Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Texidor
Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Post by Texidor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Released from Blabbermouth.net

earMUSIC has set a February 22, 2013 release date for "Nemesis", the new studio album by Finnish/Swedish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS. The CD will be made available as a standard 11-track edition as well as 13-track special edition. A taste of the new studio album can be enjoyed with the limited-edition EP "Unbreakable", released on January 25, 2013.

STRATOVARIUS are hailed as one of the most influential and successful symphonic metal bands in the world and they have managed to establish themselves as one of the metal scene's heavy names. The new album, "Nemesis", unites all the best traits of the band's melodic, powerful, fresh and technically elaborated metal, all spiced up with an incredible sense for melody.

The album was produced and mixed by Matias Kupiainen and mastered by Mika Jussila from Finnvox studios, who has a long history with the band.

"Nemesis" has a dark and more modern sound compared to the band's last album, "Elysium". It clearly shows how much the band has matured and grown as songwriters. At the same time, the band focused all their attention and work into creating and recording "Nemesis". Singer Timo Kotipelto spent three weeks recording the vocals in a cottage in the Finnish countryside.

States STRATOVARIUS guitarist Matias Kupiainen: "I have more or less lived in the studio for four months, obsessing over every detail. I feel very relieved that we are done and I am very happy with the material and the sound."

Kotipelto agrees: "Making the album this time was easier because we gave it as much time as it needed. We have worked our asses off to make this and we hope the fans will like it."

"Nemesis" has it all. From the typical melodic and powerful STRATOVARIUS sound in "Abandon", to the aggressive and energetic "Stand My Ground", the album represents the new style of the band mixed with good old melodic power metal.

STRATOVARIUS' musical approach is today wider and richer than ever. The song "Fantasy" sounds almost ABBA-esque with its catchy pop flavor, but it's powered by the famous STRATOVARIUS metal sound, louder than ever.

"Out Of The Fog" integrates some folk music elements, with lyrics telling the story of a young person forced to march blindly into battle.

The only ballad on the album, "If The Story Is Over", is a very emotional song with a grand arrangement that builds up to using the full band and ends with a small female choir.

The title track "Nemesis" is a typical STRATOVARIUS song, with echoes of medieval melodies with powerful double bass drumming and the catchy pop melodies from this side of the millennium.

Says Kotipelto: "The title track of the album; with its modern twist on the myth of Nemesis, it tells a story of a preacher who gives each one what they deserve, good or bad. The song has a very nice riff, cool melodies and a great good old STRATOVARIUS-style chorus."

All songs revolve around the leading track "Unbreakable", a very melodic cut with a soft piano intro in contrast to the heavy riffing that the album would display later on.

"Nemesis" track listing:

01. Abandon
02. Unbreakable
03. Stand My Ground
04. Halcyon Days
05. Fantasy
06. Out Of The Fog
07. Castles In The Air
08. Dragons
09. One Must Fall
10. If The Story Is Over
11. Nemesis

I am unable to post the artwork, so if anyone can do that....would be great. Also they have posted a sample of the first single "Unbreakable". All I can say is this album will probably the album that causes alot of head to turn. Just buy the first few seconds, I find that their sound is dark and mature but does not completely abandoned their trademark. Hope you guys enjoy!

<iframe></iframe>

http://youtu.be/1yotdnvXr08

:D :shock: :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
SHINE ON!

Texidor

Re: Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Post by Texidor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm

PS.........Just listen to it again......and I'm already loving it more!
SHINE ON!

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Gosh,gosh, gosh! :luv1: :luv1: :luv1:

Jossu

Post by Jossu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Jumalauta !! Sounds really good. :music:

Thanks Texidor

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Fucking amazing............................. fucking amazing......................
What to do now, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I m so exciting....................

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Amaizing stuff, I fuck myself now, What to do, I will fuck all my friend... just listening it over and over again..................................................

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Part with chor is amazing................... fuck thissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:21 pm

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkk, sperm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shit, this is amazing......................................osdnfgonasšfgohasfjšgosdfhgaš&#263;osbšgauehrgoashdf&#263;šosdfhg&#273;ahsdfg. Jenssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:28 pm

Songwriting credits? They can't possibly be secret so Jens or someone might bump in to inform us.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 pm

I love youu

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 pm

My body is ready.

The artwork is even worse than the one on the single though. WTH, I've come to expect horrible artworks from Helloween, but you guys should know better. :lol:

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:56 pm

omg this sample is fucking amazing!!! Thanks guys!!!I just keep listening to it over and over again :)The wait will be loooooooong

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Here's the cover artwork of "Nemesis" (Sorry the low quality):

I've to say, I don't like the cover either, but WHO FUCKING CARES?! We have a new album coming to our hands, "Unbreakable" shows how much they have changed their sound, and I must say I'm quiet hyped about this album, just like I was with Elysium :luv3:

And I think I speak for everyone, when I say...NEED MOAR SAMPLES!
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 pm

I want to know who wrote what.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Whoa, now that actually took me some time to digest… I never expected to feel a bit ambivalent after reading the first description of the new album and hearing the first teaser :shock: I very much like to read lines like “heavy riffing” or “aggressive and energetic” and “powerful double bass drumming “, that sounds very promising and exciting! But ABBA-esque? Pop-flavour? Pop melodies? Don’t feel very well about that… actually that’s what I slightly dislike about the teaser… the keys and guitars are great though.
The artwork is neither good nor bad surprise since it’s so much like the EP one.

Sigh. Definitely more samples needed asap!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:38 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I want to know who wrote what.
Abandon -Miditek
Unbreakable -BEG
Stand My Ground -Doro
Halcyon Days -Ilsekena
Fantasy -Robocop
Out Of The Fog -Hiro
Castles In The Air -Arnold Layne
Dragons -Raziel
One Must Fall -Eternity Strato
If The Story Is Over -Gonza
Nemesis -GAGAGO

I do miss the 2009 line up ;_;

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

I love the album cover--the Goddess Nemesis(she's the goddess of vengeance) from mythology. That's cool!
@NA, that's cool, too! :D

So, it's Stratovarius with a Vengeance! :headbang: 8)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

So I'm the only ballad? That's just sad :(
|StratoFan Forever|

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm

WOAH! First of all the artwork which it seems to be on of the important topics, the first thing that comes to my mind: WHERE IS THE FUCKING STAR?? :roll: . Now, I like the artwork! If we are talking now about the artwork is because Stratovarius always has got good artworks, and it's a detail that the fans (for better or worse) like a lot. Perhaps is worse than "Elysium" one, but hey! Elysium is perhaps the best artwork that Stratovarius ever released.

One day I want to know in the end which was the meaning of the star from Stratovarius band point of view and why now has disappeard...

Talking about the teaser of "Unbreakable" I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot: heavy riffs, a great intro with excellent keyboards, good chorus (the final part when Koti sings "you carry me away to blablabla") and for what I listened, better single than "Darkest Hours". I want to knowWHO HAS WRITTEN EVERY SONG! and If there's gonna be a videoclip of "Unbreakable" because it's gonna be epic!

It's important to point out the participation of Jens, because modernize the sound of a bans nowadays directly involves working hard with the keyboards melodies a lot, at least, more than Stratovarius has done before (which I know, is really hard).

And to conclude, I think that the Stratovarius sound has changed a lot during those years. Nowadays a band tries to avoid being a copy of the past and try to evolve and develop his music and Stratovarius has done it really well during those years: no one seems to be angry with the direction of the band, and the band has day by day more and more fans. The new sound is amazing, and perhaps the influence of Kupiainen has helped a lot to have a modern Stratovarius.

PD: The track 8 is called Dragons, yes DRAGONS! Is that Stratovarius feat.Rhapsody or what? I am really interested in that song!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 am

:) :) :) :) :) Neverending :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that sample! Can't wait to hear more. Seems it is the first time there is a BIG change at least in some song titles. At least this sample sounds like anything they have done before, but it sounds absolutely amazing. I like the way they try to evolve as a band and try new things keeping their spirit. ANOTHER FANTASTIC STRATOYEAR!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am

The sample is amazing, sounds incredibly fresh! This is gonna be an epic album, can't wait!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 am

Dragons?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote: Halcyon Days
I was hoping Halcyon was some mythical demon...
Instead, it has been brought to my attention that it is this:

:buh:

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 am

Samples? I want a full preview of the song/album!!!! :D

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

:lol: :lol: Those who do not like the beautiful angel are fags and maybe hoped there was a big PENIS instead. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebon14

Post by Lebon14 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 am

This is very good news!
I can't wait to see what the Japanese version will hold... Since I both possess Polaris and Elysium Japanese version, I need to continue this little tradition of mine 8) !
Power Metal FTW

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Any wild guess who wrote the song Unbreakable?

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Betlodocus wrote:Any wild guess who wrote the song Unbreakable?
My guess would be Mathias

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Betlodocus wrote:Samples? I want a full preview of the song/album!!!! :D
I don't... ;)

I won't listen furhter until I have the entire album in my hand :)