Revolution Unfinished

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Billy-B
Revolution Unfinished

Post by Billy-B » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Who knows, what's that? And what it supposed to be?

mayhem-for-all

Re: Revolution Unfinished

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Bah someone just stole some artwork and then copied some logos and names.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 am

It's pretty. And very unusual. It looks as if it's a view from Mars!

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Bah someone just stole some artwork and then copied some logos and names.
Yeap, it's just a fanart made some years ago.
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:59 am

It's spliced, Half of the picture is taken from Return of the Jedi, the other half from pictures of the Egyptian pyramids and then some planets in the backround with the Old strato logo thrown in and the pre-polaris lineup.

I might have bought it if they didn't use Jabba's palace. :D
metal feeds the beast

Billy-B

Post by Billy-B » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Revolution Unfinished in Jabba's palace? Maybe that's nice, but Darth Vader's ship would be better! :)

Ahh... just a fanart... I thought that it was a fan's work, but this old logo looked a little bit odd...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 am

That's also a dead giveaway that it's fake because Tolkki has used the Fleur De leis since Visions and with the exception of some of the RR albums he's been using it ever since.
metal feeds the beast

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:54 am

No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Elysium

Post by Elysium » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 am

I was thinking about this album other day, to bad never was release by Stratovarius, the demos were so pretty good man!

I'll give anything to see how this album would have sounded with Stratovarius, I just imagined how could be the cover...

btw:(I never like the Revolution project)

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 am

Elysium wrote:I was thinking about this album other day, to bad never was release by Stratovarius, the demos were so pretty good man!

I'll give anything to see how this album would have sounded with Stratovarius, I just imagined how could be the cover...

Stratovarius did make a demo of Revolution Renaissance wich is quite easy to find.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Elysium wrote:I was thinking about this album other day, to bad never was release by Stratovarius, the demos were so pretty good man!

Agreed. I like R...R..demo a lot, without any Sammet-Kiske-Rantanen. It is a thousand times better than Polaris(IMO), especially in a vocal case.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Ilsekena wrote:

Agreed. I like R...R..demo a lot, without any Sammet-Kiske-Rantanen. It is a thousand times better than Polaris(IMO), especially in a vocal case.
I almost agree on that, sammet and rantanens voice sound wierd, like they didnt work too much on the songs is kind of a uncomfortable thing to hear.
but kiske is beyond of this plane , he sings brilliant on every track.
A9

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm

For me New Era with Kiske is better, than Polaris. Last Night on Earth is a fucking amazing song. But I'm wondering, why there's no backing vocals (except the RR song) and key solos. I'm not a big fan of Rantanen, but Sammet and Kiske really rocks on that album, especially Kiske. It's sad, that Sammet doesn't sing that kind of music anymore. :(

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

I almost agree on that, sammet and rantanens voice sound wierd, like they didnt work too much on the songs is kind of a uncomfortable thing to hear.
No no, I don't criticize New Era album singers. All of them are good in their own style of performing. I was talking about R... R... demo. For me its sounds more like the early-years Stratoalbum. It would be a great CD with TK's voice. sooo much better than Polaris.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

No no, I don't criticize New Era album singers. All of them are good in their own style of performing. I was talking about R... R... demo. For me its sounds more like early-years Stratoalbum. It would be a great CD with TK's voice. sooo much better than Polaris.

lol

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

No no, I don't criticize New Era album singers. All of them are good in their own style of performing. I was talking about R... R... demo. For me its sounds more like early-years Stratoalbum. It would be a great CD with TK's voice. sooo much better than Polaris.

lol
Did I write something funny?? pff.. :x

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Ilsekena wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

lol
For me it is really funny to think that RR's New Era is any better than Polaris. Only Deep Unknown alone is just better than everything Tolkki did since he left Stratovarius.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

lol
For me it is really funny to think that RR's New Era is any better than Polaris. Only Deep Unknown alone is just better than everything Tolkki did since he left Stratovarius.
*sigh*...I'm talking about "R... R.." Demo CD of STRATOVARIUS, not Tolkki's RR "NEW ERA"!! For me its better. I don't like TK's singing on Polaris at all!

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

And Stratovarius playing on that demo was really... how should I put it delicately... "not serious or professional at all".

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

lol
Not it's not funny, but it's an opinion. You're funny, because everything what Tolkki does is shit and everything what the current lineup of Stratovarius does is a masterpiece for you. That's funny.

Deep Unknown is a wonderful song, but there's too much of stuff like Kotipelto solo material. But I really enjoy Elysium, because it doesn't sound like Kotipelto solo stuff, like some songs on Polaris does.

As to the Strato's RR demo, Kotipelto's voice sounds a bit weak and out of tuned, as well as the other instruments, especially the drums. But that's normal on the demos. But for some reason the keys are better on the demo, than on the RR New Era album.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:

lol
sadly for TT that is true.
I didnt love Polaris as you know and im not a big fan of elysium either but i didnt even care to spin those RR records more that once. that bad those were specially the second one. is awful.
the only thing that is decent is last night on earth and I did it my way and if you think about it doesnt even count `cause they were stratovarius songs.
A9

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Polaris: 4/5
Elysium: 4/5
New Era: 3.5/5
Age of Aquafresh: 3/5
Trinity:: 4/5
Symfonia: 4/5
Cain's Offering: 5/5 :twisted:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:46 am

polaris: 8.5/10
elysium: 10/10
new era: 4/10
aquarius: 2/10
trinity: 1/10 (except for the solos, non recorded by Tolkki (how would you manage that it's the only point in his whole career with that different solos to the boring "300 notes per second" ?)
symfonia: 2/10 (and i'm been generous here)
cain's offering: so boring I didn't even finish it.

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

:) First I will thank you on this Forums behalf, that you so energetically are trying to keep it afloat.

And here are my votes.

Polaris 10/10.

Elysium 10/10.

New Era Heard half 2/10.

Aquarius Never heard through 0/0

Trinity heard that it wasn't Tolkki 1/10

Symfonia 2/10

Cains offering never heard-

JJ Ten seasons 10/10

Ass you can see I am a real metalamateur.

But I try to learn...

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am

eternity_strato wrote:polaris: 8.5/10
elysium: 10/10
new era: 4/10
aquarius: 2/10
trinity: 1/10 (except for the solos, non recorded by Tolkki (how would you manage that it's the only point in his whole career with that different solos to the boring "300 notes per second" ?)
symfonia: 2/10 (and i'm been generous here)
cain's offering: so boring I didn't even finish it.
I heavily disagree. Tolkki solos on In Paradisum are awesome, as well as on AoA and Trinity. What is funny, that the solos on AoA and Trinity sounds more like In Paradisum solos, than Santtu's solo on Dance of the Death Star, which is completely different, than anything on AoA and Trinity. And on those albums he's claiming, that "he played the solos". :lol:

Anyway, eternity_strato and ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ, I'm wondering, why do you hate everything, what Tolkki does and love everything, what Jens or Kotipelto does? Why? I bet, that if Tolkki would have written Elysium, you'd hate it and if the current Stratovarius lineup would have written In Paradiusm you'd love it.

Yours Tolkki hate is infernal, but where all that hate towards him? Please remember, that Tolkki made Kotipelto and Jens famous and without him you'd have never heard of Kotipelto. Remember that. And you're blaming Symfonia fans adoring everything, what Tolkki does, but didn't you adore everything, what the current Stratovarius lineup does?

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Simply: Symfonia is the same thing we've heard over and over again for the last 15 years. No original stuff.

Elysium is completely fresh. New stuff. You never heard that drumming in the middle section of Elysium (track) previously with Tolkki on the band, or solos that weren't "300 notes per second", or magnificient choirs and grand finales like the elysium one!

Matias gave new blood to this band. Tolkki was a cancer to Stratovarius. He's run out of ideas, and Matias gave a new direction and at the same time, being Stratovarius 100%.

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm

:lol: :lol: Twillight!

I don't hate or adore so much as you think! Mostly I don't care much! Much goes in one ear and out the other...

Do I hate Tolkki? No of course not! But I can't say, that I love him either. Never had! He is kind of strange! But no more here about him, or we end up in the Flaming. Polaris was the first Stratorecord I bought. I have heard a lot of "old" Stratos on youtube but I have "nogoodlaudspeakers" on my computer so it is so so...

But why are YOU interested, in what I think? You called me STUPID once and I think I still am... :lol: :lol:

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Tolkki was a cancer to Stratovarius.
That's most stupid thing, what I have heard for years. Without Tolkki you'd have never heard of Kotipelto or Matias. Idiot.
I don't hate or adore so much as you think! Mostly I don't care much!
Well, you gave 10/10 for Polaris or Elysium and low scores to Tolkki albums, so that IS adoring. :lol: Do you hate Episode and Visions as well?

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:
Tolkki was a cancer to Stratovarius.
That's most stupid thing, what I have heard for years. Without Tolkki you'd have never heard of Kotipelto or Matias. Idiot.
I don't hate or adore so much as you think! Mostly I don't care much!
Well, you gave 10/10 for Polaris or Elysium and low scores to Tolkki albums, so that IS adoring. :lol: Do you hate Episode and Visions as well?
Tolkki was a cancer to Stratovarius IN THE LAST YEARS. Not previously...

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Twilight! Again! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I don't know! Hate is such a strong word! Adore too! And if I am so stupid as you say how could I know? :lol: