What are you playing?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
doc_holliday
What are you playing?

Post by doc_holliday » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm

These days I'm playing Final Fantaxy XIII, more than halfway through. Even though the graphics are beautiful, it's my least favorite FF yet. I've played 6, 7, 8, X.

I also play some Starcraft 2 multiplayer. I usually play 3v3, cause the more the merrier. I'm in silver league (not very good).

Also, Natural Selection 2. It's a mix of RTS and FPS. Not bad.
I really enjoy Hunt: Showdown these days too.

How about you?

Motha-faka

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:49 pm

I'm playing "The witcher 3 - wild hunt" but the University fuck me all the time, one game is eternal to end it :cry:

I recomend you a lot, is one "Game of the Year" from 2015 and not take a lot requeriments.

Last edited by Motha-faka on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:05 am

Only retro games most of the time. Sonic, mario, castlevania. Etc. I bought the crash bandicoot and tony hawk pro skater remaster. I would rather play the original. They're free with emulation. :lol:
The colors and stuff are nice on crash. That is one plus.

Sometimes I buy cheap newer age games (PC) from years back that I never played, but usually I never have enough energy or attention span to play. :err:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 am

A lot of Pokemon Go :lol: Ive been playing that on and off for years.

I was playing Halo Master Chief collection on my PC a few weeks ago. Love those games even if they get a tad repetitive.

Besides that, not much. The occasional Mario Kart on mobile or switch. Looking for a good RPG to get into....

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Legend Of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III. Can't wait until IV comes out in English next year! Such a great RPG series.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Let's see....

I've been replaying GTA 4. Best music and story by far, imo. Halo MCC still holds well after all these years. It's just simple to get into matchmaking.

Games that I've downloaded but haven't played yet: SOMA, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Dirt 4, MXGP.

I want to play: CoD BO2, Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk 2077.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 am

I'm on a video game hiatus, currently. :shock:
doc_holliday wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm
These days I'm playing Final Fantaxy XIII, more than halfway through. Even though the graphics are beautiful, it's my least favorite FF yet. I've played 6, 7, 8, X.
You should check out Final Fantasy XII. It's my favorite in the series. :) Try the International Zodiac Job System version, if you can. FF1 is also really good, if perhaps too simple by modern standards. FF9 is also another fun one.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 am
I never would've guessed! :shock: Honestly, I thought that game was a fad. I remember when everyone was playing that one. :lol:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I was playing Halo Master Chief collection on my PC a few weeks ago. Love those games even if they get a tad repetitive.
Great series! :bigok: I've never had the chance to play Halo 2, though. :cry:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
The occasional Mario Kart on mobile or switch.
If you haven't already, check out Diddy Kong Racing. It's my favorite kart racer of all time. :) Absolutely fantastic score by David Wise, to boot.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Looking for a good RPG to get into....
Check out Megaman X: Command Mission and soak in the quirky yet fantastic cutscenes in all their glory! :lol: Oh, how I wish for a sequel just like it... The combat system is somewhat derived from Final Fantasy X.

On a more serious note, try Breath of Fire, which primarily features my man, Bun Bun, in the music department. 8) I had fun with that one, but be prepared to take notes, because you can easily get lost or forget what your goal is.

If you're looking for a unique RPG, check out Ys I & II. I guess the Chronicles+ version is the best. It has a fantastic soundtrack! The game itself might be somewhat boring, though...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:51 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I never would've guessed! :shock: Honestly, I thought that game was a fad. I remember when everyone was playing that one. :lol:
Not a fad at all. When it was first released, it felt a bit primitive- but they added a lot of elements to the game since then. Raids, battle, PVP, and trading, for example.

Its a mobile game so you're never really "done" and there are paywalls here and there, but I do enjoy it.
Great series! :bigok: I've never had the chance to play Halo 2, though. :cry:
Halo 2 is one of the best ones!

I admit I am a little burned out of Halo after playing Halo V, Halo 1, Halo Reach, and Halo 2 (halfway) back to back. The combat can get a bit tedious, but I will admit its a great game.
If you haven't already, check out Diddy Kong Racing. It's my favorite kart racer of all time. :) Absolutely fantastic score by David Wise, to boot.
I have played it a few times. Its fun, but honestly you can't compare a game that old to something like Mario Kart 8. I know flashier graphics is not necessarily better, but I do think my main draw to these kinds of classic games is nostalgia.
Check out Megaman X: Command Mission and soak in the quirky yet fantastic cutscenes in all their glory! :lol: Oh, how I wish for a sequel just like it... The combat system is somewhat derived from Final Fantasy X.

On a more serious note, try Breath of Fire, which primarily features my man, Bun Bun, in the music department. 8) I had fun with that one, but be prepared to take notes, because you can easily get lost or forget what your goal is.
I'm not about to buy a used Playstation 2 and play 30 year old games :lol: I can appreciate them but I don't want to pay for all that hardware. If there's a good emulator online I could give that a whirl.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:22 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:51 am
Not a fad at all. When it was first released, it felt a bit primitive- but they added a lot of elements to the game since then. Raids, battle, PVP, and trading, for example.

Its a mobile game so you're never really "done" and there are paywalls here and there, but I do enjoy it.
Hmm... Interesting. My memory is a bit fuzzy. Was 2016 the year that everyone was playing it? ??? I remember taking a walk on the boardwalk, that summer, and just about everyone was out catching Pokemon! :lol: Even a local car dealership got in on the fun and ran an ad with OC-do-not-steal Pokemon in it. It was so bizarre! :shock: :lol: But after the summer was over, I rarely saw people playing it, so I figured that it had run its course.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I'm not about to buy a used Playstation 2 and play 30 year old games :lol: I can appreciate them but I don't want to pay for all that hardware. If there's a good emulator online I could give that a whirl.
No problem.

If you want to try out Megaman X: Command Mission, play the Gamecube version. It plays flawlessly on Dolphin. If you want to play Breath of Fire (SNES), use either bsnes or Mesen-S; your call. If you need help finding the games, send me a PM.

Now, about Megaman X: Command Mission. It's a fun game, but the story, while quite serious, is executed kind of awkwardly (but in a way that makes me chuckle :lol:). Don't worry, you don't need to really know anything about the Megaman series or the Megaman X sub-series to get into it, as the plot is self-contained (and probably non-canon).

Breath of Fire is your traditional J-RPG, featuring a protagonist with an exotic hair color, of course. :lol: However, it did something that I wish other RPGs would do, which is make each character possess a unique ability that helps you progress on your journey.

For both games, the cast of characters is great and I love their designs. :)

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm
Let's see....

I've been replaying GTA 4. Best music and story by far, imo. Halo MCC still holds well after all these years. It's just simple to get into matchmaking.

Games that I've downloaded but haven't played yet: SOMA, Fallout 4, No Man's Sky, Dirt 4, MXGP.

I want to play: CoD BO2, Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk 2077.
I personally don't really enjoy the new Fallout games. I prefer the old ones: Fallout 1 and 2. The only recent one I liked was Fallout New Vegas. Guess who worked on it? Some of the same employees that worked on 1 and 2. I admit I didn't play Fallout 4 yet, but I predict I wouldn't enjoy it either...

Really looking forward Cyberpunk 2077 too!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 am

ZenithMC wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I remember the pokemon go craze :lol:
I was in Taiwan back then, it was huge over there.

interesting thing in Taiwan, there is a grandpa playing it with 64 phones:

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:23 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

you can try the emulator https://pcsx2.net/ works great

robocop

Post by robocop » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 pm

I'm going to play Mega Man and smoke crack.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 am

mega man is so hard

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 am

doc_holliday wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 am
mega man is so hard
Which ones are hard? ??? For me, I'd say Mega Man 9 & 10 are the most difficult classic series entries, but Mega Man 7 has the hardest final boss in the franchise! :shock: The rest of the classic series is super easy for me, even the first one. I know a lot of people call out Mega Man 1 as being very difficult, but if you know how to exploit the boss patterns (and believe me, they pretty much break the game :lol:), it's really not hard at all. The X series is also easy for me. I'd say X2 & X6 are the hardest ones there. The Zero series can often times be difficult, especially Zero 2. The Battle Network series can sometimes be hard, but usually not. I'm not sure which one is the most difficult, but definitely not the first one. Battle Network 1 is very easy. I don't recall having any difficulty with the Legends series. I've never played the Star Force series, so I don't know. Ditto with the ZX series, but it's probably reminiscent of the Zero series. The GameBoy Mega Man titles are somewhat harder than the NES titles, but not by a huge margin.

I have a harder time with a franchise like Castlevania.
robocop wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Which one are you going to play? :)

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 am
doc_holliday wrote:
mega man is so hard
Which ones are hard? ???
All of them are hard in my opinion. Unless you know which order to beat the bosses so that you get the appropriate special weapons to beat each boss. But even still, it's not easy.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 am

ZenithMC wrote:
I'm on a video game hiatus, currently. :shock:
doc_holliday wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm
You should check out Final Fantasy XII. It's my favorite in the series. :) Try the International Zodiac Job System version, if you can. FF1 is also really good, if perhaps too simple by modern standards. FF9 is also another fun one.
Yea it's on my list. I actually never finished a Final Fantasy, for various reasons. So they are all on my list, except the ones before VI.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

Sonic and knuckles. Classic.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 am

finished Final Fantasy 13, was meh. Started playing Final Fantasy 15, it's pretty good so far.

I'm also playing this 2006 game "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth". The graphics suck, but I like the ambiance, and the story. It's intriguing, and you want to know what's going on.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:43 am

doc_holliday wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 am
I'm also playing this 2006 game "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth".
I have that as well but I haven't played it. :lol: Waiting for your review.

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:25 pm

ZenithMC wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 am
doc_holliday wrote:
mega man is so hard
Which ones are hard? ??? For me, I'd say Mega Man 9 & 10 are the most difficult classic series entries, but Mega Man 7 has the hardest final boss in the franchise! :shock: The rest of the classic series is super easy for me, even the first one. I know a lot of people call out Mega Man 1 as being very difficult, but if you know how to exploit the boss patterns (and believe me, they pretty much break the game :lol:), it's really not hard at all. The X series is also easy for me. I'd say X2 & X6 are the hardest ones there. The Zero series can often times be difficult, especially Zero 2. The Battle Network series can sometimes be hard, but usually not. I'm not sure which one is the most difficult, but definitely not the first one. Battle Network 1 is very easy. I don't recall having any difficulty with the Legends series. I've never played the Star Force series, so I don't know. Ditto with the ZX series, but it's probably reminiscent of the Zero series. The GameBoy Mega Man titles are somewhat harder than the NES titles, but not by a huge margin.

I have a harder time with a franchise like Castlevania.
robocop wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Which one are you going to play? :)
I forgot to play it. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 am

What do you guys think about the upcoming Cyberpunk: 2077?

Also, are you guys going to buy one of the next generation consoles? I am kind of tempted. I know the latest graphics cards are better than the consoles, but I don't want to spend $3000 on a fucking computer (especially these days).

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:32 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 am

Also, are you guys going to buy one of the next generation consoles? I am kind of tempted. I know the latest graphics cards are better than the consoles, but I don't want to spend $3000 on a fucking computer (especially these days).
Have you ever tried cloud gaming? Monthly subscriptions without having to upgrade consoles.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am

robocop wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:32 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Have you ever tried cloud gaming? Monthly subscriptions without having to upgrade consoles.
I heard about that kind of thing several years ago and I'm curious if it's even viable now. Wouldn't the latency be absurdly high?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:18 pm

$500 for the new xbox is dirt cheap when you look at the specs. Granted, most of their revenue comes from live and subscriptions. I think the new games are set to cost $70/ea, which is crazy imo. Gamepass would be the best thing to have at this point.

The new GPUs are hard to get. The new 3000 series sold out the second they were released (mainly due to bots). I have a 1070, which runs efficiently well regardless of its age. I recommend you check out Craigslist before you buy a new PC. I got mine for $500 including the GPU and 16GB Ram, 500GB SSD and an overclocked i5.

I want to play the hell out of Cyberpunk but I think it's so overhyped that even if it's a good game it will get bad publicity after its release I think. I might wait to buy the new xbox for a couple of years just to see what other games there are. I like to play multiplayer on PC (free!) and standalone single players on console.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:47 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am
I heard about that kind of thing several years ago and I'm curious if it's even viable now. Wouldn't the latency be absurdly high?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Robocop fat game =P

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 pm
Robocop fat game =P
[...]
:rotflmao1:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm

robocop wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:47 pm
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am
My internet speed is 2 megabits per second on a good day, and I'm not exaggerating either. I can only watch YouTube videos on 360p, and that's in best case scenarios where I'm the only one using the internet at that time.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:57 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

I'd like to buy a ps5, but if I do so, I'll have to buy a 4k tv too. And when I buy hardware, I like quality stuff, so it'll end up costing $2000.