video game music

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
robocop
Re: video game music

Post by robocop » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:23 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:18 am
Wait, what? That's the first I've heard of that... ??? Are you, by chance, talking about the Korg Gadget? I don't have much to say about that, as I've never used it or seen it. :lol: :oops:
I did see the gadget but did not know the name before I typed the post. They have a few on 3ds, this was the original:

My mistake. It was not on a gameboy. It was their newer portable ones. They do have a niche thing with nanoloop and lsdj for original gameboy. Got to get a everdrive cart for one of those because they don’t make the cartridges anymore. (Cart with a sd card.)

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 pm

robocop wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:23 pm
I did see the gadget but did not know the name before I typed the post. They have a few on 3ds, this was the original:
Interesting video, robocop. I've heard of a music tracker for the GBA, but I've never heard of this before.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 pm

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards :: composed and arranged by Jun Ishikawa & Hirokazu Ando

My second favorite Kirby OST and Kirby game. I have a lot of fond memories of playing this one as a child, many years ago. It was the third game in the series to be directed by the mysterious Shinichi Shimomura, who is known for directing the "dark matter trilogy" of Kirby games (Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards). The format is also more traditional of a Kirby game than Kirby & the Amazing Mirror's Metroidvania-esque gameplay.

I'll note that I think the music for the cinematics are genius; you can hear the entire plot in the music itself! I say it's my second favorite, but it's really closer to a tie.

** Changed the URL, as I noticed the original video didn't contain the full soundtrack. Also, this game contains some of the darkest and eeriest songs in the entire series, near the end of the game.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:35 pm

1995 Sega CD game Wild Woody music by Ron “Bumblefoot”Thal.

Nice guy, too. Always friendly to fans. He even used to give my friend lessons a long time ago before he become more popular and joined gnr and everything else.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:43 pm

this is a male Game robo, STOPP WITH THE GAY PRIDE GAMES :x

:lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 am

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:17 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:43 pm
this is a male Game robo, STOPP WITH THE GAY PRIDE GAMES :x
Do you by chance like lifting weights with other guys? That sounds like something that would be playing in the background in a gym from 1993.
ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:59 pm
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards :: composed and arranged by Jun Ishikawa & Hirokazu Ando
Nice!! Do you have any 64 games you’d reccomend? I kind of lost the game with that system because back in the day it was either one or the other living with a single mom income. :lol: PlayStation 1 was the last system I had as a kid.

Although visiting friends houses who had the system we’d play goldeneye and others. I sucked! :oops:

Special things come from Japan! Including things like this:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:01 am

robocop wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:17 am
Nice!! Do you have any 64 games you’d reccomend? I kind of lost the game with that system because back in the day it was either one or the other living with a single mom income. :lol: PlayStation 1 was the last system I had as a kid.

Although visiting friends houses who had the system we’d play goldeneye and others. I sucked!
Growing up, I originally had an NES and an N64. SNES was somehow skipped over, and I didn't even know that it existed until years later. :lol: Never had a PS1. PS2 and GameCube came a little later, along with Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, etc. Fun fact: I was one of those kids who never played one of the handheld Pokemon games. I do remember watching the Pokemon TV show, though. :lol: I was too busy playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

When I was a young kid (4 or 5), I didn't actually play games correctly. My brother would be the one to actually try to beat them. Whenever I played them, I just ran around aimlessly and did silly things. I remember just running around Hyrule field in OOT and just jump slashing for 30 minutes. :lol: I would also be the one who'd accidentally delete my brother's save files from time to time (it happened more often than you'd think). :shock: :lol: I remember playing with the file delete option, like an idiot, in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. When you select delete, it displays a bomb with a countdown timer. It would count down from 5 seconds (I think), but you'd be able to cancel it by pressing the B button before it reached zero. Well... one of those times, I was a little too late. :shock: :errrr: :err: :lol: I remember trying to play the game up to where he was, so he didn't notice!

Sorry for the wall of text! :lol: Memories!

Here are my N64 recommendations:

Banjo-Kazooie (My favorite 3D platformer of all time)
Banjo-Tooie
Blast Corps
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Conker's Bad Fur Day (I'll be honest, the gameplay is lacking. Should've been a movie instead. :lol:)
Custom Robo
Custom Robo V2
Diddy Kong Racing (My favorite racing game of all time)
Donkey Kong 64
Doom 64
Excitebike 64
F-Zero X
Goldeneye 007
Hey You, Pikachu! (You'll need a VRU to play this game)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mega Man 64 (PS1 version is superior; non-exclusive)
Mischief Makers
Paper Mario (Awesome RPG; very cozy atmosphere)
Perfect Dark
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Puyo Puyo Sun 64 (If you like puzzle games, you might be into this; non-exclusive)
Puyo Puyo~n Party (This one's much easier; non-exclusive)
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The World Is Not Enough (PS1 version is inferior and was developed by a different company)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Non-exclusive; play this on a different system)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Non-exclusive; play this on a different system)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Non-exclusive. This version is very stripped down)
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story (You'll either hate it or like it)

There might be more goodies, but these are ones I've actually played and had fun with.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:01 am

Woah!!!! Some of those game I have played. My younger years I had:

Nes
Sega
Gameboy
Game gear
Ps1

Always owned 1 or 2 games and just rented others.

I’ll check those games out. Thanks.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 am

how can I forget Tetris?

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:19 am

Do you work for the Russians??? :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 pm

dear god! tetris? this is a shemale game :lol:

KING OF FIGHTER, KIDDOS :x , MORE KICKS, PUNCHES, FLY KICKS AND SUPER COMBOS :x

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 pm

You seem to really be into fighting games and beat 'em ups, Flavio. :D I have trouble getting into those kinds of games; I guess they don't really interest me very much. What do you think of Killer Instinct?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:46 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 pm
You seem to really be into fighting games and beat 'em ups, Flavio. :D I have trouble getting into those kinds of games; I guess they don't really interest me very much. What do you think of Killer Instinct?
i DONT LIKE A LOT KILLER INSTINCT, i like it more the capcom games as street fighter, snk games, as king of fighter and combos games as marvel vs capcom. or the mortal combat that is the death metal in games, very dark for moments
Last edited by Motha-faka on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 pm
Seriously? After a day at school being bullied to death you don’t feel a sweet release by playing those type of games?? :wink: That’s just my experience. My favorite:

Konami.....legendary.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:01 pm

good Robo, Good, ninja Turtles is a heterosexual video game :D :lol:

but i'm a "macho muchacho" and i post MARVEL VS CAPCOM :x

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Did you play X MEN? Seems like it would be right up your alley.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:15 am

robocop wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm
Seriously? After a day at school being bullied to death you don’t feel a sweet release by playing those type of games?? :wink: That’s just my experience.
Come to think of it, I don't remember having any fighting games or beat 'em ups, growing up. Most of the games that I had were action platformers. Then, when I finally did try playing fighting games, I was never motivated to take the time to learn the move sets and get good at those games. Ironically, I ended up playing Mega Man games and Donkey Kong Country games for so long that I could run through them without ever dying. :lol:
Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:46 pm
i DONT LIKE A LOT KILLER INSTINCT, i like it more the capcom games as street fighter, snk games, as king of fighter and combos games as marvel vs capcom. or the mortal combat that is the death metal in games, very dark for moments
Ah, okay. Have you ever played any of the Guilty Gear games? I heard there were some goodies in there, but I've never played them, personally.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:15 am
robocop wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm
Seriously? After a day at school being bullied to death you don’t feel a sweet release by playing those type of games?? :wink: That’s just my experience.
Come to think of it, I don't remember having any fighting games or beat 'em ups, growing up. Most of the games that I had were action platformers. Then, when I finally did try playing fighting games, I was never motivated to take the time to learn the move sets and get good at those games. Ironically, I ended up playing Mega Man games and Donkey Kong Country games for so long that I could run through them without ever dying. :lol:
Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:46 pm
Ah, okay. Have you ever played any of the Guilty Gear games? I heard there were some goodies in there, but I've never played them, personally.
I'm not very gamer boy really, i play a few games only, not much :oops:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:13 am

The simpsons game "hit and run".... this is a nice game :D

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:03 am

Simpson’s arcade (90s) is way better but I am not going to spam more videos. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:15 am

I was never allowed to play Mortal Kombat as a kid. True story. :lol:

Those games like SF2 that you need to know the moves. Something like tmnt arcade is just button mashing stress relief.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 am

oh I love fighting games. I have very good memories of SF2, killer instinct, mortal kombat. Killer instinct looked so sweet in the arcades

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:28 am

I remember as a kid I played a game called twinsen's Odyssey which had an amazing soundtrack.

I played a lot of other games growing up but never really got into the soundtracks much. My first console was an SNES. That and N64 were the ones I had the most fun with. I still game from time to time.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 am

The Neverhood was a funny game that also had a genius soundtrack.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 am
The Neverhood was a funny game that also had a genius soundtrack.
Well, that's certainly a bizarre soundtrack! :shock:

I've never heard of either of the two games you mentioned before. I'm not a PC game aficionado, and I guess I'll also add that I'm not a Sega game aficionado. Those are my two weak spots. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:39 am

PC games? You need at least 420 GB of ram and 99 TB of space to play this classic! Now remastered with Bill Gates commentary.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:37 pm

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 - MORE POWER, KICKS, PUNCHES, HO HO HA HA!! :x

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:50 pm

You are very violent. You didn't even post the classic Mortal Kombat games? Not so macho after all. :lol:

Do you have a punching exercise bag in your basement? Maybe take out some aggression instead of posting all day, just a suggestion. Not like I would do that. :wink: Too much testosterone in this thread. :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm not a violent guy in persons, I'm only one handsome Muchacho :lol: