Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Stratovarius karaokes for fans!

Poll ended at Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

you like the Idea of stratovarius Karaokes?
83%
You dislike Stratovarius Karaokes?
No votes
Sorry, is my form of promote my job, i will do it the same, la la la
17%

Total votes: 6

Motha-faka
Re: Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:52 am

well, i do the same that timo tolkki do with stratovarius and i bet that matias kupiainen do too. use amps, and I apply all the sound in the instrument, I bet that Lauri porra and kupiainen not record his instrument "EMPTY AND DIRECT OF EFFECTS" thry use his sound finished in the recording session. The drums not have effects, only a room, like one pro studio when record a drum

but ok, I will finish the track and all will work fine why i'M CAREFUL a lot of this :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:11 pm

well, The stuff works awesome, I have copyRight that not let me monetize my videos but my account in youtube is Healthy, If I sing the Karaoke, youtube can banned my account, this mean that my productions are very close to Stratovarius Music, not bad, I don't want sing the songs, i want that the peole enjoy of good karaokes only, if i sing the complete song, youtube can banned me :D :mrgreen:

Unbreakable KARAOKE!! into my Style, of course... :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:22 pm

i'M MOTIVATED!! THE NEXT KARAOKE IS 4TH REICH! FROM DREAMSPACE... ones of my favorites :mrgreen:

maybe is time to alternate with other band, like Guns N' Roses for example

sadly stratovarius is not so famous in argentina... i need more Impact :?

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Timo Tolkki is not a reamper at all, so he usually play through and record directly his amp.

Matias reamps a lot instead.

Two different approaches with two different aims:

- Tolkki's approach is easier and faster when you know your rig but, at the same time, less flexible and potentially more prone to mixing problems.

- Matias' approach is the standard, atm, and even tho it can be demanding, brain-wise, it's surely the best way to experiment and change things in a couple of minutes (even faster using cabsims and stuff).

I prefer the latter.
Why?
1. It's easier to work with a clean guitar track and you can process everything from the, let's say, "root signal".
2. You can use "cheap" cabsims and plug-ins instead of expensive rig.
3. You can correct drastically your errors with little effort.
4. Your not "physically" bonded.

My approach with guitar/bass is simple:

Instrument straight into D.I. Box (or Audio Card with a good preamp) into Logic Pro X with a bland EQ and a cabsim I like (to help me get a rough picture of the result).
Then I record with "effects on" in-ear but clean into the DAW and once finished I start with experiments.

Drums is a nightmare to record and equalize but your direction, Flavio, is completely wrong from the reverb (aka "room") to the EQ and even the instrument you've chosen is not usable.
Try to use "real" drumset samples along with your MIDI informations and, please, "humanize" everything

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 pm

well, youtube and all the other medios tellme that I'm copy and close to violate copyrights, and put me track of example "Unbrekeable remastered, inclused not the original of nemesis, I think that is not so bad.

I dont use general reverb as all, i locate reververation inclusing some instruments is not have effects

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:05 pm
Matias' approach is the standard, atm, and even tho it can be demanding, brain-wise, it's surely the best way to experiment and change things in a couple of minutes (even faster using cabsims and stuff).
I also prefer to use Matias' approach. It allows me to change the gain settings on my amp (hardware), and basically any other parameter, a posteriori. I don't use cabsims or ampsims (although they are certainly high quality nowadays). I record the D.I., using the amp as monitor, and then play it from the DAW back into the amp to record later. Okay, that's actually a simplification of the signal chain. The D.I. is actually first routed out from the DAW to my JD7, and then output from the JD7 to the amp to correct the impedance mismatch.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:44 am

well if matias do this, he works like a home studio. I read articles of huge studios in the world and all said that use amps and microphones I dont believe that matias do this that you said :?

if he do, I don't understand why his Studio 5 by5 is so huge and have a lot equipment, is a contradiction :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:45 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:05 pm
well, youtube and all the other medios tellme that I'm copy and close to violate copyrights, and put me track of example "Unbrekeable remastered, inclused not the original of nemesis, I think that is not so bad.

I dont use general reverb as all, i locate reververation inclusing some instruments is not have effects
Well, Youtube works on Content ID algorithm so it's not indicative of the quality.
Even a 8bit track can be detected as copyright infringement, nowadays :lol:

About reverb I should have been more precise, maybe: when using reverb/roomsim you must consider a lot of things, that's why your drums sound really off and boomy.
Every instrument has its own "ideal" space with proper dimensions, reflections and so on.
It's not an easy task and throwing some ultrawet preset is not the best way but I think you'll learn some tricks.
ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 pm
Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:05 pm
Matias' approach is the standard, atm, and even tho it can be demanding, brain-wise, it's surely the best way to experiment and change things in a couple of minutes (even faster using cabsims and stuff).
I also prefer to use Matias' approach. It allows me to change the gain settings on my amp (hardware), and basically any other parameter, a posteriori. I don't use cabsims or ampsims (although they are certainly high quality nowadays). I record the D.I., using the amp as monitor, and then play it from the DAW back into the amp to record later. Okay, that's actually a simplification of the signal chain. The D.I. is actually first routed out from the DAW to my JD7, and then output from the JD7 to the amp to correct the impedance mismatch.
Yes, that's it.
I also prefer to have full control whenever I want on whatever I want, but a lot of old schoolers don't like reamp since is a little bit more dispervsive (often hours are spent and important decisions put off in search of the perfect sound).
I partly agree but I prefer reamp in every possible way.

I wasn't a big fan of cabsim or IR technology until I discovered ML Sound Lab and Neural DSP: they were my game changers and something clicked.
Yes, I'm in love with my Mesa/Boogie JP, my Powerball and even with my Katana but let's face the truth: I don't have enough time nor space to set everything/every time.
I work 8 hours plus 2 hours for lunch and also 1 hour of travel 5 on 7 plus cooking, shopping, cleaning, playing (guitars or videogames), training; (un)fortunately having sex with my girlfriend and so on.
At the end of the day I'm out of energy and during my free time (2 ramdom days off a week) I prefer being productive instead of prepare my room so I can tweak my fucking valve or transistor amps; I throw a nice ampsim/cabsim into Logic, the guitar into D.I./sound card and that's it.
Nowadays you can't really tell differences between real or simulated amps and that's great even tho it's a little bit sad.
On live situation I still prefer amps.
Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:19 pm
yes but matias have a HUGE RECORDING STUDIO AND A LOT MONEY

and i have the studio equiped only for mastering and mixing.

For more that you said me that stratovarius not have a lot money is a fake. you see the matias Kupiainen Studio? and Kotipelto Studio?

not joke :mrgreen:
Matias has a nice and well furnished studio (I wouldn't call it huge at all, since most mainstream studios have stuff worth millions of dollars), yes, but he is a professional and an average musician, or amateur, doesn't need all his stuff.
With 5k/6k you can have an entry level home studio, it's not that much

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:00 am

I have a good quality, you want compare my work with the original? do it, you are free

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:11 am

Poor Stratovarius and Matias Kupiainen, They are a poor Band that don't have 1 entire euro and record on cassette ...

Pancio says that Stratovarius can't paid for a better sound why they live in the streets in finland..... :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:20 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:44 am
well if matias do this, he works like a home studio. I read articles of huge studios in the world and all said that use amps and microphones I dont believe that matias do this that you said :?

if he do, I don't understand why his Studio 5 by5 is so huge and have a lot equipment, is a contradiction :lol:
Yes, he surely uses amps and mics, where is the contradiction? Reamp is different from a cabsim or ampsim through a DAW, even tho you can reamp this way.
I usually reamp in two ways: the same as Zenith or using an hybrid technique that consists of "reamp" with an ampsim then out to a real cab (Bogner 2X12) mic'd with two SM57 or one SM57 plus a Royer 121.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/honestamps ... ainen/amp/

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:00 am
I have a good quality, you want compare my work with the original? do it, you are free
Yes, I listened to your work, Flavio: it sucks, said directly.
I don't mean to be bad, but it's a job worthy of a 14-year-old band on their first attempt at following a Youtube tutorial.

Music production is not something that can be improvised, you have to study it and compare yourself to learn.
It is useless to share your works if you do not listen to the advice we give you and continue to insist with your ravings.
Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:11 am
Poor Stratovarius and Matias Kupiainen, They are a poor Band that don't have 1 entire euro and record on cassette ...

Pancio says that Stratovarius can't paid for a better sound why they live in the streets in finland..... :lol:

I don't get this obsession towards Kupiainen and "Stratovarius sound" or their budget.
Does the fact that they have a higher budget than yours mean that, proportionately, your results are better?
Or is it a justification as you think it is impossible to achieve something beautiful without an adequate budget? Maybe you mean you don't like what Kupiainen makes despite the expensive equipment? I do not understand.

Anyway 5by5 is not owned solely by Matias and surely not by Stratovarius: having a guitar player with a studio doesn't mean he works for free and surely doesn't mean the studio facilities are free (surely discounted).
So the budget is still a problem and I can guarantee you their budget is not that high: you can ask them, if you wish.
About their sound, as I said before, the only thing I don't like is the mix within keys in Eternal and the artificial kick samples in Elysium but, at the end of the day, it's not tragic.
There are worse album with higher budget: Dream Theater, for example.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 am

sorry, but you are the obsessive that always are hitting with shit to the all the guys that non share your tastes, not me. :mrgreen:

I have a good sound, you are free to compare my karaokes with the original :|
Last edited by Motha-faka on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:35 am

FLAVIO:
Post what recording equipment you have. Monitors and audio interface? Anything?!? ???

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:37 am

why you ask? the important is the result. maybe you want to ask pancio what the hell he used to do his cover of Infinite song....

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:38 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:37 am
why you ask? the important is the result. maybe you want to ask pancio what the hell he used to do his cover of Infinite song....
Start with good equipment. End up with good sound. 8)

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 am

It looks like Flavio mixes on laptop speakers. Prove me wrong! :cry:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 am

sorry but i'm fucked with you Ray, you comportament is horrible, better i will start to block you torgether to pancio

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:43 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 am
sorry but i'm fucked with you Ray, you comportament is horrible, better i will start to block you torgether to pancio
Why? Just because you get criticism?

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:29 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:16 am
You might as well block me, too, Flavio. In fact, you might as well block the whole world. If you wish nothing more than to receive a sea of praise and an echo chamber of yes-men, then you are on the right path. Honestly ask yourself: Is it robocop or Pancio whose attitude needs to change, or is it your own?

Listen, I don't always agree with everybody on this forum, but you know what? Instead of blocking them and filtering out anything I perceive of as negative, I engage with them and debate my ideas with them. There's never any animosity and, infact, I gain respect for those that I can have a critical and intelligent discussion with. If people don't like what I do, then I evaluate their critiques. If I find that their criticisms are valid in some way, then I learn from my mistakes and grow both as a person and as an artist. That's what it's all about: growing as an individual. Your mindset of blocking perceived dissenters or aggressors will make this impossible to achieve.

If you want people to like the things you do, you need to earn it. It is not a given, so don't expect it to be. It is also important to remember that nothing is perfect, either. Listen, I may have a huge ego, but I do accept that I'm not great at everything and that I'm certainly not perfect.

At the end of the day, we aren't trying to humiliate you, troll you, or anything like that. We want you to be able to understand that there are numerous flaws with your productions and we would like you to understand how to remedy those flaws so that your productions can sound more professional. Pancio has provided a lot of good info regarding equipment and mixing in general. robocop has truthfully addressed that if you don't have good (especially monitoring) equipment, you are going to find it very difficult to produce a well-balanced mix. If you don't have good equipment, it would be in your best interest to get some. Now, It doesn't have to be the best equipment in the world or anything. A decent pair of studio monitors will allow you to produce a much better mix.

It's your decision, Flavio. You can just ignore us or you can listen to us and try to work with us. We've made a conscious effort not to ignore you and believe me, if we didn't care, we would've ignored you a long time ago.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:59 am

Flavio: don't listen to these lowlifes, these scum of the earth. Do not be deterred by the smug, cynical, joyless harpies who tear down what they lack the will and unwaivering pursuit of perfection to create.

Why give heed to these dysfunctional goons, these snide naysayers, these boorish louts who cast stones from the safety of their mother's glass houses? (Remember that by contrast, your mother lives with you, which is entirely different)

:luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: In your honor, I present to you the lyrics of a song.

O Flavio
Our homie and Argentinian native man!
Italian expatriot love in all of us command.
With glowing hearts we see thee aggrandize,
The True Karaoke crisp and free!
From far and wide,
O Flavio, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep his songs in the public domain and free!
O Flavio, we stand on guard for thee.
O Flavio, we stand on guard for thee
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAA on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:36 am

No no, Flavio. Come to the light! Don't listen to this A10 fellow; listen here, he has more A's than he knows what to do with. Why, he is clearly in the midst of a kava high. Listen, Flavio: he's also obsessed with *gulp* dentists. :shock: He will lead you astray with his saccharine rhymes of unbridled praise.

I say listen to the boorish louts instead. :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:49 am

It would be boring if we all just said you are great, I am great, that guy is great. :lol:
Just a big circlejerk. Flavio doesn't really understand what we say. It doesn't make sense to reason with him. :lol: I'm just going to post pictures so maybe he will like the colors. I was told before Argentina guys all act like this. It may be a sweeping generalization, or maybe he's just mentally ill. ??? :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 am

what's happen if i tell you that one part of 4TH Reich keyboard is missing in the album or is barely listen?

what happen if I tell tou that you will listen soon one part of Antti Ikonnen that you barely can listen in the original song why is covered for the main timo tolkki Guitars?. see what i discover :shock:

Hide Antti Ikonnen part :shock:

PD: all have a limit, and I see that Robocop and Pancio are like my old band mates, I can't support it, i passed for this shit but dressed of "Friend band mates"

Es hora de tener un comportamiento humano decente y dejar de intentar hacer cosas estúpidas escondidas en Internet. Now I understand why the Stratovarius members ignore to all the world, this is fucking sad

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:35 am

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 am
sorry, but you are the obsessive that always are hitting with shit to the all the guys that non share your tastes, not me. :mrgreen:

I have a good sound, you are free to compare my karaokes with the original :|
Actually yes, but also no.
I don't usually follow something I'm not interested in nor I criticize something not worth my critics; on Facebook and social medias is different tho, since I'm rude by choice and I like to bring chaos.
But we're not on Facebook and you ask us about your work, and your work is subpar. Don't expect to get praises or lots of cheers but, rather, constructive criticisms; is up to you accept and understand them or not since I don't really care if you won't improve.

But our critics is far from being useless and it is you who are unable to accept them.

My cover, for example, sucks and I am aware of it and tried to improve it until I realized it would have been better to re-record it from the beginning.
And it's an infinitely better job than yours even though it sucks.
So I would ask myself some questions instead of writing nonsense about Matias, Stratovarius or recording studios full of equipment as if these things justify your mediocrity: invest in equipment and training courses, otherwise we have nothing to say to each other about this topic.
At the moment your stuff sucks, Flavio. End of the story.

Speaking about attitude, I have always known that you tend to speak for yourself and build your own house of cards preventing anyone from normal speech.
That's fine with us, believe me, but remember not to blame others when they treat you like an idiot as you created this image yourself.

For example, I have never seen neither Robo nor Zenith arguing with anyone; I myself have never had disagreements.
We all understand the internal dynamics of this forum and we all understand how to relate to each other in peace, despite the heavy jokes (and it's a very rare thing these days).
So avoid playing the part of the clown perpetually over the top if you are not ready to be treated as such, and I tell you in all honesty.
You are a strange character, Flavio, and it is useless for you to threaten blocks towards us because, in all probability, you should ban the whole forum :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:15 pm

I know now why the people hate you and block you

back to you hole and not break me more the testicles, ok?

constructive? you only said shits, including about matias works, you dont know a shit and you have a huge mouth, italy have seriuos drama with persons like you, Pancio, no joke

Now, continue speaking shit of all the world, you can't with your poor life, by that you do it

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:15 pm
I know now why the people hate you and stratovarius block you

Flavio, nobody hates me irl and that's why I have a girlfriend, who can surely get a better boyfriend if she wants to, friends and a decent work.
I have never experienced a single fight or quarrel in 30 years of lifespan, to be honest.

And Stratovarius never blocked me, one of their social media manager did since I bet the guys in the band doesn't care about me nor about my posts.

No hole to hide me in, Flavio. I don't need it, fortunately :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:15 pm
I know now why the people hate you and block you

constructive? you only said shits, including about matias works, you dont know a shit and you have a huge mouth, italy have seriuos drama with persons like you, Pancio, no joke

Now, continue speaking shit of all the world, you can't with your poor life, by that you do it
Sure, Flavio, talking shit about Matias' work and how reamp works :roll:

Did you remember to take your meds on the weekend? :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Sheesh, Flavio, you're stubborn as fuck :lol:

I don't know much about you but it seems to me you're scared about confrontations or "serious talk".
Everything is fine until things are in your comfort zone but suddenly you lose patience when things are said to you in a straightforward way and you cannot escape from them using your bad English or silly non sense.

If so, well, keep on going with your shitty MIDI karaoke and keep bragging about bullshit, nobody can help you.

Oh, and you want me to ignore you directly? So long :lol: