New Sonata Arctica Single

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
robocop
Re: New Sonata Arctica Single

Post by robocop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 pm

You guys wrote a fucking novel. :lol: I tried listening to their new album before and the only thing I took away from it was they seem to use different scales on the one song. Other than the lackluster production, it’s not something I plan on listening to again. Honestly, I’m either all in on an album or don’t give a shit. Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 am

robocop wrote:You guys wrote a fucking novel. :lol:
The novel's not over just yet. :lol: I need more time to compose my thoughts, first. The age debate, though, I believe has resulted in a stalemate.
robocop wrote:Honestly, I’m either all in on an album or don’t give a shit.
I feel the same way. I know a lot of other people who say that albums "grow on them", but, for me, it doesn't work that way. It's either great on the first listen or it's not.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm

robocop wrote:Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.
Well, if SA keeps making crappy music in the future, then yes this album will sound nice.

I just want them to continue where they left off @ Reckoning Night. Is that too much to ask? :cry:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
robocop wrote:Maybe ten years later listen to it again and see how bad or good it sounds to your ears.
Well, if SA keeps making crappy music in the future, then yes this album will sound nice.

I just want them to continue where they left off @ Reckoning Night. Is that too much to ask? :cry:
Don’t live in the past!! There’s a hundred other Finnish bands making awesome music. :wink:

Sometimes my ears change when I listen to a decade old album, I notice little things. For better or for worse. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
robocop wrote:You guys wrote a fucking novel. :lol:
The novel's not over just yet. :lol: I need more time to compose my thoughts, first. The age debate, though, I believe has resulted in a stalemate.
robocop wrote:Honestly, I’m either all in on an album or don’t give a shit.
I feel the same way. I know a lot of other people who say that albums "grow on them", but, for me, it doesn't work that way. It's either great on the first listen or it's not.
Wait till you’re 40 chugging beers with a family full of kids and then see if you appreciate an old album. :lol: That’s not me. Life changes and so does your ears. That’s all I mean. :P

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:42 pm

robocop wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

Don’t live in the past!! There’s a hundred other Finnish bands making awesome music. :wink:

Sometimes my ears change when I listen to a decade old album, I notice little things. For better or for worse. :lol:
I sound like an entitled bitch when I say this, but I patiently wait 3-4 years for one of my favorite bands to release an album. If the album is shitty, I feel like those 4 years just went down the drain for nothing.

I don't care too much about the quality of the melodies so long as they are consistent to the earlier album(s). If it is not consistent, then it better be a good album.

Just consider Infinite. It was way different from Visions, but it was still joyful to listen to.

I will give Talviyo another try in the future like you recommended.

:)

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm

I know what you mean. Most of the time newer stuff isn’t any good to my ears. Sometimes I’m tired of power metal and listen to whatever else. Not even metal. That’s just the classic genre that was my favorite. Another thing is just put the album on quiet so you have something playing in the background, not even paying attention what it is. :lol: That’s one way of listening to it while you do other stuff. Just as background noise and you won’t have an impression of it. With old albums that had a bad reputation sometimes you even avoid the album. So that’s a problem if you want to give something a chance.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 am

My background noise tends to be that kid on the mic while playing COD yelling and calling me a faggot. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm

I like wearing call of doodie shirts and chugging Mountain Dew and eating Doritos while listening to “Victoria’s Secret.”