Is Dreamspace weird?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Motha-faka
Re: Is Dreamspace weird?

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Sports and diet? PFFFFFFFF!!!

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:20 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm
Damn, thats not good, sports might help, but the real problem is clearly the diet.
:lol:
It can be a lot of things. First one I know of is being on psychiatric meds, one of the worst side effects is gaining tons of weight.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Dreamspace is not weird, is bipolar :shock:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 pm

Just look at your posts from now to all the way back when you’d spam your midi file covers and wonder who is more bipolar. :lol:

Mental illness is not a fucking competition, that was a joke, lol.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:13 am

Sorry robo, is not my fault have "bad mates" of band in my past, i had a bad past and i lost the heavens for this :lol:

BUT ROBO.... YOU ARE AMERICAN... I MEAN, NORTH AMERICAN....... YOUR COUNTRY IS BIPOLAR...... HELP AND ATTACK IN THE SAME TIME, LIKE TIMO TOLKKI..... :shock:

YOU HAVE IT, for be a bad kid :D :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:16 am

Let’s keep the retardation out of it and focus on how much you used to spam your music. :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 am

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:35 am

Flavio - Black diamond (1994 midi version)
Featuring;
Nea: kazoo
Pancio: promotion and water boy
Bongos and tambourine: browneyedgirl
Banjo: jari brehm
Zenith: merch guy/also sells bibles signed by joe biden behind the bands back
Icecab: producer and assistant to kotipelto

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:41 am

This forum has damaged my neural structure.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 pm

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:41 am
This forum has damaged my neural structure.

Hahahhahaha. Too much crack cocaine. Typical day.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 am

Dreamspace is not weird, is gay :shock:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Shifting gears back to Tolkki.
It is sad and kind of pathetic nobody helped him out, now it’s just spam of sausage pics, alcohol and soda, whatever. Get that straightened out before even moving forward with new music projects. It will only improve everything. Who really knows what else is going on?!? All I know is that Czech gossip site is nuts, lol. Not my business but it pains me to see anybody suffering like that. Got to pick my battles, I’m not even in shape. If there was more awareness of the damage you do to your body being careless we’d be in a better place!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:23 pm

all the help its inside of timo tolkki, if he dont want take his medicine, is his fault. is a old man, not a child

he need go to the analyst and take his medicine, is his responsability, if he dont care about his person, others cant do much :cry:

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:43 pm

It’s fucking devastating. Does he get his health checked? Cholesterol, blood tests, blood pressure, etc?? Being overweight myself I know very much how it destroys your health first hand!! I know everybody says they tried to help. Don’t give up now because that’s probably the last grain of hope he has. And saying it’s his fault and he’s old is not even realistic. He’s ill. It is not something you do voluntary.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:51 pm

TERO TOLKKI (his bROTHER), HIS WIFE AND HIS daughter try to help him but he ignore them, this is the reallity

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Ok. :lol: I GIVE UP. Don’t know what to do, I’m not his friend or family. Sorry everybody.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Oh you're too kind for me, I will post a dick-pic o mine but I want it to be photoshopped on Tolkki's neck.
He deserve a bigger schlong.

Back on topic: Tolkki refused help by Tero and Nina.
Tero gave him his house between the two flight to Mexico and Nina helped Timo at her best.
But 1st: Timo decided his own divergent path 2nd: Nina is psycho or weird herself (I say it without a derogatory way) 3rd: Tero have had a car accident so cannot help 4th: Timo is basically homeless and with a debts he wont be able to pay (6000 euros).

The situation is pretty complicated and nobody can help Tolkki, at the very moment, aside from Tolkki himself.
And it seems that he actually created a lot of this weird situation on purpose.
So don't be afraid, he will be out of this with some scars but it's his own decision.
Will the sun rise tomorrow? Will it light up his sky? Surely yes. But his professional career is done.
And he is trying to chase his past, faking deal with Nuclear Blast and telling he can write a song in 10 minutes (well, for the shitty quality of his last efforts 10 minutes it's enough, I can take bigger shits in half that time)

Give him a year and everything will be "ok", no doubt.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 am

Pancio wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:53 pm
And he is trying to chase his past, faking deal with Nuclear Blast and telling he can write a song in 10 minutes (well, for the shitty quality of his last efforts 10 minutes it's enough, I can take bigger shits in half that time)

Do you believe his story about an album with Mike Vescera and upcoming tour? To be fair, it is not that hard to believe.

About writing a song in ten minutes, its a bit of an exaggeration but I do believe he probably writes a song in a couple hours. If all you're doing is recycling riffs and melodies, I suppose that is enough time.

His breakfasts are enormous! He does need to get it together. ???

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:32 am

i DUNNO, TIMO TOLKKI AFTER STRATOVARIUS HAD GOOD ALBUMS, REVOLUTION RENAISSENSE, ERA OF AQUARIOUS, IN PARADISUM....

i forgot ther caps :shock:

is sad that he ends his life half crazy, he have a lot talent,but really he is one idiot, for that i'm decepcionated, he have all in his hand and fuck it out.

and the dauther is crazy too? how you know this, Pancio? :cry:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:02 am

Pancio wrote:
Nina.
I’d date her, call her the next morning, propose to her in the same week, devote my life to pleasing her, all over skype.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:08 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 am
Pancio wrote:

Do you believe his story about an album with Mike Vescera and upcoming tour? To be fair, it is not that hard to believe.

About writing a song in ten minutes, its a bit of an exaggeration but I do believe he probably writes a song in a couple hours. If all you're doing is recycling riffs and melodies, I suppose that is enough time.

His breakfasts are enormous! He does need to get it together. ???
Well, maybe it will happen but he stated that the album would have hit the store in march, then June and now the release date is August.
He changed manager and management at least three time in a couple of weeks and he changed even tour locations.
The album and pre-production is on the go but I doubt it will be ready in a short time (even the involved musicians didn't know about the album) and it's a sort of "demo project" to be sold to the best offerer (remember his statement about this small label who decided to publish the album? Well, it's gone).
So nothing more than the so-called Project Credo without crowd founding.

Yep, a couple of hours are enough to take melodies and riffs from his past: in fact I believe that Infinite Vision will be a recycled album to celebrate Infinite 20th anniversary.
Prepare for the same progression over and over with key change at the end.

Ahahah, yes, when I was in Finland that was my breakfast as well (without the shitty yogurt) but waaay more meat (meatballs, bratwurst, ham and so on).
For my girlfriend was weird as fuck since in Italy we usually have espresso or cappuccino with orange juice and a pastry.

Motha-faka wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:32 am
i DUNNO, TIMO TOLKKI AFTER STRATOVARIUS HAD GOOD ALBUMS, REVOLUTION RENAISSENSE, ERA OF AQUARIOUS, IN PARADISUM....

i forgot ther caps :shock:

is sad that he ends his life half crazy, he have a lot talent,but really he is one idiot, for that i'm decepcionated, he have all in his hand and fuck it out.

and the dauther is crazy too? how you know this, Pancio? :cry:
Well, yes, keep in mind that a lot of stuff on second and third RR albums is written by Monsanto and Agra and played by Santtu Lehtiniemi, the first album was originally a Stratovarius album full of recicled riff and melodies.
But I agree, RR was acceptable.
Symfonia was close to Stratovarius but it's unoriginal and I can't stand Matos (RIP) voice at all, too stretched on that album.
Avalon I was decent, II was horrible (cool riff from Neon Siren and a very good Simone Simmons, tho) and III not too distant from horrible.
Allen/Lande was way better but derivative in some parts and almost plagiarized in songs like Lady of Winter (Edge of Thorns).
Tolkki lost the flame long time ago, I believe, but some music is still enjoyable.

About Nina: well, she is and was very depressed 'cause of her father, the problems between her mother and Timo, between her and Dominika and stuff. A lot of personal problems but I don't think she suffer from bipolar disorder, she is too much empathetic and sensitive.
I know since we were friends on Facebook, some times ago, and there are a lot of gossip going on.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:54 am

Pancio wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:08 am
Ahahah, yes, when I was in Finland that was my breakfast as well (without the shitty yogurt) but waaay more meat (meatballs, bratwurst, ham and so on).
For my girlfriend was weird as fuck since in Italy we usually have espresso or cappuccino with orange juice and a pastry.

I know since we were friends on Facebook, some times ago, and there are a lot of gossip going on.
Oh? Usual Finnish breakfast? Had no idea. :lol:
Last edited by robocop on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Pancio wrote:
Double post, apologies. 8)
What is your ideal chord progression, key change, song structure, guitar tone, singer, drummer and keyboard player? :lol:
I’d like to know, bro. If you want key changes every other bar listen to jazz fusion. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:40 pm

robocop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm
Pancio wrote:
What is your ideal chord progression, key change, song structure, guitar tone, singer, drummer and keyboard player? :lol:
I’d like to know, bro. If you want key changes every other bar listen to jazz fusion. :lol:
I'm not Pancio, but if you know anything about me by now, it's that I just have to chime in uninvited and cause a scene. :lol: It's just too tantalizing a topic to ignore.

Ideal chord progression: Depends on what mood you're trying to achieve... I already rambled about one particular example chord progression on the previous page. :lol:
Ideal key change: I don't know... I don't ever think about this really, but I'm not a fan of changing the key of the chorus at the end of a song. It's just too "status quo" or "commercial" for my tastes. :lol: It's just a cheap uninspired way of extending the song without it grating your ears. Honestly, either just end the song already or do something that's actually interesting at the end! :lol:
Ideal song structure: I like some variant of the following, but it also really depends on other variables: intro, verse, prechorus, verse, prechorus, chorus, bridge, solo, prechorus, chorus, outro.
Ideal guitar tone: I prefer a more mids-focused guitar tone, or british tone. I think it improves the clarity of the guitar in the mix. Just don't over do it with the mids, now! :lol:
Ideal singer: Most anyone; I'm really not picky about this. :lol: I prefer a vocalist that employs legato and vibrato in their repertoire.
Ideal drummer: I'm a big fan of any drummer who can perform complicated fills, as long as said fills are "tasty". :lol: Also a huge fan of drummers who can actually keep time; very important, you know.
Ideal keyboard player: Jens Johansson, any day of the week. 8)

Additional thoughts: Way too many :lol:'s.

Now as for what Pancio said: I expect the same, absolutely. Although I must say that reusing the same chord progression is hardly a terrible or offense act in the world of music. In fact, to a certain extent, it's a given. There's a reason why chord progressions occupy public domain. :lol: It'd be far more egregious if entire, or partial, melodies were copied and pasted from his older work. It's happened before... :roll:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:00 am

Good....good...good. To some it up for me, any genre of music will have similar shit!! Goddamnit. :lol: High standards, can’t imagine how life must be for some people.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah... but it's the personal qualities of the musicians, the timbres, playing style, melodic ideas, tempo, time signature, lyrical content, et cetera, that forge and inspire unique sounding music (even in the same genre), far more so than just the chord progression. Of course, different composers prefer different chord progressions to invoke, in their minds, different emotions; it's very personal.

I'm not sure what you mean by "high standards" in this context. Does it mean that I have high standards if a composer plagiarizes himself and I complain about it? :lol: I'm so confused. Honestly, it's fine if they do that very minimally, as composers also have certain short melodic ideas that are meaningful to them (it's kind of like a sense of identity), as long as I don't think at some point that I'm listening to song X, when I'm actually listening to song Y by the same composer. That tends to vex me a little.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 pm

robocop wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm
Pancio wrote:
Well, the problem with chord progressions is not that big, actually.
Mainstream music relies on recycled patterns from ages and, tbh, every music progression is already taken by someone's composition. This doesn't mean that musician need to be uninventive.
Take Tolkki, for example, he has some staple easy pop-progressions usually intended to be catchy and that's why a lot of his works sounds very similar.
It's a problem? No, at least until a certain point. But it's annoying when a composer runs out of ideas and needs this structure in order to milk fans.

About me? I don't really know, actually.
I like chromatic stuff and Suspended Chord (resolved or not).
Everything is good if used in a clever way and that's basically why I don't call myself a snob. I like everything, what makes the difference is cleverness.
I can give you some examples of what I find tasty:

Paradise Lost by Symphony X is a cool tune with actually good not intricated chord progression. Verse is in D and follow this structure at the beginning: Dm (i), Bb (VI), F (III), G (IV), Em (ii). The chorus change to E and follow this structure: Em (i), G (III), D (VII), A (IV).
This is a clever example of a ballad with some cool stuff in it thanks also to the time signature (6/8 and 7/8 shifting constantly during the entire song).
My favorite song by them is actually "The Odyssey" and I believe it to be a masterpiece of composition.
Damn, it's even poppy when Allen sing: "Triumphant champion of Ithaca" (actually sounds like a Muse song), but it's a very clever example of musical genius in metal.

Other examples? Take the Time, Surrounded, 6:00, Space-Dye Vest, Peruvian Skies, Through Her Eyes and Finally Free by Dream Theater (oh and even The Great Debate and other tracks as well), Elysium and Castles in the Air by ours beloved Stratovarius (but a lot of stuff by Stratovarius is actually interesting) and also a lot of stuff by Ayreon.
What I really love in composition? Frank Zappa (listen to Keep it Greasey), Devin Townsend and Ron Jarzombek would be the best examples along with Jens fusion stuff.

About the rest:

My ideal guitar tone is what you can hear in "The Best of Times" from "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" by Dream Theater. I believe it to be the best a Mesa-Boogie can create. But I also love Meshuggah's Fortin Amp and Bogner Uberschall stuff.
What I hate? Destiny tour tone (Laney VH100R were actually good amps).

My ideal singer? Ronnie James Dio and Russel Allen since they're versatile and can sing basically everything. I don't like female vocalists but Simone Simons is what I call a good singer and I can chose her ( I also like Epica's newer stuff).

My ideal drummer? Anders Johansson could be the answer but Bobby Jarzombek, Marco Minnemann, Mike Terrana and John Macaluso are also good, so don't know. I believe one of the first three with no particular preference.

My Ideal keyboard player? Jens without any doubt, I also like Jon Lord, Anthony Arjen Lucassen and Don Airey along with shitloads of others but, tbh, Jens is what I call a genius and not only a good skilled player.
For examples: I used to love Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment but I can't stand Jordan Rudess at all. I prefer Kevin Moore ten times.

Thats' all, I believe.

Oh, and I agree with Zenith: music is a subjective things even for composers and there are too many variables to be considered, it's not a matter of chord progression only. Every aspects matters.
But Tolkki's downward spiral in composition is pretty evident. It's not a problem: he wrote and recorded 5 albums in 5 years during '90s and this is crazy, but original ideas are limited and that's why I stopped listening to a lot of band's newer material throughout the years.
He need someone to help him like Stratovarius did with Matias. Without this move, he will be stucked forever in his past.

robocop wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:54 am
Pancio wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:08 am

Oh? Usual Finnish breakfast? Had no idea. :lol: Add me on Facebook, bro and we can exchange dick pics and spam until or eyes bleed. Link is on here on my profile but also just search my
name, Ray Zalewski. (I do know now if somebody googles me it’ll link here, lol.) I’ve got dogs and cats on there, you’ll see it’s me.

Actually not that common for Finnish: Finns usually have open sandwich along with yogurt and cereals or other toppings and puuro (porridge). Drinks are usually Milk, coffee and juice.
Here in Italy we call "International Breakfast" what is usually served in Hotels, and I believe it's a sort of british-american breakfast.
But we're also weird: I know a lot of people who eat Lasagne, pasta and very heavy stuff at 8 o' clock in the morning :lol:

Edit: I've noticed some errors here and there and corrected the first fews. Sorry but I wrote the post in 3/4 times while working.
Last edited by Pancio on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:00 pm

Ok. Going to keep it brief. It’s not typical for the regular listener to go full blown autism over such things. Take a step outside of it all to realize people don’t ruminate over these things, they just listen. :lol: Ok, obsessed musicians, ok, ok. I know.

Ps
lasagna for breakfast, count me in

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 am

robocop wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:00 pm
Ok. Going to keep it brief. It’s not typical for the regular listener to go full blown autism over such things. Take a step outside of it all to realize people don’t ruminate over these things, they just listen. :lol: Ok, obsessed musicians, ok, ok. I know.

Ps
lasagna for breakfast, count me in
this is what i mean when I say low IQ. You seem to get overwhelmed and frustrated with text very easily. Just skim through it in a couple minutes if you like, and take a deep breath. What's the problem?