Open Letter to Jens

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Post Reply
Sonic-Winter
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Open Letter to Jens

Post by Sonic-Winter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

A warmhearted thank you for "Kill it with Fire".
I just heard it on youtube and now I think I have to order the official japanese CD.

Several songs on Nemesis seem to be very well written (until now I was only able to listen to youtube because the CD is not availabe yet):
I love "Dragons", "Fireborn", "Unbreakable" and "If the story is over".

Especially "Kill it with Fire" offers many of the best Stratovarius-, Johansson Brothers- and Malmsteen-Trademarks combined! This song with its Keyboard-"overkill" :D is outstanding. It is the coolest neoclassicel keyboard arrangement I have heard in years.

A big thank you for that! I love it!!!

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by RazielSR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:17 am

Sonic-Winter wrote:
Especially "Kill it with Fire" offers many of the best Stratovarius-, Johansson Brothers- and Malmsteen-Trademarks combined! This song with its Keyboard-"overkill" :D is outstanding. It is the coolest neoclassicel keyboard arrangement I have heard in years.
True, that was exactly what came to my mind while hearing the song. Jens all around, what a fantastic song, seems like a tribute.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
Arnold Layne
Sr. Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am
Location: Leeds, England

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by Arnold Layne » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 am

Open letters are gay.
Couldn't you have made this post without calling it an open letter?

greetings from panda express,

Arnold Layne

User avatar
Texidor
Sr. Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by Texidor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 am

RazielSR wrote:
Sonic-Winter wrote:
Especially "Kill it with Fire" offers many of the best Stratovarius-, Johansson Brothers- and Malmsteen-Trademarks combined! This song with its Keyboard-"overkill" :D is outstanding. It is the coolest neoclassicel keyboard arrangement I have heard in years.
True, that was exactly what came to my mind while hearing the song. Jens all around, what a fantastic song, seems like a tribute.
Whatever it may be..... This song is a true neo classical powerhouse but not stagnant.... Proof positive that they still have their traditional chops in check! Hail!
SHINE ON!

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by rikkertje » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 am

Kill It With Fire is magnificent! That keyboard solo is indeed funny. As is the outro. Lovely neoclassical Strato song.

User avatar
foerg
Sr. Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by foerg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am

dx7 solo?!?

User avatar
Inventariado
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:07 am
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by Inventariado » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:39 am

I just heard it.

How on EARTH this song is not part of the album???
Top#3 of the new Strato era, according to my humble oppinion.
Mariano

gazinwales
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:35 pm

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by gazinwales » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 am

Well in the CD booklet, Kill It With Fire, is dedicated to Yngwie.

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by RazielSR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 am

gazinwales wrote:Well in the CD booklet, Kill It With Fire, is dedicated to Yngwie.
True, and it was obvious anyway.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Japanese people always get all the awesome bonus tracks. America just gets 50 chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce.


Image

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by RazielSR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm

:D :D :D :D

jajajajajaja!!

Yea it's true, this is what they do when they buy the japanese editions 60% cheaper than us!! :x :x :D

Image
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm

robocop656 wrote:America just gets 50 chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce
What's wrong with that? :pacscat: :) :P

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Nuthin much fellow patriot. Now Excuse me while I eat my heart medication dipped in mayonnaise. (I'm vegetarian. :wink: )


Image

This guy is looking for miditek.

Image

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 am

Thank you all for the kind words!

Japanese fans have to pay a hell of a lot for their records .. it's how it is!

a_Sniper
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:20 am

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by a_Sniper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm

JensJohansson wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!

Japanese fans have to pay a hell of a lot for their records .. it's how it is!
Why not release this song in Special limited ultra edition which costs about same as in japan? I would buy it for sure ;)

User avatar
R.F.
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by R.F. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 am

a_Sniper wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!

Japanese fans have to pay a hell of a lot for their records .. it's how it is!
Why not release this song in Special limited ultra edition which costs about same as in japan? I would buy it for sure ;)
Isn't it easier just to buy a Japanese edition? The shipping may be costly, though. Does anyone know how much, by the way?

bockrocker
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by bockrocker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 am

R.F. wrote:
a_Sniper wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!

Japanese fans have to pay a hell of a lot for their records .. it's how it is!
Why not release this song in Special limited ultra edition which costs about same as in japan? I would buy it for sure ;)
Isn't it easier just to buy a Japanese edition? The shipping may be costly, though. Does anyone know how much, by the way?
A lot! Through amazon anyway. If you buy it through ebay or something those asian sellers will only charge $3 shipping and you might get it in a month or so, but amazon.co.jp only offers fast international shipping for like $20 + $4 per item (so it makes sense to buy many items at once).

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Open Letter to Jens

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 pm

I bought the special edition from CD Japan and it was 34€, including fedex one day delivery that then was 5 days.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Post Reply