Favourite song on Nemesis?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Whtat's your favourite song?

Abandon
3%
Unbreakable
3%
Stand My Ground
6%
Halcyon Days
8%
Fantasy
13%
Out of the Fog
6%
Castles in the Air
13%
Dragons
8%
One Must Fall
No votes
If the Story is Over
11%
Nemesis
8%
Screw this, I'm buying the album
8%
Screw that, even. I'm getting the special edition!
14%

Total votes: 64

TheLegendaryDreamer
Favourite song on Nemesis?

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Since Nemesis has been leaked for a while, I thought I should go ahead and start this thread.

Rebel

Re: Favourite song on Nemesis?

Post by Rebel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm

extremely difficult. It started as Halcyon Days, then moved to Out of the Fog, but as of late I haven't been able to get enough of Nemesis...
They let us have signatures on this forum???

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Difficult one indeed. First it was Out Of The Fog, then Fantasy, then Castles In The Air. :lol:

I guess the one I love most at the moment is Abandon. So I'll vote for that.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm

I voted Fantasy, for me it was instantly memorable and definitely written in the trademark Stratovarius way :D

I'm suprised Jari Behm hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet :lol:

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 am

Halcyon days, no doubt!

Fresh and heavy sound!
We don’t necessarily discriminate.
We simply exclude certain types of people.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

Just heard the full album in headphones... I think I really underestimated this album. For me it's definitely one of the best releases ever. Polaris and Elysium was Strato back on form, but with this album I think they have reached another pinnacle era in their discography. And that is one hell of an achievement from 2007/8 when things were no longer clear for the band.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 am

stratodan1990 wrote:I voted Fantasy, for me it was instantly memorable and definitely written in the trademark Stratovarius way :D

I'm suprised Jari Behm hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet :lol:
Ditto. But Stand My Ground and Nemesis are closely behind.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am

"If the story is over" is my favorite. "Castles in the Air" is runner up.

The album is incredible. Many strong songs!

I ordered it on amazon but I couldn't wait... :oops:

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 am

:lol:

"Castles in the air" is my
favorite. "If the story is over" is runner up.

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am

Definetely Castles In The Air! Other options closer to that one could be Nemesis or Halcyon Days but in fact the whole album is great and very balanced and straight-forward!

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

It is going to have to be two way tie right now for me between Stand My Ground and Nemesis. The whole album is amazing but these to resound in my mind. Infectious, Heavy, Melodic, Epic, and I can go on and on!
SHINE ON!

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:33 pm

it is hard to choose but i went for Dragons and following are if the story is over, fantasy, halcyon days, unbreakable, nemesis in no particular order

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Honestly, they're all incredible. Every song is a winner.

But Fantasy... holy shit. Holy SHIT.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

I can't decide between Abandon, Unbreakable, Stand My Ground, Halcyon Days, Fantasy, Out Of The Fog, Castles In The Air, Dragons, One Must Fall, If The Story Is Over and Nemesis :cry:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 pm

The album is awesome!
My faves songs are Fantasy and Castles in the air!
If the story is over is very beautiful :luv1:
Thank you Stratovarius for an wonderful album :D

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 am

ImageSI!
Mariano

BBBBBBBBB

Post by BBBBBBBBB » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 am

ONE MUST FALL :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 am

BBBBBBBBB wrote:ONE MUST FALL :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
One must fall is a killer song. It is the typical song that you don't get in until you have listened enough and then it becomes one of the favourites, I'm sure.

I have listened to the album just sometimes, because I prefer to wait and listen to the cd. By now, my fav one would be Stand my ground, Out of The fog, Fantasy and Nemesis. But well, the "worst" song in this album is an 8/10 song for me. The most complete album, as a whole album, since Visions/Destiny I think, without any doubt. The best of this album is gonna be that you will have always songs to hear. I mean, when you get "bored" of some songs, you'll have the others, and viceversa, because the quality of the whole album is fantastic. I have my tickets to see them this april!!! Can't wait! Third time I will see them since Polaris and can't wait to see Pilwe playing live.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:21 pm

:x DOWNLOADS! PFFFFFFFF. I am waiting for the real one...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote::x DOWNLOADS! PFFFFFFFF. I am waiting for the real one...
You mean the real PFFFF??? The one with the T at the end? :roll:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 am

Castles in the Air!!!! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 am

Are you guys kidding? Fantasy? That's definitely the worst song on the entire album

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 am

bockrocker wrote:Are you guys kidding? Fantasy? That's definitely the worst song on the entire album
No it's not definitely. IN YOUR OPINION maybe.

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote::x DOWNLOADS! PFFFFFFFF. I am waiting for the real one...

T is not a letter we use so often in Europe and especially not together with P and F. So I am sorry my American friend, you have to accept, that my German accent entitles me to leave out this for you, apparently so important little letter.

T in the end is a torturetool for goats.
:roll: :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:22 pm

rikkertje wrote:
bockrocker wrote:Are you guys kidding? Fantasy? That's definitely the worst song on the entire album
No it's not definitely. IN YOUR OPINION maybe.
I think Fantasy was originally composed as a soundtrack for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. :lol:

Not my pick for #1 song but if the lyrics were better it would't be so bad. I find this "climb and hill and make a friend" nonsense tiring :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

T is not a letter we use so often in Europe and especially not together with P and F. So I am sorry my American friend, you have to accept, that my German accent entitles me to leave out this for you, apparently so important little letter.

On the contrary, goats love T's. They roll off of their hircine tongues like friends down a hill. Maybe you should go back to making your helicopter symphonies rather than dabbling in linguistics :roll:

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Nemesis, If the Story is Over, Fantasy, Out of the Fog are the best songs but I think that the better is Nemesis, the choir in the end is probably the best moment of entire album with the relaxing finale of Halcyon Days very similar to Last Shore's feeling.
Nemesis is very special the emotions and the tears of the 18 minutes of Elysium now are in the last 20-30 seconds of choir, great album it's 10/10
And for One Must Fall, I'm surprised is one of the most beautiful songs is various and the solo is very amazing, deep and inner
But anyway I'm waiting for Fireborn and Hunter that are probably the best songs.
I don't understand why Strato put the best songs as bonus was the same in Elysium Last Shore, Hallowed and Castaway.

TheLegendaryDreamer

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:03 am

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:Nemesis, If the Story is Over, Fantasy, Out of the Fog are the best songs but I think that the better is Nemesis, the choir in the end is probably the best moment of entire album with the relaxing finale of Halcyon Days very similar to Last Shore's feeling.
Nemesis is very special the emotions and the tears of the 18 minutes of Elysium now are in the last 20-30 seconds of choir, great album it's 10/10
And for One Must Fall, I'm surprised is one of the most beautiful songs is various and the solo is very amazing, deep and inner
But anyway I'm waiting for Fireborn and Hunter that are probably the best songs.
I don't understand why Strato put the best songs as bonus was the same in Elysium Last Shore, Hallowed and Castaway.
Because if they didn't, then people wouldn't have a reason to BUY the special editions. That's why. It's a marketing technique. If the songs were crappy or of lesser quality than the ones on the main release, less people would buy it.

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

On the contrary, goats love T's. They roll off of their hircine tongues like friends down a hill. Maybe you should go back to making your helicopter symphonies rather than dabbling in linguistics :roll:

A broadside? Jaja! A small American one.

The letter T is still very insignificant! And the goats only fake their delight... :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am

I have listened to the album again, it is the third time.
...The amount of quality, awesomeness, emotions and power while listening this album, is just marvellous. THIS ALBUM IS ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS.
There's no "meh" song for me. If The Story Is Over is a masterpice. And Kotipelto SHINES, SHINES in this song. It is a really touching song. Stand my ground is absolutely epic,it is my favourite one at the moment, One must fall, Nemesis...another masterpieces, MASTERPIECES. Dragons and Fantasy are the most Strato old style songs. Completely necessary in an Stratovarius album. Catchy and beautiful songs that makes you go through the album knowing they still keeping their catchy style. Castles in the sky was a maybe the song that I would say well, it is the "weak" song (weak, meaning 8/10). But now that I have listened again...wow!!!! Out of the fog is really fantastic too! and I really appreciate Liimatainen's effort helping with this song for an Stratovarius album, thanks man. Unbreakable is really atmospheric, catchy and complete song. It have a bit of everything. The composition is PERFECT. Halcyon days is an opener imho. This song is the most remarkable song while talking about the style of this album. It is I think the song that helps all the rest of the songs flow through the album. Abandon is a magnificient way to start the album. Killer song.

PLEASE. OPEN THE SHOWS WITH HALCYON DAYS AND END WITH NEMESIS. In the middle play Fantasy, Dragons, One must fall, Unbreakable, If the Story is over and Stand my ground. Add Elysium, Emancipation and whatever you want and I can die in the middle of the concert.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU LIVE AGAIN. CAN'T WAIT. Now I'm going to TRY to wait until I have the album in my hands.

Many thanks for these awesome compositions, emotions, feelings, grandiosity and love to your band, Stratovarius.

THANK YOU.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...