

Elz wrote:

Total crap.
I ignored him a month ago.
I haven't had any problems since.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 am

I haven't heard enough of this album to write a very meaningful opinion, but one thing I can say with certainty- the lyrics are truly atrocious!

The primary motifs include pressuring the listener into following Matos to various geological landforms (Follow me to the fields of avalon, come by the hills, head down the stream, take exit 35 onto pilgrim road, and make a left at the first rainbow)....not to mention bits and pieces of unsolicited wisdom that probably wouldn't even pass fortune-cookie quality control (live day by day, follow your heart, leave them behind, head for tomorrow, blah blah blah).

Some of the songs are nice though. I liked "I Walk In Neon", "Forevermore", and "Don't Let Me Go" a lot! Others like "Fields of Avalon" and "Come By the Hills" are just stuff I've heard so many times before. Boring!! :zzz:

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:17 am

eternity_strato wrote:No, wrong.

Episode is wonderful, as they are Visions, Destiny and every Stratovarius record Tolkki has been involved, even the Stratovarius 2005 album.

What I say is that Tolkki is not original anymore, and everything that made him famous and every great thing he did, is gone. Today he sounds like a copycat of himself, both playing and composing.
Well, it's not copying when you sound like you're used to sound. I'm pretty sure, that if In Paradisum would be a Stratovarius album, you'd like it.

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:41 am

Elz wrote:

Total crap.
Maybe it's you who should be banned for not tolerating other's opinion, dude.

Elz

Post by Elz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:46 pm

valo_666 wrote:
Elz wrote:

Total crap.
So your saying, that it's okay to say that Tolkki is fat asshole and his music is crap?

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 pm

valo_666 wrote:
Elz wrote:

Total crap.
It's not an opinion, when you make trolls about Tolkki and call him a fat asshole and call In Paradisum "crap that crap craps". Why he just can't say, that "I don't like Tolkki or In Paradisum", but why to slander and make trolls?

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Elz wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
Elz wrote:

Total crap.
So your saying, that it's okay to say that Tolkki is fat asshole and his music is crap?
As far as I'm concerned, it's ok to call anyone, myself included, a fat asshole anywhere, in any place at any time you like. You'll risk offending someone and/or making yourself look like a douche but hey, freedom (of speech) isn't free.

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Mormegil wrote:
Elz wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
Elz wrote:

Total crap.
As far as I'm concerned, it's ok to call anyone, myself included, a fat asshole anywhere, in any place at any time you like. You'll risk offending someone and/or making yourself look like a douche but hey, freedom (of speech) isn't free.
Of course there's a freedom of speech, but the problem is it, that when someone defends Tolkki or Symfonia here, he/she will be called idiot and asshole or whatsoever. Does that respect the values of freedom of speech, when someone doesn't respect other's opinion calling other people idiot because of different opinion? Does that sound like North Korea?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:56 pm

I guess you missed all those drama bombs on here. Go back and read everything from 2004 - 2010 if it's till there, then come back and you'll know why everybody acts that way. :pissed: :pissed:

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:37 pm

robocop656 wrote:I guess you missed all those drama bombs on here. Go back and read everything from 2004 - 2010 if it's till there, then come back and you'll know why everybody acts that way. :pissed: :pissed:
No, I know everything what happened in those years. But it doesn't justify to call other people idiot and asshole because having a different opinion. Making stupid trolls about Tolkki is a stupid and childish way to do. It's sad when people hate Tolkki and his music only because they're offended at Tolkki. Now they calls In Paradisum crap, but if it would be a Stratovarius album, they'd like it. It's also fun, that they're offended at Tolkki, because he broke Stratovarius, but at the same time they're saying, that "Tolkki's music and guitar work doesn't impress anymore and the current lineup is far better, than him". They should remember, that there wouldn't be a band called Stratovarius without Tolkki. Don't forget that.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 pm

I quite like the album, in fact, if Tolkki were still in Stratovarius then this would have been a good return to form from the abysmal 2005 eponymous album.

Ultimately, Tolkki got thrown out of the band that was 100% of his own style, so this stuff is destined to sound very similar/repetitive/uninspired. The way I see it, if this would have been the album after 'Stratovarius' it would have gone down very well and considered a return to form...not a fantastic return, but certainly a GOOD return. The production isn't as great as Polaris; but it certainly isn't that far off and i'd say its on the same level as that album was (in a musical sense).

Mikko seems like the saviour of the album. Tolkki has made a good follow up and it sounds damn similar to the music we know...but it'll only be a matter of time till people stop listening to the band unless he tries to approach his new music in a more original way. TT has the most difficult task...to try and sound different from the style that's his own. The problem is Strato have the TT sound in the discography, so he has to try and approach his new music somewhat like Elysium...(not by being proggier) but moving in a direction we're less familiar with that also sounds great.

Lets hope the other members have some kind of input to the future albums.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:Don't forget that.
Too late. I already forgot. Jaja! 8)

PS: I just sold Pablo a giant lizard I won in a contest. :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

I'd like to return this as it is eating my noms.

Thanks.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes, after New Era, Saana Warrior Of Light, Age Of Aquarius, Return To Dreamspace, Trinity, whatever else happened in between, and now Symfonia. So, you're saying if it all went together like peas in a pod with TT, we'd have the latest CD at the end of it? I'd like to hear Saana Warrior Of Light as a Stratovarius CD. I know that icecar would jump on that like flies on poo poo. And an extra 9,000 dollars into the Saana fund placed inside my anus for the ultimate sex machine party.

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 am

I guess the main problem in this album is Matos. Every time he's starting singing I think about Kotipelto... I think this album has been written for Kotipelto's voice and Matos's voice become year by year weaker and weaker. I really can't listen to him anymore although I loved his voice with Angra. Some songs are good, others very boring with a deja-vu sensation. just 6 points out of 10 album, in my opinion. Probably Tolkki should let the other guys of the band compose some stuff as well. the same problem in the latest years when he still was with Stratovarius
StratoFabio

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Thanks.
:shock: Does it VORO your NUTRIMENS?? :shock: :shock:

No refunds!! :roll:

AAAAAA

Post by AAAAAA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:31 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Thanks.
:shock: Does it VORO your NUTRIMENS?? :shock: :shock:

No refunds!! :roll:

&#3588;&#3609;&#3595;&#3657;&#3634;&#3618;&#3626;&#3640;&#3604; &#3627;&#3609;&#3657;&#3634;&#3648;&#3627;&#3617;&#3639;&#3629;&#3609;&#3629;&#3634;&#3649;&#3611;&#3658;&#3632; &#3586;&#3634;&#3618;&#3650;&#3592;&#3658;&#3585;

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:38 pm

robocop656 wrote:Yes, after New Era, Saana Warrior Of Light, Age Of Aquarius, Return To Dreamspace, Trinity, whatever else happened in between, and now Symfonia. So, you're saying if it all went together like peas in a pod with TT, we'd have the latest CD at the end of it? I'd like to hear Saana Warrior Of Light as a Stratovarius CD. I know that icecar would jump on that like flies on poo poo. And an extra 9,000 dollars into the Saana fund placed inside my anus for the ultimate sex machine party.
Return To Dreamspace was never released. As to Saana, do you want to hear Serenity, Fission or All Children Have Superpowers as a Stratovarius album too?