Dream Theater New Drummer

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
mayhem-for-all
Dream Theater New Drummer

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Sorry to get you all to read this unfinished post but I wanted to put the topic up before someone else did.

I will come and finish the post ASAP (actually I am finishing it right now)

Trailer
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yljVzWLlNa0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yljVzWLlNa0?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Documentary part 1
http://youtu.be/L609JsPFmmI

The seven drummers invited to auditions are:
1.) Mike Mangini
2.) Marco Minnemann
3.) Virgil Donati
4.) Thomas Lang
5.) Aquilles Priester
6.) Peter Wildoer
7.) Derek Roddy

robocop656

Re: Dream Theater New Drummer

Post by robocop656 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Fags.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 pm

:lol: , my vote goes to virgil donati, he is amazing.
also, this is stupid, just say who is the guy.
A9

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:06 pm

AND THE FAG SAGA CONTINUES....

IN THIS PRETTY VIDEO, OVERDRAMATIC SHIT STAINS WILL MILK THEIR PROSTATES FOR TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES AND HAVE A YOUTUBE COMMENT CIRCLEJERK.

P.S.

DT DOESN'T DESERVE ANY OF THOSE DRUMMERS.

P.S.

I MET DEREK RODDY IN REAL LIFE, HE WAS MAKING FUN OF A HOMELESS BLACK PERSON.

Susie

Post by Susie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know if it's on this one or the other trailer ... but... what's up with the narrator's voice? :lol: :lol: - don't have time to watch it now-

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 pm

COMING SOON TO A BRAZILIAN THEATER NEAR YOU....

DREAM THEATER, BEHIND THE PUSSSACK REALITY SHOW.

FREE COUPON FOR BIKINI WAX!!!!

JORDAN WILL BROADCAST IT FROM HIS IPHONE APP.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 am

The trailer is about the documentary (which is closer to a reality tv-show) and the episode one is below but could not be embedded. Other episodes are still ahead and a few weeks ago they were planning to release them on a DvD or something. Someone is really making a big pile of cash.

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 am

Since when did drumming in Dream Theater matter?

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:39 am

I'm not usually the one to judge if musicians want to make a few bucks on side by maybe slightly abusing the band's name like this, as long as it doesn't affect the quality of music.

That won't however stop me from pointing out, that that reality show trailer must've been the most godawfully stupid thing I've seen in a while. I always had the feeling that Portnoy was the kind of member, who'd "sell out" his band this way.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't know about that band everyone is worried about but I want to hear some Morgan Agren once more.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTHE7fyKnT0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTHE7fyKnT0?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

:)
---...---

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Seems it's gonna be Mangini. We'll see. I can't wait to hear more albums from this absolutely amazing and astonishing band.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:40 pm

RAY YOU SHOULD BE ON THAT LIST!
---...---

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:31 pm

AGAG wrote:I don't know about that band everyone is worried about but I want to hear some Morgan Agren once more.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTHE7fyKnT0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTHE7fyKnT0?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

:)
I THOUGHT HIS SHIRT SAID GONZZA FOR A SECOND..LOL!!!!!
AGAG wrote:RAY YOU SHOULD BE ON THAT LIST!
Thanks for thinking so highly of me, I'd fall asleep within 30 seconds of their boring ass songs, though. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what songs they play. All I know is wait for sleep reminds me of 2 dudes blowing each other in a gay bar.
:zzz: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

Paola

Post by Paola » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Aquilles, Aquilles, Aquilles!!!! :D
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 am

It seems I can't edit my posts.
Oh well

Episode 2
http://youtu.be/-vaDfcKzLbY

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 am

this will be a interesting thing for me. amazing to get such quality drummers to come out to audition

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 am

robocop656 wrote:
Thanks for thinking so highly of me, I'd fall asleep within 30 seconds of their boring ass songs, though. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea what songs they play. All I know is wait for sleep reminds me of 2 dudes blowing each other in a gay bar.
:zzz: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

Hey RayCop, as I see you say you have no idea what songs they play, so you could try to play at your home:

Metropolis - Part I - "The Miracle And The Sleeper"
Caught In A Web
The Mirror
Burning My Soul
Strange Deja Vu
Beyond This Life
The Glass Prison
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
As I Am
Endless Sacrifice
Honor Thy Father
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
A Nightmare To Remember
The Shattered Fortress

(just to name some DT songs that I can remember that maybe makes you have fun with your drums :lol: )

Then you can see this video too:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fmbayHHUPcA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fmbayHHUPcA?fs=1&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway dude, I saw your video in youtube and it's awesome man! :) It's cool the way you play, you remember me a lot Ron Welty.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:It seems I can't edit my posts.
Oh well

Episode 2
http://youtu.be/-vaDfcKzLbY
Cool, maybe one could thing it's a bit lame to make this documentary but I like it a lot. I like to see the process of all this. Fantastic.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am

Thanks for the songs, I'll check it out since I'm not in the loop with their music. I'm not cool enough for those guys anyway. They all have music degrees and all I do is eat pizza all day. Thanks, it looked like we edited our posts at the same time. The Offspring drummer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:29 am

robocop656 wrote:Thanks for the songs, I'll check it out since I'm not in the loop with their music. I'm not cool enough for those guys anyway. They all have music degrees and all I do is eat pizza all day.
You neve know man, seems they eat a lot of pizza too, at least Labrie :lol: :lol:

And you look a lot like Ron Welty in your video!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 am

My video is 7 years old. That is from 2004 when I was 19. :lol: :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 am

robocop656 wrote:Thanks for the songs, I'll check it out since I'm not in the loop with their music. I'm not cool enough for those guys anyway. They all have music degrees and all I do is eat pizza all day. Thanks, it looked like we edited our posts at the same time. The Offspring drummer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, the old one, it was a monster drumming. and you look a lot like him in your video. I thought it was him when he was young :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:34 am

robocop656 wrote:My video is 7 years old. That is from 2004 when I was 19. :lol: :lol:
Yes I know, you are bigger now. Man you should continue playing! i think you are perfect for a punk band like The Offspring or similar! :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 am

I am bigger. In the pants. Who said I stopped playing? I play everyday, this isn't about me though. If those world class drummers couldn't make it into DT, I don't have any chance in hell. Not only because I don't have gig experience but two, I am pretty much a mute in real life if I'm not drunk.
Also three, I have -600 dollars in my bank account. You know when you call up your bank to see how much money you have? Mine says: YOU HAVE...NEGATIVE SIX HUNDRED...DOLLARS...AND...ZERO CENTS.
You know what they say, "It's the quiet ones you have to worry about."

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:44 am

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:48 am

robocop656 wrote:I am bigger. In the pants. Who said I stopped playing? I play everyday, this isn't about me though. If those world class drummers couldn't make it into DT, I don't have any chance in hell. Not only because I don't have gig experience but two, I am pretty much a mute in real life if I'm not drunk.
Also three, I have -600 dollars in my bank account. You know when you call up your bank to see how much money you have? Mine says: YOU HAVE...NEGATIVE SIX HUNDRED...DOLLARS...AND...ZERO CENTS.
You know what they say, "It's the quiet ones you have to worry about."

jajaja! Well, if you need money, then I recommend you to not come here to Spain

:grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff:
:grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff: :grouplaff:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:49 am

I'd like to move anywhere. Anywhere. Do you have Jordan Rudesses Iphone apps?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 am

robocop656 wrote:I'd like to move anywhere. Anywhere. Do you have Jordan Rudesses Iphone apps?
XDDDDDDDDDDD NO, I don't have them.

And you wanna move anywhere, well I suppose everybody thinks the same sometimes, it doesn't matter where you live.

You can always listen Shit is fucked up song by the Offspring :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

Was just asking, not making fun. Anyway, that continuum fingerboard looks awesome. That red pad he has.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am

robocop656 wrote:Was just asking, not making fun. Anyway, that continuum fingerboard looks awesome. That red pad he has.
The man have some iphone apps really interesting but I have never used them.
Rudess is awesome. Sometimes seems he does not fit very well in this kind of music cause he is too much "high-tech". In fact, he says he is not into metal, he just plays.
But it's incredible the way he plays. In the Score DVD, there's a continuum intro for Octavarium that is just awesome.