No music video for Elysium?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Empathica1928
No music video for Elysium?

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm

It's been almost half a year since the album came out. I wish they had recorded a video for Darkest Hours or Under Flaming Skies!

Kosmo

Re: No music video for Elysium?

Post by Kosmo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Although a music video would of been nice i don't think that every album needs one.

ClauVille

Post by ClauVille » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09 am

"Under Flaming Skies" Video!!! VOTED :)

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 pm

I believe something is coming...
Mariano

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:00 pm

As Empathica already said, the album's out for some months now, I don't quite see a point in releasing a vid this late. And considering the quality of Deep Unkown vid (which totally didn't justice to the quality of the song), I wouldn't insist on a vid no matter how it is. But still, of course it was a pity that they didn't find the time to shoot one because of all the hurry and chaos they've been in last years' autumn and winter.

What they could easily do without putting too much effort and money into it would be cutting a vid from all the live shows and backstage stuff from the recent tour. Of course that has already been done in the past. And I'm sure I'd rather have them keep the stuff for a DVD in the next two years, instead of cutting it together in a much too short vid...

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:29 pm

ClauVille wrote:"Under Flaming Skies" Video!!! VOTED :)

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Kotipelto once said that ther were indeed plans for a Darkest Hours video, but that then Jörg had to do his for his cancer treatment and that the video was put on hold, but that then there was no more time for it whith the 7 Sinners Tour, and that there probably just won't be a music video for Elysium.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 am

I would rather see them work on writing music than a music video, though I don't want them to fall into the Jethro Tull trap of releasing albums before they're ready just to stay on a fast schedule

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 am

Please. No more stupid videos. :repuke: :sick:

What's 10x more important than another lame video is a live DVD. To capture the band's performance as they are today, in 2011.

You never know when the band could fall apart, someone could leave, etc...and I would want some memory of the Polaris/Elysium "era" aside from some grainy youtube videos.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

I would love to see a DVD as well. A real one. Not like that other one. You know the DVD I'm talking about.

Buuuut I don't see it happening. Strato just seems to stay quiet with a lot of this stuff, it's very interesting. Even Rhapsody's released a concert DVD, though it's not really the best one..