goth music

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
doc_holliday
goth music

Post by doc_holliday » Fri May 02, 2014 4:02 pm

i recently took interest with the goth culture and music. I stumbled on this song, which I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnM8cebW8kA

do u guys like this? do you know some other good goth music?

Metal Panda

Re: goth music

Post by Metal Panda » Fri May 02, 2014 9:12 pm

doc_holliday wrote:i recently took interest with the goth culture and music. I stumbled on this song, which I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnM8cebW8kA

do u guys like this? do you know some other good goth music?
this is a master piece and the girls have an angel voice

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CdhqVtpR2ts?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CdhqVtpR2ts?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

i love this style

MASTER PIECE IN NU METAL, NIGGERS!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/3YxaaGgTQYM?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/3YxaaGgTQYM?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 04, 2014 1:51 am

"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 04, 2014 1:54 am

For a proper answer, if you want to see the real old goth stuff, best to start looking at bands like Sisters of Mercy and maybe Joy Division. London After Midnight are also an interesting act. Current 93 were somewhat legendary as well.

I really like Christian Death out of the early goth-rock bands.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/aDgUlhQnrHI?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/aDgUlhQnrHI?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Now for something more metal-ish, it's hard to top Type O Negative:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/TJK4i16tXck?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/TJK4i16tXck?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One of my favourite songs from one of my favourite bands ever.

Paradise Lost have an album and a song called Gothic, so, well...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/mTSXu_ksvyM?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/mTSXu_ksvyM?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My Dying Bride are another key band I think.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/iQzisL_aDxM?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/iQzisL_aDxM?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Anathema were, once upon a time, considered a gothic band but their later material... is not. Still, their early albums are all kinds of awesome:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/aJT4y0Oa180?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/aJT4y0Oa180?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Moonspell also incorporate a lot of gothic influences in their music:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/rhUPFMGn9H8?hl=en_GB& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/rhUPFMGn9H8?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This just scratches the surface.

Goth music is pretty great. But like all other music, remember to just enjoy it and not take yourself too seriously ;)

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Sun May 04, 2014 2:40 am

you are gay, lawyer......

go to play with your barbies dolls and no break the balls... :x :x :x :x :x :x

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Just letting you know that I've put you on ignore as you don't contribute anything useful or meaningful to the forum - if you were at least funny you'd have some value.

do_holliday what do you think of the songs?

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sun May 04, 2014 4:11 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Just letting you know that I've put you on ignore as you don't contribute anything useful or meaningful to the forum - if you were at least funny you'd have some value.

to tell you the truth, i didn't really like them :( too dark for me.
Anathema wasn't bad, good background music when you're like programming or making something.
Moonspell's also good background music. Not something I would listen to to enjoy it, like i do with Stratovarius.

From metal panda, I enjoyed that second song.

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Sun May 04, 2014 4:43 pm

NeonVomit has already mentioned Sisters of Mercy and London After Midninght. I would also suggest Clan of Xymox. Used to be into gothic synth pop for a while.
But my absolute favorite goth band is Lacrimosa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7oSgBsdsIQ

Singing in German, if you don't mind.

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Sun May 04, 2014 4:58 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Just letting you know that I've put you on ignore as you don't contribute anything useful or meaningful to the forum - if you were at least funny you'd have some value.

PPPFFFFFFFF!!!!!! you can ignore all that you wish, nigger, i dont care a testicle what fucking you do.

CAPISCE!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm

R.F. wrote:NeonVomit has already mentioned Sisters of Mercy and London After Midninght. I would also suggest Clan of Xymox. Used to be into gothic synth pop for a while.

You stole my suggestion right out of my mouth, so to speak! :D
I love Lacrimosa, but I have not kept up with them lately. Are they still together? Tilo and Anne were great duo, and they both had awesome fashion sense, they dressed the part of Goth.

"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:30 pm

evanescence :lol:
anyway, I never cared for that kind of music, but I heard lacrimosa is like the must listen if you are into goth.
so yo do the hard work and let me know if that band is any good
A9

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Sun May 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Evanescence are 100% much better harmony and quality composition.....

AND IM NOT PRO MUSICAL PRODUcer!!!!!

LACRIMOSA IS HORRIBLE.........

lacrimosa singer sound as:

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 am

R.F. wrote:NeonVomit has already mentioned Sisters of Mercy and London After Midninght. I would also suggest Clan of Xymox. Used to be into gothic synth pop for a while.

nice, i really like this one

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Mon May 05, 2014 1:33 am

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 am

doc_holliday wrote:

to tell you the truth, i didn't really like them :( too dark for me.
Anathema wasn't bad, good background music when you're like programming or making something.
Moonspell's also good background music. Not something I would listen to to enjoy it, like i do with Stratovarius.
Goth music is, by definition, very dark... it's all about going down a dark path. If you give it the time it deserves, you will find it very rewarding I promise you. Trust me.

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 am

I WILL bACK TO THE the Classical comunity.

2012 complete as observer i was in this forum, and my compasive personality again put me in a huge fail

2013 was a disaster.

2014 i dont have more patience, tall me that im a disaster when you all are one lost stuff.

I was curious for Metal producers and I was a huge deception, Is mostly, "I like whatever stupid guy that dress clown clothees"

Basically, all sound the same in the metal music, dont have one open mind, some singers really is a fucking disasters and some producers claim "Perfection", all the singers have the same voice, the same melody, the same feeling, the same girly and light voice full of nice toys.

This is the second time that the administrator dont want delete my accounts.

I understand when one "Blue Opera singers" tell discriminate the metal singers. Really is this, I was educated with the 1700 education in the classical conservatory, for that my style of music

but well. The next time try to be less mother fucker in your life, maybe for that a lot of you all have horrible final in you life.

Jim Morrison, Kurt Cubain, Freaddie Mercury, INXS singer, Jimmy Hendrix, jonis jopplin etc... etc......

I need peace to find my new path, in a serious place

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Not sure if this counts... but still

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/1oubH3fYKeQ?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/1oubH3fYKeQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dMvoibGPgO4?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dMvoibGPgO4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/8--4r9o78gs?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/8--4r9o78gs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am

Haven't heard Malice Mizer in years! Japan has a rich goth scene, because of course it would.

joteke

Post by joteke » Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Old 69 Eyes is quite gothic to me.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Hf0_FsiQLGU?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Hf0_FsiQLGU?version=3 ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Mon May 12, 2014 7:25 pm

THERION!!!!!!

I know that the band have a deal with the Evil, but i like his music, i dont have religion

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6Nn2j4j--kg?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6Nn2j4j--kg?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

Flavio Ontivero

HO MY GOOSHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Tue May 13, 2014 8:34 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

HOOO MY GOSH!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

why therion use this clothes if IN EUROPE NO EXIST THE CARNIVAL

Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stratowarius 3.0

Post by Stratowarius 3.0 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: UFO? You are an UFO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Tue May 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Dear stratowarius 3.0, how you arev married FOREVER with Ö10, you need use FOREVER, this

But im free, i end to compare to Simone Simons with Any Lee

Simone simons= Morre beauty Girl, Classical singer but singing metal is a bit COLD GIRL (Mix of Styles)

I DECLARE MY lOVE TO aNNY lEE AS A "QUEEN OF METAL" WOMAN VOICE

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/5anLPw0Efmo?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/5anLPw0Efmo?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

or

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/L21dXQMNOQs?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/L21dXQMNOQs?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

But she dont sing full into the Metal vocals, you can listen her in her vocals sound, ANNY LEE IS pure metal girl

SHE HAVE A HUGE MIX!

the same with simone simons

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dNoTvg0t52c?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dNoTvg0t52c?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The same happen with the Male singers:

Flavio vs Timo

The Metal King id Timo why he is PURE Metal singer. Flavio is a crazy one that have Other cuture :lol:

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:54 am

:x :x Marriage? :x :x Who is talking about Marriage without my consent? :x :x :x

JAJA, the Argentinian Senor must be joking. :lol: :lol:

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Wed May 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Hubble86 wrote::x :x Marriage? :x :x Who is talking about Marriage without my consent? :x :x :x

JAJA, the Argentinian Senor must be joking. :lol: :lol:
how much account you have, sir or miss? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 am

:roll: What do you mean sire Argentinian? I have one account, one avatar and that is enough. You need more? :roll:

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 am

Hubble86 wrote::roll: What do you mean sire Argentinian? I have one account, one avatar and that is enough. You need more? :roll:
mmmmmmmm.......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you all are more dangerous that metalhead chickens

Image :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stratowarius 3.0

Post by Stratowarius 3.0 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:18 pm

:lol: :lol: You and your selfies. Selfie=Portrait you take of yourself with your cell phone. This one was very talking. Kvack kvack. :lol: :lol:

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Thu May 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Stratowarius 3.0 wrote::lol: :lol: You and your selfies. Selfie=Portrait you take of yourself with your cell phone. This one was very talking. Kvack kvack. :lol: :lol:
mmmmmmmm..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Protect to jens Johansson, large finnish, the elephant tell me that he want a duel with he

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/p5KoN54culM?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/p5KoN54culM?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Stratowarius 3.0 wrote::lol: :lol: You and your selfies. Selfie=Portrait you take of yourself with your cell phone. This one was very talking. Kvack kvack. :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tell me the true, large guy.......

Metal chicken vs this singer

I think that the metal chiken in more handsome.

This guy play harder Street Fighter. He think that he is Bison