StratoUnited

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Motha-faka
Re: StratoUnited

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 am

Pancio hate timo tolkki, Pacio hate Italy and Italians, Pancio hate bunnies? :cry:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:39 am

Pancio wrote:Replying to Zenith: Square-built solos means, in my mind, a very static fingering pattern in playing scales which leads Tolkki in playing basically up and down scales in the same neck positions.
Thank you for your explanation, Pancio. I agree, his solos did contain a lot of that during fast sections, particularly from Infinite through Elements albums.

About the whole "soul" argument, I just don't really understand what that means. Soul seems to be a very malleable term that differs from person to person. I have seen multiple people attribute it to Tolkki's playing and omit it from Matias' playing. Very perplexing. Perhaps it's because those fans feel nostalgic for the Tolkki era.

Matias and Tolkki have both written solos that I consider emotionally captivating. I could say the same about their songs, as well.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I find the last two Symphony X albums to be completely bland and unoriginal. Just skating by with their technical jobs and production.
So far, I really like Symphony X, but I haven't yet listened to their two latest albums. Their earlier works remind me heavily of a progressive metal answer to Kansas' progressive rock.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Pancio wrote:Replying to Zenith: Square-built solos means, in my mind, a very static fingering pattern in playing scales which leads Tolkki in playing basically up and down scales in the same neck positions.
this is true, timo tolkki is very simple
ZenithMC wrote:About the whole "soul" argument, I just don't really understand what that means. Soul seems to be a very malleable term that differs from person to person. I have seen multiple people attribute it to Tolkki's playing and omit it from Matias' playing. Very perplexing. Perhaps it's because those fans feel nostalgic for the Tolkki era.
the big difference is in the songs, for that i think that jorg Michael left of stratovarius, why the songs of the new stratovarius are more cold that the tolkki songs.
ZenithMC wrote:Matias and Tolkki have both written solos that I consider emotionally captivating. I could say the same about their songs, as well.
I actually find one song that can touch the tolkki ass and is "Deep Unknow" about feeling speaking, all the others have a very high skill in guitar but is more cold in feelings

the same happen with rolf and jorg Michael, stratovarius says the have the same hit, but in the records both sound differents

about matias and tolkki:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2F5Oa6jvHcY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2F5Oa6jvHcY?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGJV6cJkFcc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UGJV6cJkFcc?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

or

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r81qJg_Ss9I?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r81qJg_Ss9I?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GsEHu-wxEyU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GsEHu-wxEyU?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

in the speed metal you cant find the feeling difference why matias is very good playing speed metal, the huge problem comes in the ballads, but timo tolkki need more vocalist that actual stratovarius

about ballads

Matias not wrote a lot ballads, i cant compare tolkki with kupiainen why he only have 1 ballads in co write with kotipelto

I can compare porra - tolkki in ballads or johansson with tolkki.

the best song of Matias is Elysium for much but including Elysium not that the heavy passion that tolkki put in his songs

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikDS1TBAElo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ikDS1TBAElo?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYLfYLwdjzI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYLfYLwdjzI?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

about ballads again.... wtf... i dunno somehow precious?

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:27 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Pancio wrote:Tolkki was actually a good player in it's prime but, after Dreamspace, he decided to concentrate on alternate picking only.
Then yes, there are examples of Tolkki playing outside and/or chromatic (I walk to my own song), but later he started going downhill with pentatonic and "emotional" boring solos.
I love his solos like Mother Gaia, Destiny, Season of Faith's Perfection, Years Go By, When the Night Meets the Day, Anthem of the World. I don't agree that all of his solos were alternate picking / shredding, though yes- many were. I believe as a composer he has an incredible ear for melody.

I love everything until Elements Pt.1 and Stratovarius is my favourite band still, but i can admit there were/are better players and better composers.
Symphony X came later, for example, but Michael Romeo is far beyond Tolkki as a player and composer.
I find the last two Symphony X albums to be completely bland and unoriginal. Just skating by with their technical jobs and production. Symphony X in their heyday released two great albums- Divine Wings, and V. Also Twilight in Olympus and the Damnation Game. But I believe the golden era of Stratovarius (4thD/Episode through Elements Pt 1) does hold its own against Symphony X's best.

Yes, Mike Romeo is a more technical player than Tolkki- but I remember more of Tolkki's solos and melodies.
Preaching to the choir!! I believe these guys have their own abilities where they shine brighter than others. Some people can do more with less technicality, some get lost in it all. It’s important to remember people have their strengths and weaknesses, but modern production can mask it, also. Opinions, opinions. It doesn’t have to be so long and complicated and we could move on to other subjects. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:46 am

Motha-faka wrote:the big difference is in the songs, for that i think that jorg Michael left of stratovarius, why the songs of the new stratovarius are more cold that the tolkki songs.
Polaris and Elysium both have a progressive metal flair that is not present in most Tolkki era compositions, which increases their complexity. I think that the extra complexity is additive to my enjoyment of those albums, but others may prefer a simpler approach.
Motha-faka wrote:Matias not wrote a lot ballads, i cant compare tolkki with kupiainen why he only have 1 ballads in co write with kotipelto
That's an interesting point. The one pure Matias ballad I can think of is Fairness Justified. Matias doesn't often write ballads. I attribute this mostly to the fact that the other Strato members will end up writing the ballad(s). Tolkki wrote some very good ballads during his Stratovarius tenure.
Motha-faka wrote:the best song of Matias is Elysium for much but including Elysium not that the heavy passion that tolkki put in his songs
Elysium (the song) is also my favorite Matias song. I disagree with the "no passion" part, though (I'm not really sure if I interpreted that right). Part 3 of Elysium is absolutely gorgeous, and it actually managed to make me tear up. Songs don't normally ever do that to me.

Two other songs have managed to make me tear up. First and foremost, The Misery by Sonata Arctica, and to a lesser extent, Tears of Ice. Just thinking about the first few notes of The Misery makes my eyes water, but be forewarned, I may be biased in that I first listened to that song during some hardships in my life.

Part 3 of Elysium sounds very triumphant, whereas The Misery and Tears of Ice are poignant and sombre. It was emotional in an uplifting way, in contrast to the latter two.

P.S. I hope I didn't misinterpret what you said. I had a bit of trouble comprehending some of your sentences.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 am

ZenithMC wrote: So far, I really like Symphony X, but I haven't yet listened to their two latest albums. Their earlier works remind me heavily of a progressive metal answer to Kansas' progressive rock.
They are great! Enjoy it.

But remember your homework from earlier:
Dream Theater- Images and Words

It's an absolute classic and masterpiece.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:48 pm

we miss to Pancio and his timo tolkkies kicks.

PANCIO!! WE LOVES YA!! COME TO KICK TO TOLKKI!! :D

PANCIO (CAT) TIMO TOLKKI (DOG)

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:52 am

Pancio wrote:(warm and cold playing is bullshit since it's a completely subjective thing)
Do you mean being warmed up over years of touring with Strato vs. now where he sits in his house and doesn't do that, or is this an actual concept? I tried to look it up and all the search results were about sex.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Pancio wrote:(warm and cold playing is bullshit since it's a completely subjective thing)
Do you mean being warmed up over years of touring with Strato vs. now where he sits in his house and doesn't do that, or is this an actual concept? I tried to look it up and all the search results were about sex.
I believe he is referring to people describing "soulful" playing, where "warm" means "soulful" and "cold" means "soulless".

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Dear god.... we need talk in spanish... si si si!! :D

play with heart! soul or warm!!

in the conservatory is "Feeling"!

Stratovarius will play in argentina this month... only remember this, stratofans, they need more spanish... :D

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 am

Si. Si nachos en tacos. Negro Zapatos la negro erection hermosa.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 am

robocop wrote:Si. Si nachos en tacos. Negro Zapatos la negro erection hermosa.
PFFFF!!!! Negro ereccion hermosa? :shock:

I think that you said about this nigga erection wonderful...
:shock:

robo, i'm innocent like this girl... :D

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Can somebody ban this faggot again?

Arnold Layne

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:Can somebody ban this faggot again?

Arnold Layne
who, Robocop?

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Holy shit, I love it. :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:48 am

Arnold Layne wrote:Can somebody ban this faggot again?

Arnold Layne

sorry, Arnold layne, i'm not faggot.

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 pm

If not, then who is the faggot we need to ban?

Arnold Layne

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:41 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:If not, then who is the faggot we need to ban?

Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne... you see? you are homophobe with the poor robo :x :x

Jens and me cant tolerate this, poor robo...

but you know? you arent very male why you have a huge corporal volume of body, fat people can be faggot too... you know? :x

poor robo.... POOR ROBO!! :cry: :cry:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 pm

We are all homo erotic on the inside. We evolved from tadpoles from a meteor from Planet X where aliens live. Flavio on the other hand evolved from curious George, the famous monkey.