SONATA ARCTICA – New Album "Pariah’s Child"

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HinatAArcticA
SONATA ARCTICA – New Album "Pariah’s Child"

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm

On March, 28th the new SONATA ARCTICA album "Pariah's Child" will be released. It is the band's eighth studio album and the follow up to their successful "Stones Grow Her Name".

Today the beautiful cover artwork for "Pariah's Child" will be released. Vocalist Tony Kakko explains he thoughts behind the album title and the artwork like this:
"As always it's pretty hard coming up with a name for the new baby. I tried to approach it from many angles; how this is our 8th album and how easy it would be to abuse that fact. All the symbolism of figure eight, eternity and so on. But that just did not feel right as it's been done so many times. Then I started to think how we'd in ways abandoned our "totem animal", the wolf and all what comes with the territory. As the music on the album is bowing more towards the "old" Sonata, meaning more power metal style elements and wolves in many of the songs in one form or another, it was clear we need a wolf on the cover. An abandoned wolf. A pariah. Or Pariah's child, actually. The new generation to bring the old logo back."

Right after the release, SONATA ARCTICA will start touring again. Keyboard player Henrik "Henkka" Klingenberg left the following message:
"It's been a while since we last toured Europe, so I'm very happy that we can announce our first tour with our new album. Since the album will be out in March 2014, we don't want to waste any time but will head out for a full European Tour. Our tour will start in Eindhoven, NL on April 10th, 2014. The whole band is really looking forward to playing some new songs for you and introduce our new bass player, Pasi, to all our fans. He's a monster live, you'll see. Check below for the tourdates and we'll see you in a few months!"

10.04.2014 - NL - Effenaar, Eindhoven
13.04.2014 - NL - Melkweg, Amsterdam
14.04.2014 - DE - Markthalle, Hamburg
16.04.2014 - DE - Meier Music Hall, Braunschweig
17.04.2014 - DE - C-Club, Berlin
18.04.2014 - DE - Hellraiser, Leipzig
19.04.2014 - DE - Matrix, Bochum
21.04.2014 - DE - Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg
22.04.2014 - DE - Garage, Saarbrücken
23.04.2014 - FR - Bataclan, Paris
24.04.2014 - DE - Rockfabrik, Ludwigsburg
26.04.2014 - DE - Hirsch, Nürnberg
27.04.2014 - CH - Z7, Pratteln
28.04.2014 - IT - Live Club, Trezzo
30.04.2014 - HU - Club 202, Budapest
01.05.2014 - CZ - Retro Music Hall, Prague
02.05.2014 - AT - Szene, Vienna
04.05.2014 - FR - Transbordeur, Lyon
05.05.2014 - ES - Bikini, Barcelona
06.05.2014 - ES - Arena, Madrid

Image I came...
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Mr cool Edit

Re: SONATA ARCTICA – New Album "Pariah’s Child"

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 pm

DELETING POST FOR BROKEN HEART-----

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 am

This just in: Sonata Arctica's fame has plummeted so fast that they're cashing in on past successes, will it work? Tune in to find out!
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 am

Very excited, I like Sonata Arctica quite a lot. Shame Jani's gone, he's very talented but Elias isn't bad either. Here's to it.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:13 am

Listening to The Power of One as I saw the news.

Rhapsody is going "back to the roots" and now SA is doing the same. Are we back in the 90's?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 am

Rebel wrote:This just in: Sonata Arctica's fame has plummeted so fast that they're cashing in on past successes, will it work? Tune in to find out!

:lol: :lol: most bands had a one or two lame albums in their career before coming back to greatness, lets hope sonata follows that tradition.
A9

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:49 am

Good news indeed. Last two albums were kinda bad. At least when compared to their other albums.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:41 pm

I can understand why some people don't like the last two albums. My brother is on that boat.

I don't think they are doing this kind of music again to "sell out", because I think Tony is a bit like Tobi Sammet, in the sense he just writes music he likes... so I think this is just the way he wants to go right now.

Anyway, I'll be posting all the info about the single and other stuff here. Of course it had to be me :lol:
Tony Kakko

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:I can understand why some people don't like the last two albums. My brother is on that boat.

I don't think they are doing this kind of music again to "sell out", because I think Tony is a bit like Tobi Sammet, in the sense he just writes music he likes... so I think this is just the way he wants to go right now.

Anyway, I'll be posting all the info about the single and other stuff here. Of course it had to be me :lol:
Marry me. :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:50 am

I didn't like Stones Grow Her Name much. Tony is thinking too much! The melodies are not that memorable. The production sounds messy and the tracks are too musically "dense". Lets see how this one goes. I doubt it will sound like Ecliptica!

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:56 am

I do miss the sound of older SA music (I really like Reckoning Night) but Stones Grow Her Name wasn't half bad to me. I did like Wildfire Pt. II. But we'll have to see what the future brings.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I didn't like Stones Grow Her Name much. Tony is thinking too much! The melodies are not that memorable. The production sounds messy and the tracks are too musically "dense". Lets see how this one goes. I doubt it will sound like Ecliptica!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 am

I think Tony's pseudo-emo deep emotional bent gave a unique quality to the music when he was writing absolutely awesome melodies. But I'm also pretty confident that Jani Liimitainen was mostly responsible for why the band was great and since he's left, Tony is just flat on his face. Honestly, between that keyboard player and Elias Viljanen, they should be able to write some cool stuff, but it just seems to not be happening. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope it's good, it's just that without Jani, I'm not convinced they can make the magic happened.

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Rebel wrote:I think Tony's pseudo-emo deep emotional bent gave a unique quality to the music when he was writing absolutely awesome melodies. But I'm also pretty confident that Jani Liimitainen was mostly responsible for why the band was great and since he's left, Tony is just flat on his face. Honestly, between that keyboard player and Elias Viljanen, they should be able to write some cool stuff, but it just seems to not be happening. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hope it's good, it's just that without Jani, I'm not convinced they can make the magic happened.
Yeah, i loved TDOG and SGHN was a decent effort but i do feel that Sonata lost a lot when Jani left. We'll see if Elias is up to the task on this new album, if its something like RN then i'm pretty excited

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 am

I'm not sure if you guys know, but Tony used to have a lot of control on the guitar until Elias came, and Tony actually let him do more things than before.
Tony Kakko

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 am

Will Jani ever be in a band? Or will he always be a pariah?

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 am

I don't think he's comming back. He got tired of the band long before his departure. It Wont Fade is a letter to him actually.

I don't think it has to do with the guitar player. Sonata has always been a keyboard-driven band, specially since Tony writes most of the music on keys.

Thing with the las two (maybe three albums) is that the song writting style has been all over the place. Some songs work (I think, and some don't.

I like SGHN, but it is true that the songs may be too simple for their own good. My favorite song is the most darren in the album. Somewhere Close to You.

I think the songwritting in the new album will be a lot more consistant :)
Tony Kakko

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 am

When TDOG came out I was rather disappointed. Song titles were cool, cover art was cool, and Tommy said in some interview that the album reminds of Silence. Well, for me it didn't. Around six songs were boring, few of them were decent/good and just one song was very good (Juliet).

SGHN is much better, but it lacks of something.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 am

I agree, TDOG was kind of boring. I did like Juliet a lot and Zeros was pretty nice. Deathaura I really liked but nothing else was that memorable. I like SGHN better.
SatanicSmile wrote:When TDOG came out I was rather disappointed. Song titles were cool, cover art was cool, and Tommy said in some interview that the album reminds of Silence. Well, for me it didn't. Around six songs were boring, few of them were decent/good and just one song was very good (Juliet).

SGHN is much better, but it lacks of something.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:20 am

My editor is leading me to believe that this album is actually really awesome. Says that they're delivering on the back to the roots promises

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

Rebel wrote:My editor is leading me to believe
you mean your blog administrator...?? :twisted:

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm looking forward to this album, it's nice to see the bands going back to their roots after two disappointing albums.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:22 pm

you mean your mom...?? :twisted:

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:41 pm

New Info!!

On March, 28th the new SONATA ARCTICA album »Pariah’s Child« will be released. It is the band’s eights studio album and the follow up to their successful »Stones Grow Her Name«.

Today SONATA ARCTICA release the tracklist of »Pariah’s Child«:

01. The Wolves Die Young
02. Running Lights
03. Take One Breath
04. Cloud Factory
05. Blood
06. What Did You Do In The War, Dad?
07. Half A Marathon man
08. X Marks The Spot
09. Love
10. Larger Than Life

The recordings were just completed, and the band is till overwhelmed by themselves about the final result. Vocalist Tony Kakko recently commented:

“There are some instant Sonata-Greatest-Hits songs there, which feels good. I think we reached the result we had in mind, each of us in our own field. We went on to create the next SONATA ARCTICA power metalesque album and I think we achieved it adequately. I have to say that I had drifted pretty far away from those “days of thunder”, that speedy happy go lucky attitude. I was happy to notice this style can still make me smile. It's good. Music has to do that to me. It also shows the other older songs in a totally new light for me. I can now understand and appreciate why the fans enjoy what we did in the early days.”

The album was recorded and produced by the band at “Studio 57” in Alaveteli, Finland. The mix was done by the band’s new bass player Kauppinen.

SONATA ARCTICA also recorded five studio episodes with each member, which will be released every week. Check out the first part, featuring drummer Tommy Portimo,
here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0WTxiNlVHU

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Previews never do an album proper justice... I remember I thought Nemesis sounded a bit boring in the previews. Then of course, I listened to the album. SOOO GOOD.

I think Tony has finally understood something I've belived for a very long time. Sonata is not just those fast tracks, but those tracks are also Sonata. There's no need to deny that's also part of their mucis. And by doing so, it won't take away the other amazing things the band also is, and that shows up on slower or more progressive tracks.

Simply put: One thing does not cancel the other
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
you mean your blog administrator...?? :twisted:
:lol:
I like to think we're a bit more than a blog. He also reviews and edits everything that gets posted to the site, so I feel pretty OK referring to him as an editor. Just like I put on resumes that I'm the webmaster, because every time something breaks on our server, I go fix it.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm

iTunes Marks Feb 11th as the release date for the first single, The Wolves Die Young

Tracklist
1.- The Wolves Die Young
2.- The Wolves Die Young (Single Edit)

iTunes

The band hopes to release the second single as well before the album's release.
Tony Kakko

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Sounds cool, but I'm going to keep my expectations low until I actually hear the album in its entirety.
HinatAArcticA wrote:(Single Edit)
All of my hate!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm

The little snippet at the end of the first album trailer sounded quite promising to me. Looking forward to this release!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Why are these grown men obsessed with wolves??

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:56 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Why are these grown men obsessed with wolves??
the same happen with gays are obsessed with penises

Timo Tolkki are obsessed with Stratovarius

Stratofans are obsessed with build multiples fake accounts and insults thinking that one person are idiot.....

Lawyers are obsessed with the money.....

politics in thief countries

I cant write a book.......