the coronavirus thread

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
doc_holliday
the coronavirus thread

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Any of you infected? How is it in your country? I'm in Taiwan, and things didn't change much except from meetups being cancelled.
The Taiwanese government did a really good job at keeping the virus at bay. So far only 100 infected and 1 death.

Motha-faka

Re: the coronavirus thread

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

MAP OF CORONAVIRUS DAY BY DAY.... you can check it and smile or cry, you are free :shock:

LOL the big first world countries are fucked harder, YOU ALL CAN CLEAN YOUR ASS WITH ALL THE MONEY, NOW! MILLONARIRE PEOPLE ARE FUCKED JUST LIKE THE POOR PEOPLE, THIS IS A SWEET IRONY, DONT YOU?

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronav ... cians.html

https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/gallery/foto ... ronavirus/

ALL ARE FUCKED..... MAYBE TO ALOT "RICH PEOPLE" CAN GOT AN LUXURY FUNERAL NOW. the nature is perfect, and the humanity cant with this

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:56 pm

I'm not infected; I'm basically a hermit. :lol: There's an awful lot of fear mongering going on in the U.S, and that seems to be the real threat here. Measures are being taken, and we should all exercise social distancing when possible.
Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm
LOL the big first world countries are fucked harder, YOU ALL CAN CLEAN YOUR ASS WITH ALL THE MONEY, NOW! MILLONARIRE PEOPLE ARE FUCKED JUST LIKE THE POOR PEOPLE, THIS IS A SWEET IRONY, DONT YOU?
There is nothing ironic about this. First world countries are huge tourist destinations and are visited far more often than third world countries. Also, it's the first world countries that are testing for the coronavirus, so it only makes sense that there would be a lot of data about coronavirus cases there. Having no reported cases is not equivalent to having no actual infections. The situation could actually be far worse because there is no, or low volumes of, data in some countries.

Also, this virus doesn't present high lethality to the vast majority of people. Most people will make a full recovery, if infected. So, realistically, most of us are not "fucked". Things are far worse for the elderly and for people with pre-existing medical conditions that affect the lungs or heart. Symptoms include high fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, and sore throat. Rhinitis appears to be rare or absent.

There's no need to panic. Just exercise caution and behave rationally. We'll make it through this, just like all of the other pandemics throughout time.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:17 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:56 pm
I'm not infected; I'm basically a hermit. :lol: There's an awful lot of fear mongering going on in the U.S, and that seems to be the real threat here. Measures are being taken, and we should all exercise social distancing when possible.
Motha-faka wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm
There is nothing ironic about this. First world countries are huge tourist destinations and are visited far more often than third world countries. Also, it's the first world countries that are testing for the coronavirus, so it only makes sense that there would be a lot of data about coronavirus cases there. Having no reported cases is not equivalent to having no actual infections. The situation could actually be far worse because there is no, or low volumes of, data in some countries.

Also, this virus doesn't present high lethality to the vast majority of people. Most people will make a full recovery, if infected. So, realistically, most of us are not "fucked". Things are far worse for the elderly and for people with pre-existing medical conditions that affect the lungs or heart. Symptoms include high fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, and sore throat. Rhinitis appears to be rare or absent.

There's no need to panic. Just exercise caution and behave rationally. We'll make it through this, just like all of the other pandemics throughout time.

YOU FUCK MY MADNESS, AMERICAN KID..... :x

:lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:48 pm

FUCK NEWS FROM CHINA - FUCKING ASSHOLES COMINIST..... :x

https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2 ... ronavirus/

ENGLISH.... OR GOOGLE TRANSLATOR :lol:

They denounced China's new move to hide the true numbers of the coronavirus

The Japanese media assure that the regime stopped conducting COVID-19 tests, for example, it does not register more infected in Wuhan, epicenter of the outbreak
Hospital No. 7 that was used as a center for patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan is disinfected and now, they say, it has returned to normal

Days ago, the world celebrated the news that China had "flattened the curve" reflecting few or no new cases of COVID-19 in Wuhan, where the outbreak was born. However, the Japanese media Apple Daily HK and 47 news denounced that this is one more lie of the Xi Jinping regime: there are no cases because they are no longer testing.

According to these reports, China has stopped testing for the coronavirus and therefore there are no "new" local cases.

The regime has been grim in its reporting on the Wuhan-based virus from the beginning. China not only lied about the outbreak, but also "disappeared" the doctors and other health experts working on it and alerted the world to what they knew.

Trump himself yesterday lashed out at Xi Jinping and rebuked him for hiding information. The President of the United States accused China of withholding information. “I wish he had told us earlier what was happening inside. We didn't know until it was published, "Trump said at a news conference with the White House coronavirus task force, which is led by Vice President Mike Pence.

According to the American, if they had known in advance they could have sought a solution and regretted that China has been "very reserved" in this regard.

Due to its lack of transparency, Beijing subjected its population to the exposure of the deadly virus and now, that their deaths number in the thousands, it tried to counter the criticism arguing that there was a conspiracy against it. The main victims of this type of concealment were the inhabitants of Wuhan, who were not warned in time by the authorities, who permanently lied about the numbers and the seriousness of the case. It was not until January 22, more than three months after the start of the pandemic, that he decided to totally isolate the population of that city to do so later in the province of Hubei.

People in masks attend a vigil for the late Li Wenliang, the doctor who died of a coronavirus at a Wuhan hospital in Hong Kong, China, on February 7, 2020. REUTERS / Tyrone Siu

The complaints against the regime began to infuriate the population, after details of how the Chinese Communist Party tied up the doctors who had warned about the dangerous outbreak that reminded them of the SARS that hit the same country in 2002. The highest point of the outrage was born when the death of the doctor Li Wenliang was known, who had sent a notice by chat to his colleagues last December 30 and a few days later the police made him sign a commitment that he would stop " make comments that disturbed public order ”. On February 6, finally, he died infected with COVID-19.

"People in China have lived under government censorship for many years, but now many people are questioning how censorship could have delayed effective action on the virus outbreak and put many lives at risk," noted a recent campaign by International Amnesty.

Now, the regime is trying to show itself to the world as the pioneer in the fight, after the world press condemned the actions of Xi Jinping, who tried to hide the deadly outbreak.

The pandemic of the new coronavirus exceeded 300,000 infections and 13,000 deaths this Sunday, according to the global balance updated to this by Johns Hopkins University. The virus has spread to 171 countries and territories, leaving behind a total of approximately 307,341 infections and 13,049 deaths, according to figures updated until 11 GMT. On the other hand, the number of people who have managed to be cured of Covid-19 amounts to 92,383.

MORE NEWS IN MOTHA FAKA NEWS RADIO!! 0.0!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:22 am

STOP OF BESTIALITY, FUCKING CHINESE PEOPLE!!

DO YOU WANNA SEE WHAT THIS FUCKING BEAST OF YELLOW PEOPLE DO IN CHINA MARKET? LOOK IT :x

THIS IS THE WAY HOW STARTED THE COVID-19 IN CHINA >=(

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Where is Chang? Our Strato forum member from GuangDong?

Rip
Chang
1969 -2020

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Kotipelto playing in the middle of a MUNDIAL QUARENTINE?

KOTIPELTO FUCK THE QUARENTINE? 0.0!!

03/2020

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:39 pm

BAD INFORMATION!!!... BAD INFORMATION!!!! SAID THE OLD MUTHA FAKA POPPULIST, THIEFF AND PIECE OF SHIT OF CRISTINA KIERCHNNER :shock:

IN 06/03/2020 AND FINLAND IS CLOSE TO CHINA :lol:

KOTY NOT FALL IN CORONAVIRUS? HE IS HE-MAN :shock:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Practicing social distancing. Good thing I had years of training leading up to it. :lol:

I am disappointed that I can no longer get my $9.00 pint from the bar. I have to resort to a $9.00 six pack now. >=(
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:55 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:30 pm
Practicing social distancing. Good thing I had years of training leading up to it. :lol:

I am disappointed that I can no longer get my $9.00 pint from the bar. I have to resort to a $9.00 six pack now. >=(
Fuck....
I spent 30 dollars on a six pack of some speciality beer all mixed up with high percentage of alcohol. By accident. When she rung me up my face dropped and I poo poo in me pants.

When they sell one beer for the price of the timeless pbr six pack, I feel like I got anally decimated.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 pm

USA is now number 1 in Coronavirus cases. USA USA USA

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:44 am

https://gayles.tv/news/las-personas-lgt ... ronavirus/

Are LGTB + people at higher risk of contracting the coronavirus?

The LGTB + community is particularly vulnerable to the negative effects of COVID-19

GAYLES.TV.- More than 100 LGTB + organizations have signed an open letter to the media and to US health officials explaining why certain people in the group could be particularly vulnerable to contracting the coronavirus. The current death rate for COVID-19 is 15% for older people, which means that the virus is having a devastating impact on this population, including the LGBT + elderly.

The letter was initiated by a coalition of six organizations: the National LGBT Cancer Network; GLMA Health Professionals Advancing in LGBTQ Equality; Whitman-Walker Health; WISE; New York Transgender Advocacy Group; and the Asian Queer National Alliance of the Pacific Islands. There are now more than 100 LGBT + community rights groups (including GLAAD) that have joined the initiative.

According to the document, this greater vulnerability to the virus is mainly due to three factors:

TOBACCO
“The LGTB + population uses tobacco at rates that are 50% higher than the general population. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease that has been shown to be particularly harmful to smokers.

HIV
The LGTB + population has higher rates of HIV and cancer, which means that more of us may have compromised immune systems, leaving us more vulnerable to COVID-19 infections. ”

DISCRIMINATION
“LGTB + people continue to experience discrimination, unsavory attitudes, and misunderstanding by providers and staff in many healthcare settings, and as a result, many are reluctant to seek healthcare, except in situations that feel urgent, and maybe not even then. ”

The letter to the US health service also provides different ways in which people involved in the COVID-19 response can ensure that LGTB + communities receive adequate service during this outbreak, including, but not limited to:

Ensure media coverage takes into account the particular vulnerabilities of anyone with pre-existing respiratory disease, compromised immune systems, or using tobacco products
Ensure that health messages include information tailored to communities at highest risk for COVID-19, including LGTB + populations
Provide individual LGTB + resources to find welcoming providers
Ensuring surveillance efforts capture sexual orientation and gender identity as part of routine demographics
Ensure that all COVID-19 responses take into account exceptionally vulnerable members of LGBT + communities, including the elderly, bi-conforming and non-compliant / non-binary black and brown people.

More info in motha faka news Radio!!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 am

There is 1 confirmed case in my area. Northeast PA. And the governor shut down all non essential businesses. Toilet paper, soap, hand sanitizer, ramen noodles, etc is all gone at my local grocery store still. Funny thing is the vegetables are still there! They always take pics of the vegan and tofu fake meat section and say even during a disaster nobody eats it because it’s always stocked. My area was pretty much sold out!! It’s weird because this place is redneck hunting people who are against it all. :lol:

We only know that it will keep getting worse and worse if nobody self quarantines themselves. A lot of people here think they are invincible. They called it the KUNG FLU, WUHAN FLU, whatever. They’re all gun carrying murricas finest. :lol:

Ah, well...I am not very good in times of disaster and don’t ever remember even in my lifetime something this crazy happening.
Conspiracy theories say it’s a bio weapon, whatever else.

I don’t look at it in a very smart way. I just see it as a natural thing people were never prepared for. My mind always sees crazy things happening anticipating anxious shit, kind of like practicing thinking of it with my mind so that when it really happens my reaction is not as extreme.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 am

robocop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 am
My mind always sees crazy things happening anticipating anxious shit, kind of like practicing thinking of it with my mind so that when it really happens my reaction is not as extreme.
Sorry for off-topic, but I do this quite often and for the same reasons. I like to play out scenarios and plan for things in my head. It helps to calm me down when I'm in an uncertain situation.

Anyway, NJ is getting hammered, because of its proximity to NYC. :( I don't know of anyone (friends or family) who has this illness, personally.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:03 am

The USA approved a coronavirus test that offers results in 5 minutes
The test was prepared by pharmacist Abbott. The test will be available next week

The test can offer positive results in five minutes, and negative in 13. (EFE)

The US authorities have given the green light in recent hours to a test to diagnose COVID-19, manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Abbott, which offers results in 5 minutes. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized this test last night for emergency use.

In its notification, the FDA explains that the test serves to “detect the viral SARS-CoV-2 RNA (ribonucleic acid) nucleic acid in direct nasal, nasopharyngeal, and throat specimens, as well as in nasal, nasopharyngeal, and throat of viral transport media of individuals suspected of COVID-19 ”.

For his part, Abbot said in a statement that the test can offer positive results in five minutes, and negative results in 13.

The test will be available next week

The pharmaceutical company added that the tests will be available next week to designated health centers in the nation, and that it plans to deliver 50,000 tests daily to the country's health system. It also expects to produce around five million tests per month.

The tests are portable and can be done outside of hospitals.

"The COVID-19 pandemic will be combated from multiple fronts, and a portable molecular test that delivers results in minutes adds a wide range of diagnostic solutions needed to combat the virus," said Abott President Robert Ford. The person in charge emphasized that these tests can be practiced in places of attention to the patient "outside the four traditional walls of a hospital in the hot spots of the outbreak."

The test can be done outside the hospitals

This Friday, the country, which has the highest number of infections worldwide, crossed the barrier of 100,000 cases detected.

According to data from Johns Hopkins University, the US has 104,837 cases; followed by Italy, with 86,498; and China, with 81,996.

Regarding the number of deaths, according to that source, at least 1,581 people have lost their lives in the North American country due to the coronavirus. New York state concentrates more than 40% of documented infections in the United States, with 44,970 ; followed by its neighbor, New Jersey, with 8,825; and California, which accumulates 4,569.

Six days ago, the FDA authorized the emergency use of another test to diagnose COVID-19, manufactured by Cepheid, in approximately 45 minutes. Like Abbot's, Cepheid's can be used at the point of care, which means providers do not have to send patient samples to a separate laboratory for processing and then return to the hospital or doctor's office. provider. Additionally, users are not required to have specialized training to perform the test, and they are capable of continuous operation, Cepheid President Warren Kocmond said in the statement. The company did not say how much the tests will cost.

So far, the paucity of evidence has been one of the challenges for the United States in its response to the pandemic. So the White House has promised that the tests will increase as more private companies join the initiative.

The pharmacist's headquarters is in Lake Bluff, Illinois

Trump's stimulus plan

The president initialed this Friday the largest economic stimulus package in the country's history, worth more than $ 2 trillion, to contain the economic impact of the pandemic. The plan, which represents about 10% of the US Gross Domestic Product, was endorsed this Friday in the mostly Democratic House of Representatives after approval on Thursday in the Republican-controlled Senate.

The fiscal stimulus package is three times as implemented in 2009 after the outbreak of the financial crisis, which amounted to $ 700 billion, and includes an item of about 250 billion, which will be reserved to make direct payments of $ 1,200 to individuals and families with an income of less than $ 75,000 a year, plus $ 500 for each child under the age of 17.

In addition, $ 350 billion in small business loans and another $ 250 billion are available to expand unemployment insurance benefits.

It also awards $ 150 billion to support local and state authorities, and another $ 130 billion to strengthen the health system, which in some places, such as New York State, is beginning to be saturated.

More info in MOTHA FAKA NEWS RADIO!! 0.0!!

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:39 am
robocop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 am
My mind always sees crazy things happening anticipating anxious shit, kind of like practicing thinking of it with my mind so that when it really happens my reaction is not as extreme.
Sorry for off-topic, but I do this quite often and for the same reasons. I like to play out scenarios and plan for things in my head. It helps to calm me down when I'm in an uncertain situation.

Anyway, NJ is getting hammered, because of its proximity to NYC. :( I don't know of anyone (friends or family) who has this illness, personally.
Stay safe!!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 pm

FUCKING CHINA AND HIS BESTIALITY AGAIN.... >=(

https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2 ... ronavirus/

In China they continue to sell bats to eat despite the health risk from the coronavirus
Species cages are on top of each other. The droppings mix with the blood of the butchers and people rush to buy. Nothing seems to have changed in the markets, even though it is proven that the COVID-19 that already killed 33,000 people was born in one of those places.

Chinese markets continue to sell bats and slaughter exotic animals (Courtesy The Daily Mail)

Terrified dogs and cats crowded into rusty cages. Bats and scorpions offered for sale as traditional medicine. Rabbits and ducks slaughtered and skinned side by side on a stone floor covered in blood, dirt and animal remains ”, those were the deeply disturbing scenes that a Daily Mail correspondent witnessed yesterday in China, just as the Xi government Jinping celebrated "his victory" over the coronavirus.

Journalist George Knowles says he observed with his own eyes how thousands of customers flocked to a large covered market in Guilin, southwest China. A place very similar to that of Wuhan, where three months ago the new coronavirus first appeared, which has already spread throughout the world, turned into a pandemic, killed more than 33,000 people and infected almost 700,000.

“Here the cages of different species were stacked on top of each other. At another meat market in Dongguan, southern China, another correspondent photographed a medicine vendor returning to the business on Thursday with a sign advertising bats - believed to be the cause of the initial Wuhan outbreak - along with scorpions and other creatures ”, assures the Daily Mail.

Dogs and rabbits are slaughtered and sold at a meat market in Guilin, southwest China, on Saturday, March 28, 2020 despite concern about infection in this type of market. (Courtesy The Daily Mail)

The British media achieved these shocking images simultaneously with the lifting of the quarantine that encouraged millions of Chinese to return to normal daily life to boost the declining economy.

According to the outlet, the Guilin market was full of shoppers yesterday, with fresh cat and dog meat on offer, a traditional winter dish. “Everyone here believes that the outbreak is over and there is nothing to worry about anymore. It's just a foreign problem now as far as they're concerned, "revealed one of the China-based correspondents who captured these images for the Daily Mail on Sunday.

Un puesto de medicina tradicional en el mercado de Dongguan, en el sur de China, anuncia murciélagos y otros animales salvajes, como lagartos y escorpiones, como remedios legítimos para dolencias comunes (Gentileza The Daily Mail)

The correspondent who visited Dongguan stated: “The markets have functioned in exactly the same way as before the coronavirus. The only difference is that the security guards try to stop anyone who takes photos. ”

The regime has been grim in its reporting on the Wuhan-based virus from the beginning. China not only lied about the outbreak, but also "disappeared" the doctors and other health experts working on it and alerted the world to what they knew.

Cats waiting to be slaughtered in a Guilin market in southwest China. (Courtesy The Daily Mail)

Due to his lack of transparency, Xi Jinping subjected his population to the exposure of the deadly virus and now, that their deaths number in the thousands, he tried to counter criticism arguing that there was a conspiracy against him. The main victims of this type of concealment were the inhabitants of Wuhan, who were not warned in time by the authorities, who permanently lied about the numbers and the seriousness of the case. It was not until January 22, more than three months after the start of the pandemic, that he decided to totally isolate the population of that city to do so later in the province of Hubei.

The complaints against the regime began to infuriate the population, after details of how the Chinese Communist Party tied up the doctors who had warned about the dangerous outbreak that reminded them of the SARS that hit in 2002 were known. The highest of the outrage was born when the death of the doctor Li Wenliang was known, who had sent a notice by chat to his colleagues last December 30 and a few days later the police made him sign a commitment that he would stop "making comments that disturbed public order ”. On February 6, finally, he died infected with COVID-19.

MORE INFO IN MOTHA FAKA NEWS RADIO!!

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Well, I'm not yet infected and I'm training in order to keep my body in a good shape, since it's almost forbidden to go outside (but there are some major issues about this, legally-wise).

From the health's point of view the situation is slowly getting better, we're still at the peak but the infection is getting weaker and less problematic since we have less intensive-care cases.
The big problem is, actually, the behavior of politicians, medias and citizens: Matteo Salvini and Giorgia Meloni are trying to use populism against Europe spreading fake news and all sort of bullshit. The Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte is completely useless and doesn't speaks his mind at all: presidential decrees are being launched but they're totally unconstitutional and illegal (in our constitution is written that the citizens are free to go wherever they want to and the constitution can be temporarily overwritten only by law. The actual problem is that a presidential decree is not a law by any means) and that's why a lot of people will appeal to the regional courts in order to sue the government (and it's already happening). Medias are spreading incomplete data in order to gain more visibility with catastrophic headlines and people are reacting by trying to find a scapegoat: a month ago runners and rider were the main problem, a couple of weeks ago the workers were the main problem and now the problem is the possibility for a child to go outside for a walk with one of his parents.
Also, as I stated three weeks ago, the economy is going down pretty fast, in Italy, and people are concerned for their works and money. Predictable when you decide to block an entire country without worrying about the consequences and without organizing a valid exit strategy because you are terrified of the cuts you have made to the health system.
And that's why in Italy they imposed the lockdown: undersized health system, slowness in facing the emergency and underestimation of risks and dangers; instead of buying respirators and reorganizing the health system (it was known for months that the virus would also arrive in the West), they waited to the point of forcing people to stay at home. And many are now beginning to understand that everything was wrong from the start.

I am calm, however, I have enough savings and I was aware of what would happen, so I postponed all the important purchases and also the opening of my business.
The only thing I am sorry for is all the people who will lose their jobs but I am sure that the current government will pay a high price for the administrative slowness and, in the coming months and years, Italy and western countries will end up in recession while eastern countries (China included) won't be hit that hard.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 pm

China's economy will get hit. A good portion of its income comes from the production of goods, which heavily depends on western demand.

USA's guidelines are complete horse shit. It's all down to the individual states. We have a stay-at-home order, but there are still people who need to go out and work without proper PPE. The pentagon is still open, even though there's been cases of workers getting infected.

Regarding scapegoats... it's funny. People in Asia blame foreigners for the spread, while in South American countries they blame the rich (who travel abroad). Western nations like to blame asians, but now it's the asians who have to worry about westerners.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:18 am

The only way I used to do it was go eat at the Chinese food place and watch asian porn afterwards.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Ah, I see you are a man of JAV culture, as well.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:28 am

2D octopus orgies only. 8)

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 pm
China's economy will get hit. A good portion of its income comes from the production of goods, which heavily depends on western demand.

USA's guidelines are complete horse shit. It's all down to the individual states. We have a stay-at-home order, but there are still people who need to go out and work without proper PPE. The pentagon is still open, even though there's been cases of workers getting infected.

Regarding scapegoats... it's funny. People in Asia blame foreigners for the spread, while in South American countries they blame the rich (who travel abroad). Western nations like to blame asians, but now it's the asians who have to worry about westerners.
Surely it will, but not as hard as western countries, unfortunately: delocalization is shit and China know we rely a lot on them.

Their production will probably slow down a lot but they can pay their workers way less and apply lowest fees in order to move production from more expensive country to China, taking advantage of the lower economic availability of foreign companies.

It's not something I wish, since it will kill small and medium companies faster, but the market is bigger where the cost of labor is lower, it's an endless loop.

About the rest, in Italy there's a sort of lockdown but every region and municipality can dispose other restrictions as well and in the north the situation is pretty awful since they're basically killing economy without taking any decision for it.
The situation is getting better, anyway: intensive care in Emilia-Romagna, where I live, is decreasing day by day and the virus is less aggressive. I must admit that Reggio Emilia, my town and the main municipality in my province, reacted pretty fast and we never reached saturation in our hospitals: we were able to took care of people coming from other regions too.
But we're still far from having back our old lives since there are too many paranoids who asks for army on the streets.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:26 am

Do you think that the decrease is due to self-isolation? Or is it because most of the weak elders have passed away and now there are not as many to infect?

According to projections in the USA, these will be the most miserable weeks. I think there are still cities that need to peak. I don't think it will go away this year.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 am

13k people infected in my state. 15 in my county, no deaths here yet. For the whole state the death toll is over 100. The virus is closing in from the outermost parts of the state. From Philly and Pittsburgh. I'm in the Northeast part here so we will see it only rise like it has happened everywhere else. I am just glad that when I ran out of tp the other day, walmart actually had some. :wink:
No burger shortages...once that happens, democracy will fall. :red:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:35 am

china eat burritos, china want to imitate to mexican food!!! 0.0!!

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:33 am

Flavio, the story begins with coronavirus that you started to eat the ass of a prostitute from Argentina? She must have been worth it...or was that OZzy Osbourne who was the bringer of hell? I hope AGAG is safe in Taiwan...didn't bill gates say they did incredible there controlling it? Fingers crossed!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 am

Going back to Canada. The airport is empty. It's eery. Like a zombie apocalypse or something
Attachments
IMG_20200411_152339.jpg

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

What's the deal with doc_holiday?