Coffee

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
robocop
Coffee

Post by robocop » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:24 am

Hello. I’m curious how people like their coffee here. Grinding fresh beans and using a french press was one of my favorite things. Now I’ve devolved into just drip coffee using the brand 8 o’clock medium(?) ground, medium roast. Dark roast is also good. Drinking it black usually gets me going. Maybe add a little milk or stevia if I’m feeling fancy. Dunkin is right near my house and I’m tweaking on it 24/7. :lol: Cold brew can be good, especially if you make it yourself. The other types of ways I’ve tried is pour over, and I’d like to get a Moka pot.

Some related videos:

Coffee time in English:
https://youtu.be/oWuyrlXI7nA

Dunkin’ Donuts fire news story from my town, LOL. At least one of these people are “special.”

https://youtu.be/Q1IXyujNbVE

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Coffee

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:29 am

why do you want input on us degenerates?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:14 am

Personally, french press.

When I am in a hurry, I just grab a mug full of milk, put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes, and add instant coffee (taster's choice) and a couple of spoons of sugar. Even better, replace the sugar with chocolate syrup. With that, you have both the caffeine and sweet kick. A little bit of semen around the rim is also good.

I'm not a fan of Keurig, BUT, I tried Nuts & Bolts k-cup and it was really smooth.

Costa Rican coffee is one of my favorites, but the best damn coffee I ever had was in an Ethiopian restaurant.

:)

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:38 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:why do you want input on us degenerates?
I love you!!! That’s why. :oops:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:43 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Personally, french press.

When I am in a hurry, I just grab a mug full of milk, put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes, and add instant coffee (taster's choice) and a couple of spoons of sugar. Even better, replace the sugar with chocolate syrup. With that, you have both the caffeine and sweet kick. A little bit of semen around the rim is also good.

I'm not a fan of Keurig, BUT, I tried Nuts & Bolts k-cup and it was really smooth.

Costa Rican coffee is one of my favorites, but the best damn coffee I ever had was in an Ethiopian restaurant.

Damn. Thanks for the recommendations. Keurig is the worst and most bitter. They say to put a pinch of salt in it to calm down the bitterness. Costa Rican beans were one I have tried before, organic I believe, of the store brand Weis. Sadly, there are no Ethiopian places around my redneck ass town, lol. We should all go for coffee. :lol: Also, chocolate syrup and semen, bro. Lmao. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm

My former boss would put butter in her espresso. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:55 pm

Fuck, Hahahaha. Isn’t there something called bullet proof coffee using grass fed butter???

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Not sure lol, but there's all sorts of weird ass blends these days. Apparently the butter neutralizes the acidity of the coffee. Personally I find that offensive to coffee. I drink black coffee almost daily, but I don't mind a non-sweet latte once in a while.

Speaking of sweets, have you tried Vietnamese coffee? That shit is the bomb. Iced is the way to go here.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:59 am

Nope! Never tried any coffee like that. I enjoy it black also. When you need a kick up your ass after not sleeping well it works pretty good. :twisted: A pinch of salt also helps with bitterness but I’m not sure about acidity, must have typed that above. For all the times buying dunkin I never tried lattes! I’m a newb. Closest thing was espresso shots in medium roast black that I ever tried. It’s almost 4 AM here, time for some 8 o’clock with breast milk creamer. :lol: Jk, no woman would go near me. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:05 pm

I like espressos, but I don't know if I like them enough to buy an espresso machine. The good ones are around $200.

Yeah, the main point of coffee is to wake up. I never understood decaf drinkers. Might as well get some tea or herb in that case.

lmao 4am what the hell are you watching a 2hr JAV? :lol: I can barely stay awake past 11.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 am

Doctor told me to go decaf. I have tried it. Blah blah blah. To stop coffee all together. Lol!! Never. He said 8 cups is too much. It’s over the recommended daily limit. I was up that early and went to bed way early for 4 Am, no Jack off sessions lmao. Adjusting sleep schedules , it rotates for me sometimes all night for months other times regular hours. I watch dogs and it tires me out. I have a friend who swears that coffee puts him to sleep. :lol: All he does is boast about energy drinks making him go to bed. It’s more like the caffeine and sugar crash than anything. Diabeetus. :crazy1: Dunkin coffee brand they sell in grocery stores has got to be the worst shit ever. The k cups were so bad and so was the ground. They have the flavored vanilla ground sold in their store that masked the taste a bit. It still is low tier I’d say like as bad as generic store brand and lower. Not all are created equal in that aspect except most ones I’ve tried are so bitter I just dump out the whole fucking pot, lol. There is a news article somewhere saying all ground has cockroaches and bugs ground up from the way they store it and can’t keep it completely bug free. That’s why you buy the beans and grind them yourself. Some go as far to roast beans themself. Cheers, I need a beer. Instead it’ll be water and a coffee enema.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 pm

robocop wrote: Grinding fresh beans and using a french press was one of my favorite things.
that is how God intended, my favorite brand in the whole world is

https://www.juanvaldezcafe.com/es-co/

I understand that it might be ultra-expensive in Europe, is already expensive (but not that much) here.

for cheap coffee, I can go with some cheap-ass Nescafe (but not those super sugary ones like chocolatine whatever)

Starbucks has gotten better in recent years I must say, but I skip those fuckers most of the time.
A9

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:04 pm

adrian9 wrote:
robocop wrote: Grinding fresh beans and using a french press was one of my favorite things.
that is how God intended, my favorite brand in the whole world is

https://www.juanvaldezcafe.com/es-co/

I understand that it might be ultra-expensive in Europe, is already expensive (but not that much) here.

for cheap coffee, I can go with some cheap-ass Nescafe (but not those super sugary ones like chocolatine whatever)

Starbucks has gotten better in recent years I must say, but I skip those fuckers most of the time.
Very nice. :D I am in the US and am checking out the Juan Valdez site. https://www.juanvaldezcafestore.com/ Good that I can order it online. A bit pricy for me but I can just charge it on my Apple Card. I’m a bit overloaded right now with bags of coffee because the grocery store had a special buy 2 get 2 free. Seems like the store itself Juan Valdez is in NYC that’s closest to me. Couple hour drive, I can make it, lol.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:27 am

I actually don't drink coffee anymore. I went way overboard last year and had a total breakdown. Not even joking.

However, I will add several things to this thread:

1. Keurig cups taste like ass. However, Nespresso capsules are actually decent.

2. Buying fresh beans and grinding them is the way to go. Even if you like the consistency of drip coffee, just make espresso and add hot water.

3. Semen around the rim made me literally laugh out loud. So did the idea of adding breast milk. Those should be options at Starbucks.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:36 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I went way overboard last year and had a total breakdown. Not even joking.
That happened to me a few years ago. I think I had 4 large cups of (strong) coffee throughout the day, and at the end of the day I felt I was having a stroke. That was legit scary.

I limit my coffee input to mornings only. If I need an extra push in the afternoon I just get a Snickers bar or something like that. :wink:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:50 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I went way overboard last year and had a total breakdown. Not even joking.
That happened to me a few years ago. I think I had 4 large cups of (strong) coffee throughout the day, and at the end of the day I felt I was having a stroke. That was legit scary.

I limit my coffee input to mornings only. If I need an extra push in the afternoon I just get a Snickers bar or something like that. :wink:
It was almost exactly one year ago...I was very jittery and had heart palpitations brought on by the nasty habit of drinking a small pot of coffee a day and sometimes sodas as well. It helped me deal with the very stressful job I had at the time.

I decided to quit cold turkey, which set off a chain of events that culminated in being taken to the ER at 2AM for what I perceived to be a heart attack (it was just a panic attack).

I spent the next month sobbing in bed :lol:, and actually didn't start feeling normal again for another six months. I'm happy to report that life is much better now!

These days, I try to avoid all stimulants like coffee, sugar, etc. Yes, these things give you a little high but you pay it back later with interest.

I'm actually a big fan of Kava. Liver failure be damned. Its this root that I mix up into a drink, per the Fijian tradition. All the euphoric affects of being buzzed on alcohol, but very calming- no hangovers and no calories.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:26 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

It was almost exactly one year ago...I was very jittery and had heart palpitations brought on by the nasty habit of drinking a small pot of coffee a day and sometimes sodas as well. It helped me deal with the very stressful job I had at the time.

I decided to quit cold turkey, which set off a chain of events that culminated in being taken to the ER at 2AM for what I perceived to be a heart attack (it was just a panic attack).

I spent the next month sobbing in bed :lol:, and actually didn't start feeling normal again for another six months. I'm happy to report that life is much better now!

These days, I try to avoid all stimulants like coffee, sugar, etc. Yes, these things give you a little high but you pay it back later with interest.

I'm actually a big fan of Kava. Liver failure be damned. Its this root that I mix up into a drink, per the Fijian tradition. All the euphoric affects of being buzzed on alcohol, but very calming- no hangovers and no calories.
Damn!! Also, where do you buy your Kava from?!? That was one of the things listed as alternatives to alcohol. Kratom was one, what else? Meth.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:09 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I spent the next month sobbing in bed :lol:, and actually didn't start feeling normal again for another six months.
That sounds horrible! :shock:

I don't drink coffee. I remember that I had a cup when I was a child, but I haven't had any since then. I used to drink tea, but then it exacerbated my tinnitus, so I stopped.

I've had soda maybe once or twice in my life. Back when I was very young, I belched with my mouth closed and the ensuing burning sensation in my nose was terrible. As a result, I never had a soda since then.

I only drink water and milk these days, and very occasionally, alcoholic beverages.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:25 am

robocop wrote: Damn!! Also, where do you buy your Kava from?!? That was one of the things listed as alternatives to alcohol. Kratom was one, what else? Meth.
Yeah, it was rough. And when I say I was sobbing in bed for nearly a month, i'm not exaggerating by much. I was a blubbering, dysfunctional mess.

I don't actually recommend Kratom (despite knowing little about it) because I think its more of an open question if its safe or not. I have heard there are withdrawal symptoms associated with it.

But Kava I can recommend. However, a trusted supplier is essential for a variety of reasons I recommend you read into on your own time. The supplier I wholeheartedly recommend is Kalm with Kava. You can order their products online or from Amazon.

Micronized Kava is an easy way to start. You just stir it into warm water and drink it right up. I like to drink about 1-2 teaspoons worth at a time, and then have another glass every 20 minutes or so. Usually drinking it all at once isn't as effective.

If you prefer to go for the medium grind kava, you have to buy an Aluball on Amazon (something like a protein shaker on Amazon that helps "marinade" the water with the kava without actually getting the root into it). More of a hassle but somewhat cheaper.

Kava is really amazing for anxiety, sleep, or even putting you in a social mood. There are various strains that have different properties. Loa Waka is a balanced Kava that I usually go for. Borongoru is one that really knocks your ass right to sleep. Pouni Ono is a "daytime" kava that makes you more talkative. Let me know if you have any questions.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 am

ZenithMC wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I spent the next month sobbing in bed :lol:, and actually didn't start feeling normal again for another six months.
That sounds horrible! :shock:

I don't drink coffee. I remember that I had a cup when I was a child, but I haven't had any since then. I used to drink tea, but then it exacerbated my tinnitus, so I stopped.

I've had soda maybe once or twice in my life. Back when I was very young, I belched with my mouth closed and the ensuing burning sensation in my nose was terrible. As a result, I never had a soda since then.

I only drink water and milk these days, and very occasionally, alcoholic beverages.
You're probably better off for it, believe me! I do fondly remember the feeling of getting "high" on caffeine in the morning. This warm feeling of focus and productivity. Seemed to make whatever I was doing at the time interesting and fun. But after an hour or two it wears off and the afternoon slump is a real pain.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Well damn dude glad you're feeling better now. The sensation is a lot like you're about to faint. I don't recommend it to anyone.

I guess I should throw out my box of pop tarts, cheez its, oreos, and grocery store lemonade :oops:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:16 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
robocop wrote: Damn!! Also, where do you buy your Kava from?!? That was one of the things listed as alternatives to alcohol. Kratom was one, what else? Meth.
Yeah, it was rough. And when I say I was sobbing in bed for nearly a month, i'm not exaggerating by much. I was a blubbering, dysfunctional mess.

I don't actually recommend Kratom (despite knowing little about it) because I think its more of an open question if its safe or not. I have heard there are withdrawal symptoms associated with it.

But Kava I can recommend. However, a trusted supplier is essential for a variety of reasons I recommend you read into on your own time. The supplier I wholeheartedly recommend is Kalm with Kava. You can order their products online or from Amazon.

Micronized Kava is an easy way to start. You just stir it into warm water and drink it right up. I like to drink about 1-2 teaspoons worth at a time, and then have another glass every 20 minutes or so. Usually drinking it all at once isn't as effective.

If you prefer to go for the medium grind kava, you have to buy an Aluball on Amazon (something like a protein shaker on Amazon that helps "marinade" the water with the kava without actually getting the root into it). More of a hassle but somewhat cheaper.

Kava is really amazing for anxiety, sleep, or even putting you in a social mood. There are various strains that have different properties. Loa Waka is a balanced Kava that I usually go for. Borongoru is one that really knocks your ass right to sleep. Pouni Ono is a "daytime" kava that makes you more talkative. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the info!! It’s a little out of my poor ass price range. I did always want to try it.
My story of the mental breakdown is a bit more complicated but here are the highlights: I thought I was taking a plane to Sweden and walked to an airport.(this is a tiny airport not an international one, lol) I thought celebrities were talking to me over a satellite that played messages in my brain, lol. (Heard voices) The maybe biggest one especially for this forum to say is I thought I was going to drum for strato :lol: and thought they communicated with me like in that movie , “they live” with ads and such. Yes, was originally a drummer, fat ass drummer, lol. There’s more. I’ll stop there though but basically I never had things happen like that to me mentally before. I lived a normal life before. :lol: Hell of a thing the brain is. Couple months in and out of the psych ward and injections of medicine I’m good as new. :D We are glad you are ok now, Mr AAAAAAAAAA. Life is nuts, strato forum is forever. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 pm

robocop wrote: Thanks for the info!! It’s a little out of my poor ass price range. I did always want to try it.
It is expensive, but keep in mind its quite potent. $40 worth of Kava will get you like 8-12 sessions. Cheaper than going to a bar.

My story of the mental breakdown is a bit more complicated but here are the highlights: I thought I was taking a plane to Sweden and walked to an airport.(this is a tiny airport not an international one, lol) I thought celebrities were talking to me over a satellite that played messages in my brain, lol. (Heard voices) The maybe biggest one especially for this forum to say is I thought I was going to drum for strato :lol:
That does sound like a wild ride!!!! What do you think got you into that state of mind? Was it drug and alcohol abuse? Were there other factors? I'm actually very glad to hear that you bounced back from that. It sounds really terrifying.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Well damn dude glad you're feeling better now. The sensation is a lot like you're about to faint. I don't recommend it to anyone.

I guess I should throw out my box of pop tarts, cheez its, oreos, and grocery store lemonade :oops:
One of my main vices is those 7-11 Taquitos. God damn they're good!!!!!

Yeah, I think moderation is the key to everything. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: That does sound like a wild ride!!!! What do you think got you into that state of mind? Was it drug and alcohol abuse? Were there other factors? I'm actually very glad to hear that you bounced back from that. It sounds really terrifying.
Hard to say. Hypothyroidism causes it sometimes (have it) even vitamin deficiencies, I was on a strict diet and lost tons of weight at the time. Could be genetic, delusions and all. Not that my parents are schizophrenic. But that is what they diagnosed me as, in that spectrum. Alcohol over a decade of use could have turned something loose. It was not constant, but the times I did it I went hard. No other drugs, well, I have smoked weed before but not regularly. It took a long while to snap out of it all and put the pieces together. What is true and what isn’t. That was in 2013 and it all culminated from 2 years before having problems here and there. :bigok:
Cops were at my house a bunch of times, they had to wheel me out Into an ambulance. They did the 302 mental health warrant - danger to yourself or others.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:31 am

robocop wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote: That does sound like a wild ride!!!! What do you think got you into that state of mind? Was it drug and alcohol abuse? Were there other factors? I'm actually very glad to hear that you bounced back from that. It sounds really terrifying.
Hard to say. Hypothyroidism causes it sometimes (have it) even vitamin deficiencies, I was on a strict diet and lost tons of weight at the time. Could be genetic, delusions and all. Not that my parents are schizophrenic. But that is what they diagnosed me as, in that spectrum. Alcohol over a decade of use could have turned something loose. It was not constant, but the times I did it I went hard. No other drugs, well, I have smoked weed before but not regularly. It took a long while to snap out of it all and put the pieces together. What is true and what isn’t. That was in 2013 and it all culminated from 2 years before having problems here and there. :bigok:
Cops were at my house a bunch of times, they had to wheel me out Into an ambulance. They did the 302 mental health warrant - danger to yourself or others.
Thanks for sharing bro. It sounds like you went through a lot of hardship. :shock:

2013 is a long time ago so glad you're on solid ground now. If you're ever having a tough time, know you can always send me a PM and reach out to me. I don't have any magic cures but I am damn good listener if I do say so myself.

Its incredible how quickly time has gone by. Feels like it was just yesterday when the Stratovarius black album came out. I've been on this forum for a decade, and probably lurking another 5 years before that!

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:55 am

Hell yeah. We are all along for the ride until Jens shuts us down. :lol: With the kava, that does make sense with the price. It’s been a long time since having a whole night out and blowing money. 40 bucks for kava is not even half of what I’d spend drinking, buying drinks for people, going out to eat after. I do have liver damage so kava might fuck me up.
:lol: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:30 am

What the fuck is Kava and what does it do to my penis?

Chamomile after 9pm is a blessing, especially after a nice hot shower.

Robo, glad you're doing alright too. Mental problems are invisible to people but they are very real. Just gotta know whom to reach out. :wink:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:What the fuck is Kava and what does it do to my penis?

Chamomile after 9pm is a blessing, especially after a nice hot shower.

Robo, glad you're doing alright too. Mental problems are invisible to people but they are very real. Just gotta know whom to reach out. :wink:
LMAO

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:42 pm

robocop wrote:Hell yeah. We are all along for the ride until Jens shuts us down.
No plans like that, glad you're all still here hanging out!

But, if something happens to the forum the next few days (weird error message, nothing works or whatever) just know it's not something intentional.

Dreamhost are by and by removing support for some old version of PHP and due to it changing on some machines or instances or subdomains (somehow) this has already wreaked havoc with the main site. I have no idea how the code here will react to PHP7 instead of PHP5 (or whatever it was). But even if the shit is broken for a few days rest assured that there is no sinister plan to shut this place down :luv3: