Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
rikkertje
Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:16 am

Listening the album right now and i got to say Hats off to Roberto this guy can shred

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

Agree! Also listening right now and my god it's good.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:44 am

Kmasters wrote:Listening the album right now and i got to say Hats off to Roberto this guy can shred
saw the video, amazing guitar playing for sure
A9

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:06 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Kmasters wrote:Listening the album right now and i got to say Hats off to Roberto this guy can shred
saw the video, amazing guitar playing for sure
There's way more on the album! You should give it a listen!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:46 am

Son of a bitch this album rocks. Rhapsody's got some groove in them on this album. Winter's Rain is fucking cool, that guitar riff is sick. Voice in the Cold Wind is phenomenal, channels classic Rhapsody.

Already digging this way more than Dark Wings. Fuck yeah.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:Son of a bitch this album rocks. Rhapsody's got some groove in them on this album. Winter's Rain is fucking cool, that guitar riff is sick. Voice in the Cold Wind is phenomenal, channels classic Rhapsody.

Completely agree. And I love the fact that they used a real orchestra again. The balance between the orchestra and the guitars is great. Fabio is great. Everything is great.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:Son of a bitch this album rocks. Rhapsody's got some groove in them on this album. Winter's Rain is fucking cool, that guitar riff is sick. Voice in the Cold Wind is phenomenal, channels classic Rhapsody.

Completely agree. And I love the fact that they used a real orchestra again. The balance between the orchestra and the guitars is great. Fabio is great. Everything is great.
Man, the real orchestra really adds some oomph to this album. 'In Principio' is way better than 'Vis Divina' on Dark Wings. The orchestral part of Winter's Rain is my favorite part of the album, I think. There's a Village of Dwarves & Trolls in the Dark/Dark Moor vibe to Voice in the Cold Wind, too, which in my opinion is THE sound of late 90s/early 2000s catchy power metal...

Oh and props to that low male choir part in Winter's Rain. I've grown annoyed with the stereotypical full-blown usage of choirs in power metal (see Epica, Nightwish) and this was a very pleasant surprise.

I see this one aging very well. Can't wait to get back home and blast Kiss of Life on my new speakers. That's such a weird song. It's 17 minutes and at times has all the epic grandiosity of Rhapsody but it's so stripped down and unlike anything else they've done. Yet this time, it works, unlike most of Dark Wings.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:

Man, the real orchestra really adds some oomph to this album. 'In Principio' is way better than 'Vis Divina' on Dark Wings. The orchestral part of Winter's Rain is my favorite part of the album, I think. There's a Village of Dwarves & Trolls in the Dark/Dark Moor vibe to Voice in the Cold Wind, too, which in my opinion is THE sound of late 90s/early 2000s catchy power metal...

Oh and props to that low male choir part in Winter's Rain. I've grown annoyed with the stereotypical full-blown usage of choirs in power metal (see Epica, Nightwish) and this was a very pleasant surprise.

I see this one aging very well. Can't wait to get back home and blast Kiss of Life on my new speakers. That's such a weird song. It's 17 minutes and at times has all the epic grandiosity of Rhapsody but it's so stripped down and unlike anything else they've done. Yet this time, it works, unlike most of Dark Wings.
Hitting the nail on the head!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 am

OK, I retract what I said earlier. This album is fantastic. The shreds, the drums, and the chorus really bring back the best of Rhapsody. This album should have been released after Power of the Dragon Flame. Fabio's voice is surprisingly well tuned. Did he use an aid?

Listening to the album for the third time now. :P :P

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:16 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Fabio's voice is surprisingly well tuned. Did he use an aid? :P
That's my only point of doubt as well. Of course singing in the studio is more relaxed and you can do parts over and over again. But I really wonder if he'll be able to sing Distant Sky live. I for one don't think so.

Then again, the rest of the songs are in a normal range so luckily it's not like the whole album is Fabio overachieving.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Yeah, Fabio has kind of a cavalier attitude towards taking care of his voice but I have to say it's held up very well over the years given all the smoking! I think his voice was used very well on this album although yeah Distant Sky gets way up there. I think it's best used in Kiss of Life.

Kiss of Life, by the way, wow, what a fucking great epic. Blasting this on speakers and it brought tears to my eyes. The hook totally has the vibe of Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness. Big Dragonflame vibe all over these songs.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:00 am

rikkertje wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:Fabio's voice is surprisingly well tuned. Did he use an aid? :P
That's my only point of doubt as well. Of course singing in the studio is more relaxed and you can do parts over and over again. But I really wonder if he'll be able to sing Distant Sky live. I for one don't think so.

Then again, the rest of the songs are in a normal range so luckily it's not like the whole album is Fabio overachieving.
simple things like adding reverb while help tuning the voice, there might be some polishing in those tracks, but nothing big, is not auto-tuned if thats what you wanted to ask.
A9

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 pm

adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:

simple things like adding reverb while help tuning the voice, there might be some polishing in those tracks, but nothing big, is not auto-tuned if thats what you wanted to ask.
Everyone uses auto-tune these days. Using autotune doesn't mean it's all fake and impossible to sing live.

There is a difference in using autotune like singers in metal do, and for example Britney Spears.

And I do agree on a few posts above, that Fabio's (live) voice really remained quite good. :D

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:31 am

rikkertje wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:

Everyone uses auto-tune these days. Using autotune doesn't mean it's all fake and impossible to sing live.

There is a difference in using autotune like singers in metal do, and for example Britney Spears.

And I do agree on a few posts above, that Fabio's (live) voice really remained quite good. :D
that might be true, however I find very hypocritical to say auto tune is fine in metal but bull shit in pop music...so much bashing that damn software, is ok for everybody to use it, I just think is bad for the audience that is now used to hear perfection where in reality it doesnt exist.

pd, also auto tune is a trade mark not something generic, there are many softwares to help tuning the voice, so when I say auto-tune im just referencing that specific software.
A9

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 pm

adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:

that might be true, however I find very hypocritical to say auto tune is fine in metal but bull shit in pop music
I do agree to a certain degree. The difference is that in for example metal, pitch correction software is used to fine tune a little mistake. (For example I can imagine that if Fabio sings the chorus of distant sky really good but with one mistake, that they correct the one mistake instead of having him sing it again and again).

And in pop music pitch correction is more and more used on people who cannot actually sing. Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, etc. When they sing live it is usually really bad.

So I do agree with you that we should not say "it's fine in metal but is sucks in pop music". Because it's not the genre that makes the use fine or bad, but it is the way people use it. If you use it to correct a little mistake in a recording that was very good for the biggest part: fine. If you use it to correct every single note you sing because you cannot actually sing: find another job.

OT again:

I can't wait to hear the new songs in a live setting! Hope they'll play a lot of new songs!

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:29 am

I like the orchestrals, but I honestly think that Rhapsody seems to be taking steps back from the sound they managed to land in Frozen Tears of Angels and From Chaos to Eternity. It feels like Alex stops himself short everytime they try to get that 2010 sound back.

fuck

Post by fuck » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:14 am

LOL at the extended recorder solo in a voice in the cold wind!! Felt like I was butt fucking myself with a cactus.
:lol: :lol:

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:27 pm

fuck wrote:LOL at the extended recorder solo in a voice in the cold wind!! Felt like I was butt fucking myself with a cactus.
And what about the recorder solo on Sacred Power of Raging Winds?

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:29 pm

SentineLEX wrote:I like the orchestrals, but I honestly think that Rhapsody seems to be taking steps back from the sound they managed to land in Frozen Tears of Angels and From Chaos to Eternity. It feels like Alex stops himself short everytime they try to get that 2010 sound back.
I disagree; I think ITL is actually an expansion upon the more recent Rhapsody sound. I think it's a perfect mix of Dark Wings of Steel and Frozen Tears. From Chaos... seems to be a bit of an oddity in their discography, there's a whole lot that just has nothing in common with past or future Rhapsody albums. Very strange.

I know Alex himself has said he dislikes the massive arrangements and 6 keyboards he used to mess with and that's a huge reason for the split of Rhapsody once the concept finally ended, and why the last two albums have sounded so stripped down. That said it'd be nice if he had even just one more synth for live use instead of playing strings on one and leaving the rest to backtracks.

fuck

Post by fuck » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:
fuck wrote:LOL at the extended recorder solo in a voice in the cold wind!! Felt like I was butt fucking myself with a cactus.
And what about the recorder solo on Sacred Power of Raging Winds?
I don't remember it. But I did remember this masterpiece:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:28 pm

the drummer left of rhapsody too!!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=128214 :shock:

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:00 pm

rikkertje wrote:Just heard the first single of their forthcoming album.
The video is pure shit, but the song itself gives me some classic Rhapsody vibes.

I recommend listening to it without watching the video.

http://youtu.be/__6VtmQxsg0
He could almost do like Jorn and make a Dio tribute.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:56 am

They have their new singer Giacomo Voli, he's got a great voice.
http://bravewords.com/news/rhapsody-of- ... -streaming

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Motha-faka wrote:im out for now of the music, only for fdeal, i dont will listen including stratovarius
You do what you want. As of me, i'll never again get away from music, for me, youtube is a paradise for discoveries.

As for that guy Giacomo Voli, wow, to know that he started on the Voice Italy, it is quite a big career move to be in a big band now. I can understand why he is so happy to be with them.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Giacomo sounds great. I think he's a great fit for the band. Good to see he can nail Distant Sky, too! I wonder what changes (if any) to the setlist there will be. Would be nice if they changed it up and offered some different songs from the old days.

(Also, I've always thought Giacomo was a badass name. He's the name of one of the primary antagonists in Baten Kaitos, a beautiful and fun RPG for the GameCube.)

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:57 pm

If fans want to see them for one last time, they will be doing their farewell tour with the original members.

https://www.facebook.com/rhapsodyreunio ... 43454670:0

https://www.facebook.com/rhapsodyreunion/

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 am

Liberty wrote:If fans want to see them for one last time, they will be doing their farewell tour with the original members.

Yes and no all the original members but no the keyboard player alex staropoli

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Kmasters wrote:
Liberty wrote:If fans want to see them for one last time, they will be doing their farewell tour with the original members.

Yes and no all the original members but no the keyboard player alex staropoli
the bad blood between luca and straropoli seems to be the real shit !
A9

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Looks like Mr. Staropoli is going to be busy too:

Quote:'' Regarding the music production, I am currently developing ideas for the new studio album while Roby De Micheli is constantly working on riffs and elements for guitar. We are also looking for creative ideas and stories for the next studio album. Having great new singer and drummer will be very exciting to go through this creative process.''
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=128214

But, does it matter if he won't be part of that tour ? Will it affect their ticket sales or their performance ?