Stratovarius Listening Party!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Stratovarius Listening Party!!

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Robololz and Athousand, if possible please go and share your thoughts! :) :) :) :shock:
Stratovarius Listening Party
Público · De Eagle Rock Entertainment

[Cuándo]
lunes, 21 de enero de 2013
[Hora]
19:00 - 21:00 en EST
[Descripción]
Idle Hands Bar in NYC, welcomes members of Stratovarius and fans to meet, talk and listen to the the bands brand new CD 'Nemesis'. The event is open to everyone and its free!

There will be $5 drink specials plus other giveaways from Eagle Rock Entertainment!

The 13 track album will be released on CD on February 26th

Stratovarius 'Nemesis' Meet & Greet Listening Party
Monday, January 21
7-9pm

Idle Hands Bar
25 Avenue B
b/w 2nd and 3rd streets, downstairs
www.idlehandsbar.com

IDLE HANDS BAR
25 Avenue B, Nueva York 10009
https://www.facebook.com/events/198056883652577/
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Texidor

Re: Stratovarius Listening Party!!

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 pm

RazielSR wrote:Robololz and Athousand, if possible please go and share your thoughts! :) :) :) :shock:
Stratovarius Listening Party
Público · De Eagle Rock Entertainment

[Cuándo]
lunes, 21 de enero de 2013
[Hora]
19:00 - 21:00 en EST
[Descripción]
Idle Hands Bar in NYC, welcomes members of Stratovarius and fans to meet, talk and listen to the the bands brand new CD 'Nemesis'. The event is open to everyone and its free!

There will be $5 drink specials plus other giveaways from Eagle Rock Entertainment!

The 13 track album will be released on CD on February 26th

Stratovarius 'Nemesis' Meet & Greet Listening Party
Monday, January 21
7-9pm

Idle Hands Bar
25 Avenue B
b/w 2nd and 3rd streets, downstairs
www.idlehandsbar.com

IDLE HANDS BAR
25 Avenue B, Nueva York 10009
https://www.facebook.com/events/198056883652577/

I am playing hookie from work for this event. I live in New Jersey about 2 hours away but it will be totally worth it! I will report back!
SHINE ON!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Three hour drive to there for me. Hmmm...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 pm

4 hour drive.

I don't even have a car.

Fuck.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

You people are very lucky to live that "near"!

Well, yes... here in europe we can see them in gigs and later when the concert finishes. Anyway, people like me that I'm always going to see them in Madrid cause they have never returned to Valencia since Visions tour I think when Jörg destroyed the drums...and I spend 3,5 hours more or less too (or 1,5 hours with a high speed rail) so I know and understand what you are talking about.
But that kind of listening should be awesome, and it's free and it seems some kind of meet and greet...and the new album!. It is really cool , damn, how I'd love to go there!!!!!!!! You can't miss that opportunity (mainly cause people from USA,can't see Stratovarius normally).
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm

i cant believe you guys, texidor our hopes are on you
A9

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm

It's a 40 hour drive for me...

And that's assuming "Nueva York" is NYC!!! :crazy1:

Black_Kitty

Post by Black_Kitty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

6-7 hours drive...and considering! Any stratofan from montréal going?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Yes, "Nueva York" is "New York".

F*ck, I live on the other side of the country! Why can't this be in L.A.?!?!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:It's a 40 hour drive for me...

And that's assuming "Nueva York" is NYC!!! :crazy1:
No, it is GothAAAAAAAAAAm city...dude... :?

ext0l

Post by ext0l » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 am

It'll will take me 5 hours...

By plane. :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Anybody want to get a hotel room with me?

:buk: :facial: :luv4: :luv1: :luv3: :buk: :facial:

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaja If you promise to laugh all the time. And show some wrinkles.

Like this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm

robocop656 wrote:Anybody want to get a hotel room with me?

:buk: :facial: :luv4: :luv1: :luv3: :buk: :facial:
id love to, but attending the listening party would I think be grossly irresponsible
They let us have signatures on this forum???

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 pm

DC BROS GIVE ME A RIIIIIIIIIDE!

:spin2:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am

Maybe a 24 hours drive, with train-hopping and crawling through three national frontiers.

But but I don't want to miss the $5 drink special!
---...---

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm

You guys are in for a treat, only on the first song, but this sounds AMAZING.
Dark Heavy and Epic are three words that come to mind. Lots of Jens, there's a keyboard solo on the third song that sends me back to Episode for a few seconds. This might actually top Elysium

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm

AGAG wrote:Maybe a 24 hours drive, with train-hopping and crawling through three national frontiers.

But but I don't want to miss the $5 drink special!
:lol:

"There will be $5 drink specials plus other giveaways from Eagle Rock Entertainment! "

So $5 for a beverage is considered a freebie now??
I'll pass on the other giveaways!!

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Rebel wrote:You guys are in for a treat, only on the first song, but this sounds AMAZING.
Dark Heavy and Epic are three words that come to mind. Lots of Jens, there's a keyboard solo on the third song that sends me back to Episode for a few seconds. This might actually top Elysium

Tell us more- don't leave us hanging!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:You guys are in for a treat, only on the first song, but this sounds AMAZING.

5 songs in, very thick/dense sound, darker and heavier than Stratovarius has been in the past, not even sure I'd call this power metal (though Fantasy is pretty catchy and straightforward). No ballads yet, starting the 6th song now, and it does not sound like a ballad either. Me happy. Matias is tearing the hell out of his guitar on these solos.

I'm going to go through one listen and just take it all in, and then go through and try and listen more specifically. Rolf sounds great though.

Eat your heart out Timo Tolkki.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

5 songs in, very thick/dense sound, darker and heavier than Stratovarius has been in the past, not even sure I'd call this power metal (though Fantasy is pretty catchy and straightforward). No ballads yet, starting the 6th song now, and it does not sound like a ballad either. Me happy. Matias is tearing the hell out of his guitar on these solos.

WOW! how amazing and scary at the same time- I hope its still melodic as hell though. When I think of thicker and denser I thick of Hallowed and Last Shore and they dont really do anything for me. Are you able give us more comments if possible?
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

WOW! how amazing and scary at the same time- I hope its still melodic as hell though. When I think of thicker and denser I thick of Hallowed and Last Shore and they dont really do anything for me. Are you able give us more comments if possible?
Fantasy is extremely melodic, Kotipelto is doing a great job on vocal melodies too. I'm going to have to hear this a few times before I have a better idea of its real quality. I'm so outrageously excited its a bit hard to be critical.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone who is able shouldn't be going to this listening party though. This album is nuts.

8 songs in, and no sappy ballads yet! Happy Day!!!

Dragons is crazy melodic

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

Fantasy is extremely melodic, Kotipelto is doing a great job on vocal melodies too. I'm going to have to hear this a few times before I have a better idea of its real quality. I'm so outrageously excited its a bit hard to be critical.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone who is able shouldn't be going to this listening party though. This album is nuts.

Thank you for sharing with us! I would love for you to share more....I am going to the listening party so your words are definitely making me look forward to it even more. Please keep sharing LOL! BTW how are things on that side the MI hand. I use to live in Grand Blanc and Macomb Township
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

Thank you for sharing with us! I would love for you to share more....I am going to the listening party so your words are definitely making me look forward to it even more. Please keep sharing LOL! BTW how are things on that side the MI hand. I use to live in Grand Blanc and Macomb Township
I'm from Brighton originally, in East Lansing for university. I love it here.

10th song is a ballad! I can stomach that because the description sounds like Nemesis is a fast song. So 11 songs total, 1 ballad. That is a good ratio

Just finished the first listen. I love it. It's great. I think I'll like it more than the album Elysium because there don't appear to be any weak tracks on it, Elysium and Polaris I still use the skip button to get to the tracks I like.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

I'm from Brighton originally, in East Lansing for university. I love it here.

10th song is a ballad! I can stomach that because the description sounds like Nemesis is a fast song. So 11 songs total, 1 ballad. That is a good ratio

Just finished the first listen. I love it. It's great. I think I'll like it more than the album Elysium because there don't appear to be any weak tracks on it, Elysium and Polaris I still use the skip button to get to the tracks I like.

Would you call better than Infinite? What are your fave tracks so far?
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Texidor wrote: Would you call better than Infinite? What are your fave tracks so far?
There's absolutely no way I could make that comparison just yet. Unbreakable is great, Abandon, Fantasy, Dragons, Nemesis all come to mind from the first listen. Stand My Ground is what's on right now, and I love it. I feel like all of these songs have the potential to be "favorites" right now. It's such a solid album. Oh man, there's that Episode flashback again.

Halcyon days is very catchy too. When Kotipelto said they "Gave this as much time as it needed", I believe him, this is solid front to back. A lot of people are really going to love "Fantasy" and rightfully so, that would sound amazing played live.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote: Would you call better than Infinite? What are your fave tracks so far?
There's absolutely no way I could make that comparison just yet. Unbreakable is great, Abandon, Fantasy, Dragons, Nemesis all come to mind from the first listen. Stand My Ground is what's on right now, and I love it. I feel like all of these songs have the potential to be "favorites" right now. It's such a solid album. Oh man, there's that Episode flashback again.

Halcyon days is very catchy too. When Kotipelto said they "Gave this as much time as it needed", I believe him, this is solid front to back. A lot of people are really going to love "Fantasy" and rightfully so, that would sound amazing played live.
When I think of Episode, I think of a more neo classical style!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:

It's just one of the tones Jens has on his keyboard, though there are little bits of neo-classical noodling here and there

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:

It's just one of the tones Jens has on his keyboard, though there are little bits of neo-classical noodling here and there

God this wait is killing me!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:

God this wait is killing me!
The listening party will be very bittersweet, because there's no way I could have taken in everything in one listen.