Polaris Appreciation Post

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AAAAAAAAAA
Re: Polaris Appreciation Post

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 pm

robocop wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm
Awesome. I’m going to upgrade to the hd 800 after I get some stuff paid off. :lol: Yeah right...
If I knew I would get a tangible benefit from doing so, I would buy them. The problem is that- to my understanding the sound quality does not really improve beyond this price point. The HD800s sound slightly different but not strictly better or worse, so its hard to justify.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 pm
robocop wrote:
Awesome. I’m going to upgrade to the hd 800 after I get some stuff paid off. :lol: Yeah right...
If I knew I would get a tangible benefit from doing so, I would buy them. The problem is that- to my understanding the sound quality does not really improve beyond this price point. The HD800s sound slightly different but not strictly better or worse, so its hard to justify.
Do you like any earbuds? Sometimes I use some for the convenience. That is the probably the cheapest I have, jlabs or some crap? It works, they are waterproof.

I forgot to tell you that I have the Sennheiser $100 ones that I originally had. Put those on after I got my new ones and I was blown away. Just make sure there’s a headphone amp for the 650.

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:05 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:46 pm
I was hesitating on spending $80 for headphones. $300 is just way over my non-existing budget.

I bet it sounds orgasmic, though.
Getting them was only convenient for me because I got a payment plan somehow with a credit card from a music company with 0 interest for 2 years, some shit like that. I am broke as fuck. :lol:

Anyway, some people might not even have an ear for things and cheap ones are all you need. There was another reason why I got them, it was to try to make better sounding music. :lol: Probably haven’t been successful with that yet.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:42 am

robocop wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:54 pm
robocop wrote:
Do you like any earbuds? Sometimes I use some for the convenience. That is the probably the cheapest I have, jlabs or some crap? It works, they are waterproof.

I forgot to tell you that I have the Sennheiser $100 ones that I originally had. Put those on after I got my new ones and I was blown away. Just make sure there’s a headphone amp for the 650.
Actually no I don't know much about earbuds. I buy 10 or $15 junk and usually go through at least two per month. I either lose them or they break or get faulty in one ear.

yeah I also had other Sennheiser headphones, I think I had the HD 518 before. It was also outstanding but the 650 is better.

I also had Audio-Technica M50, which is highly rated but it's total crap compared to the Sennheiser. It sounded too bright for me and also was not very comfortable to wear.

Disclaimer, I also have some beats studio headphones that I almost never use.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:44 am

robocop wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:05 am
NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:46 pm
I was hesitating on spending $80 for headphones. $300 is just way over my non-existing budget.

I bet it sounds orgasmic, though.
Getting them was only convenient for me because I got a payment plan somehow with a credit card from a music company with 0 interest for 2 years, some shit like that. I am broke as fuck. :lol:

Anyway, some people might not even have an ear for things and cheap ones are all you need. There was another reason why I got them, it was to try to make better sounding music. :lol: Probably haven’t been successful with that yet.
I never heard of somebody getting a loan on headphones :~( does not exactly sound like an essential need, but I'm glad you're enjoying them!

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:04 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:44 am

I never heard of somebody getting a loan on headphones :~( does not exactly sound like an essential need, but I'm glad you're enjoying them!
Sometimes I stay up for two days and drink pots and pots of coffee and buy stupid crap. :D

I’ll get it paid off, don’t you worry. Corona stimulus, my man! :lol:

Ps
I also bought a $2k drumkit. :oops:

Edit:
This was before all the madness I ordered stuff. With the stimulus I know it’s for essential things.

lucaf9397

Post by lucaf9397 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 am

Emancipation suite part II is mindblowing <3

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:30 pm

lucaf9397 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 am
Emancipation suite part II is mindblowing <3
I wish there was a vinyl mix that they had for deep unknown but for the whole album. :D