Stratovarius Listening Party!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Re: Stratovarius Listening Party!!

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 am

My review is drafted, and the editor tells me it'll be the first thing he posts tomorrow, we've been down for maintenance for a bit, but this'll be the first thing posted back from break. Keep an eye on www.blackwindmetal.com tomorrow and hopefully it'll be quick. He'll have a lot to edit through though, the review itself is more than 1200 words. I dedicated a paragraph to each members songwriting contributions.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

TheLegendaryDreamer

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:57 am

Rebel wrote:My review is drafted, and the editor tells me it'll be the first thing he posts tomorrow, we've been down for maintenance for a bit, but this'll be the first thing posted back from break. Keep an eye on www.blackwindmetal.com tomorrow and hopefully it'll be quick. He'll have a lot to edit through though, the review itself is more than 1200 words. I dedicated a paragraph to each members songwriting contributions.
Can't wait.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am

TheLegendaryDreamer wrote:Also you can't forget this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... nt_count=1
Lol, Liimatainen.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Hearing the songs in that video...has been...MINDBLOWING.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think this album is gonna be extremely fucking EPIC.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Dear Stratofans,

First reactions to the new Stratovarius album at Ear Music department:

-HC

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 am

HoldenCaulfield wrote:Dear Stratofans,

-HC

UPDATE: Just leaving NYC after listening to Nemesis in its entirety for the first time! 10 out of 10!!!!! This album is a Beast! Even with a lot of background noise and low volume audio, this album is going to leave fans breathless! Jens and Timo took pics, signed items and the promoters gave us singles for "Unbreakable"!!!!! First class people and thankful to their fans!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 am

Texidor wrote:
HoldenCaulfield wrote:Dear Stratofans,

-HC

UPDATE: Just leaving NYC after listening to Nemesis in its entirety for the first time! 10 out of 10!!!!! This album is a Beast! Even with a lot of background noise and low volume audio, this album is going to leave fans breathless! Jens and Timo took pics, signed items and the promoters gave us singles for "Unbreakable"!!!!! First class people and thankful to their fans!
How'd you like the run of Fantasy/Out of the Fog/Castles in the Air?

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 am

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

To be honest they were all great but the audio and background noise made it too difficult to experience the full majesty of it. I will tell you that i loved key intro and chorus to Fantasy. Out of the fog had some heartstopping moments and Castles in the Air is beautiful! If the Story Is Over grabs you at that second chorus and doesnt let go!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 am

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

To be honest they were all great but the audio and background noise made it too difficult to experience the full majesty of it. I will tell you that i loved key intro and chorus to Fantasy. Out of the fog had some heartstopping moments and Castles in the Air is beautiful! If the Story Is Over grabs you at that second chorus and doesnt let go!
Understand why it was a bit hard to comment on One Must Fall and Nemesis?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 am

Wow, sounds like you had a great time, Texidor! Wish I could have been there.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:30 am

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:

Understand why it was a bit hard to comment on One Must Fall and Nemesis?

I would say definitely One Must Fall....Nemesis is a melodic classic of a song!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 pm

I just got word back from the promo company, I'm doing an interview with Kotipelto in an hour, and wanted to know if I could throw a few samples in the audio, they said that Edel/Ear has some promotion plan and doesn't want any clips getting out under any circumstances. I tried though.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Rebel wrote:I just got word back from the promo company, I'm doing an interview with Kotipelto in an hour, and wanted to know if I could throw a few samples in the audio, they said that Edel/Ear has some promotion plan and doesn't want any clips getting out under any circumstances. I tried though.
After hearing the album last night, there is no doubt that Edel/Ear wants good promotion for this one. There is somthing truly special about this album!
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Texidor wrote:
Rebel wrote:I just got word back from the promo company, I'm doing an interview with Kotipelto in an hour, and wanted to know if I could throw a few samples in the audio, they said that Edel/Ear has some promotion plan and doesn't want any clips getting out under any circumstances. I tried though.
After hearing the album last night, there is no doubt that Edel/Ear wants good promotion for this one. There is somthing truly special about this album!
Timo said the club played the album 3 times. Just talked with him for 20 minutes on the phone for an interview. There's some cool stuff, I'll try to get it transcripted and posted ASAP.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 am

Texidor wrote:
i have to agree on that, everybody seems to love it (me included) i havent read a bad word about it , i think we have a winner here.
A9

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:04 am

Rebel wrote:
Texidor wrote:
Timo said the club played the album 3 times. Just talked with him for 20 minutes on the phone for an interview. There's some cool stuff, I'll try to get it transcripted and posted ASAP.
I left about midway through the second time- had a 2 hour plus drive back in the snow! So worth it!
SHINE ON!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 am

Thanks Rebel; can't wait to read your interview!