Eternal Tour Setlist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
HinatAArcticA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:21 am
Location: South Pole

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:36 pm

They are playing Eagleheart? :?

"And his eyes are blazing with fire! Longing FOU!!!!!!! the deepest desire!"
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:27 pm

While I think Eagleheart shouldn't be on the setlist anymore, I found out that he sings FOOOOOR instead of FOU! again! :D

Look: http://youtu.be/Buk1SJpTgMc

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:10 pm

I was thinking of a way to keep the setlist fresh and also include classics. Came up with this.

- Intro
- My Eternal Dream
- Twilight Symphony
- Man In The Mirror
- Distant Skies
- Season of Change
- Tomorrow or No Turning Back or Millenium or I'm Still Alive
- Lost Without a Trace
- Rise Above It
- The Lost Saga
- Will The Sun Rise or Forever Free or Speed of Light or Eagleheart
- If The Story Is Over (acoustic)
- Shine In The Dark
---
- Against The Wind
- Feeding The Fire
- Hunting High and Low or Black Diamond

The band could just pick one of the songs in the 'or'-spots every night. Also makes sure people who come to the show more than one time get some surprises as different songs are played every night.

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 am

This is why this song should be in the setlist.

http://youtu.be/ruw6Y3l_rgA

DrumMaster
Jr. Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by DrumMaster » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:08 pm

I am sorry that the setlist is so short ... :(.

My personal would be :


My eternal dream
Kiss of judas
Shine in the dark
Phoenix
Season of change
Rise above it
Forever is today
We hold the key
Man in the Mirror
Halcyon days
Anthem of the world

Eagleheart
Coming home

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Now they even cut out In My Line of Work and replaced it with Paradise.
Is this the Eternal World Tour or the We're Playing The Same Old Songs On and On and On Tour? :roll:

Pancio
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by Pancio » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Yesterday I was in Trezzo and I noticed that thing too, but sorry guys, In my Line of Work is not playable for Timo, if you listen at any live version on YouTube he can't reach the chorus at the end of the song so I think is a good idea to remove it after the bronchitis.
About the setlist, I know they play the same songs in any tour but there are a lot of people which goes to their concert only for Black Diamond, Paradise, Speed of Light and Hunting High and Low so they need to include it since the average fan is pretty stupid and ignorant(I noticed that too yesterday,no one know a single word of Eternal and no one)
Of course I wish they can change their setlist,I want more from Episode, Visions, Elements and of course from Elysium, Nemesis and Eternal, but they can't simply swap songs, we are a minority and not the whole fanbase so this setlist works pretty well for both I think.
Aside that, Timo seems in a very good shape again so their fully back!

I link a piece of The Lost Saga, is not complete since the phone run out of power and is out of focus(fucking shitty hair) but it's a great performance,enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1UT6zefGBU

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by SentineLEX » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 pm

What's wrong with Feeding the Fire then?

Or Few Are Those?

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Pancio wrote:Yesterday I was in Trezzo and I noticed that thing too, but sorry guys, In my Line of Work is not playable for Timo, if you listen at any live version on YouTube he can't reach the chorus at the end of the song so I think is a good idea to remove it after the bronchitis.
I agree that it wasn't the best song for TK live, but at least they could've replaced it with some other song from Eternal. Transpose it down is also an option.
Pancio wrote:(I noticed that too yesterday,no one know a single word of Eternal and no one)
Maybe people don't know the words yet, but they definitely love it. Hear how everyone sings the melody when My Eternal Dream starts: http://youtu.be/f0e0sRq3_fU

So I really think they should play more of Eternal, transposed down if nessicary for Timo.

They can keep in one or two classics and play other, old songs that are not played very often. The only thing the need is the courage to do it. I'm quite sure the audience will love the shows anyway.

DrumMaster
Jr. Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by DrumMaster » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Pancio wrote:Yesterday I was in Trezzo and I noticed that thing too, but sorry guys, In my Line of Work is not playable for Timo, if you listen at any live version on YouTube he can't reach the chorus at the end of the song so I think is a good idea to remove it after the bronchitis.
I agree that it wasn't the best song for TK live, but at least they could've replaced it with some other song from Eternal. Transpose it down is also an option.
Pancio wrote:(I noticed that too yesterday,no one know a single word of Eternal and no one)
Maybe people don't know the words yet, but they definitely love it. Hear how everyone sings the melody when My Eternal Dream starts: http://youtu.be/f0e0sRq3_fU

So I really think they should play more of Eternal, transposed down if nessicary for Timo.

They can keep in one or two classics and play other, old songs that are not played very often. The only thing the need is the courage to do it. I'm quite sure the audience will love the shows anyway.
So Man in the Mirror has to come :)

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:06 pm

DrumMaster wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Pancio wrote:Yesterday I was in Trezzo and I noticed that thing too, but sorry guys, In my Line of Work is not playable for Timo, if you listen at any live version on YouTube he can't reach the chorus at the end of the song so I think is a good idea to remove it after the bronchitis.
I agree that it wasn't the best song for TK live, but at least they could've replaced it with some other song from Eternal. Transpose it down is also an option.
Pancio wrote:(I noticed that too yesterday,no one know a single word of Eternal and no one)
Maybe people don't know the words yet, but they definitely love it. Hear how everyone sings the melody when My Eternal Dream starts: http://youtu.be/f0e0sRq3_fU

So I really think they should play more of Eternal, transposed down if nessicary for Timo.

They can keep in one or two classics and play other, old songs that are not played very often. The only thing the need is the courage to do it. I'm quite sure the audience will love the shows anyway.
So Man in the Mirror has to come :)
I definitely agree! :)

User avatar
Southern_Cross
Sr. Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:49 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by Southern_Cross » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 pm

rikkertje wrote:
DrumMaster wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Pancio wrote:Yesterday I was in Trezzo and I noticed that thing too, but sorry guys, In my Line of Work is not playable for Timo, if you listen at any live version on YouTube he can't reach the chorus at the end of the song so I think is a good idea to remove it after the bronchitis.
I agree that it wasn't the best song for TK live, but at least they could've replaced it with some other song from Eternal. Transpose it down is also an option.
Pancio wrote:(I noticed that too yesterday,no one know a single word of Eternal and no one)
Maybe people don't know the words yet, but they definitely love it. Hear how everyone sings the melody when My Eternal Dream starts: http://youtu.be/f0e0sRq3_fU

So I really think they should play more of Eternal, transposed down if nessicary for Timo.

They can keep in one or two classics and play other, old songs that are not played very often. The only thing the need is the courage to do it. I'm quite sure the audience will love the shows anyway.
So Man in the Mirror has to come :)
I definitely agree! :)
Same here

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by mocobhc » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:32 pm

And here. I really miss some setlist changes during this tour. It was great going to a number of shows and getting to hear different new songs during the Nemesis tour, and I would've expected the songs on Eternal to be even better live material..?

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:21 pm

Exactly! Eternal is full of live material.

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by mocobhc » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Heard The Lost Saga live for the first time. Holy cow, that was mindblowing :w00t: Wish this song will stay in the set for a longer time :luv3:

User avatar
Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm
Location: In the ass of the world, Argentina

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:14 pm

sheeepy, you listen these song what? let me tell you, kid.

you are bassist maybe, and if you are not lauri Porra you are close to he.

now if you jump scare, you will delete the post. :lol:

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by rikkertje » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:19 pm

mocobhc wrote:Heard The Lost Saga live for the first time. Holy cow, that was mindblowing :w00t: Wish this song will stay in the set for a longer time :luv3:
I agree! It works really well live. My Eternal Dream is also a new classic! Should definitely stay. Still waiting for Feeding The Fire and Man In The Mirror though.

InfernalMaze
Jr. Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by InfernalMaze » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am

I think it is really difficult to choose what songs to play as they simply have too many good songs to choose from and if you would ask any fan, every one would have a fully different favorite setlist. I think 4 songs from the new album was a perfect choice! My Eternal Dream is a perfect opener! Never thought I would hear the Lost Saga live. It's mindblowing! Lost Without A Trace was a joy to listen to. I wasn't convinced with the song Shine In The Dark but when I heard it live, it sounded so heavy and powerful and now I love it! Unbreakable also sounds so heavy live, love it!

PS: I just saw the news about the attack in Paris, so horrible!!! Most people died while watching a metal concert. I was in Paris two weeks ago watching Strato. So happy and fortunate we and Strato are safe and my thoughts are with the people who died there and the people who went through this horrible experience!

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Eternal Tour Setlist

Post by mocobhc » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Well said, that was such a nasty and vile attack. I'm still shocked. So many human beings lost their lives and so many people are mourning their precious ones. So dreadful :(

Post Reply