Exactly 10 years ago...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
mocobhc
Exactly 10 years ago...

Post by mocobhc » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:06 am

... this happened
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

and this

Happy 10. anniversary! May the next 10 be as successful.

jam

Re: Exactly 10 years ago...

Post by jam » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:54 pm

mocobhc wrote:... this happened
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Happy 10. anniversary! May the next 10 be as successful.
congratulation

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Love Jari, but in hindsight, I don't think they could've picked a better bassist to fill his shoes. Lauri proved he gels perfectly with the band, especially with his songwriting on Elysium. And he's amazing live.

Here's to another 10 years, Lauri!

jam

Post by jam » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:51 pm

sorry, i dont want be a gross, but im trying to know about more about this band.

I'm a curious persons more that one band that live in the other side of the planet.

first I will share the link, more now in sunday that im bored, but its very possible i will continue with my work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Porra

in one part, is a but strange, maybe he need talk with wikipedia owners to change this, I will hadd in Black the part

Lauri Porra (born December 13, 1977) is a Finnish bassist and composer, best known for his work in Stratovarius[1] and Sinergy. Lauri Porra is a fourth generation musician, and the great-grandson of famous Finnish composer Jean Sibelius.[2] He started to study music at age 6 when he started to play cello in a local music school. In 1993 he switched to bass guitar and continued his studies in the Helsinki Pop Jazz Conservatory (1994–2004). Additionally he has taken lessons on piano, double bass, trumpet and male vocals. During 1997-1999 he sang with the renowned YL male choir performing for instance with the London Symphony Orchestra. He has released two solo albums "Lauri Porra" (2005) and "All Children Have Superpowers" (2008). He has also composed music to movies and TV-series in Finland.

In Portuguese, "Porra" is a pejorative slang for sperm. The fact made Timo Tolkki introduce him as "Mr. Porra" in Stratovarius concerts in Brazil.

I know that the world is crazy and internet is more crazy. But i dont know

fuck

Post by fuck » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Please ban jam , also known as flavio.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:Love Jari, but in hindsight, I don't think they could've picked a better bassist to fill his shoes. Lauri proved he gels perfectly with the band, especially with his songwriting on Elysium. And he's amazing live.

Here's to another 10 years, Lauri!
Jari felt like a machine to me. Like in terms of technique he was 100% up there, but I never really noticed anything creative like with Lauri's bass work.

Also bring back shirtless Lauri!

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:50 pm

SentineLEX wrote:but I never really noticed anything creative like with Lauri's bass work.

Also bring back shirtless Lauri!
Rather bring back extended bass-guitar-keyboard-duels or solo parts, where they can show all that creativity! One of the main disadvantages of these double-headlining-tours was the lack of time for such highlights :(

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:06 am

Has it been 10 years already? Good Lord, where does the time go!It has been a wonderful decade in Stratoland, let's keep it going for another 10! :funhi:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~