Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Pancio
Re: Timo Tolkki's Avalon Pt. 3 and tour

Post by Pancio » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:27 am

robocop wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:15 am
Pancio wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:31 am
Seems like Tolkki was put in jail in Finland, recently, due to the guitar he stole from one of his fan/friend.
Don't know if it's true but here's the link: https://www.seiska.fi/Uutiset/Stratovar ... en/1155324
Translation:
The Stratovarius legend was thrown into the tube! Timo Tolkki to Seiska: I deny the crime!
10/29/2020 9:12 AM

Timo Tolkki, 54, a former guitarist of the Stratovarius band who now lives in Monterrey, Mexico, visited Finland three weeks ago to meet his family. According to Seiska's information, Timo's trip got a nasty turn when the police caught him at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport on suspicion of a crime.

- The men of the border guard took me aside during the passport control. They said I have a search on, and the police will be searching soon, Timo, reached by Seiska, admits.
Timo still played in the band Stratovarius in 2007. Also pictured is bassist Lauri Porra, who is not involved in Timo's criminal suspicion.

Also read: Pictures! Timo Tolkki, a heavenly star who has settled in Mexico, lives in an eco apartment with his loved one Ingrid - “Our hobby is getting a bank!”

Hours later, police arrived to pick up Timo from the airport. The trip continued to the Espoo Police Prison.

After the physical examination, Timo was tapped in a cell.

- I was in a terrible concrete booth all night with a shitty bowl and a gloomy water system. I had booked the Klaus K hotel for the night, so I just thought this was my luxury hotel now.
The relationship with Ingrid is fine. - Last week we had 7 months of living together, Timo glows.

Also read: More than 80,000 euros in foreclosure! Guitarist Timo Tolkki, who found a new love in Mexico: I wouldn't even get a rental cabin in Finland!

During interrogations, Timo was suspected of embezzlement.

- I borrowed a guitar from a former guy, who then left it to a third person who never returned it. Heppu wants 2,000 euros for a guitar, even though it was worth 150 euros. I deny the crime, of course.

Read more about Timo's criminal suspicion in the Seiska that appeared on Thursday!
I should have translated it yesterday, actually.
Thanks Robo!

Another article reports the news that Tolkki allegedly attempted to steal shirts from H&M in 2019 and, again in the last two years, is suspected of other thefts.
It also seems to have suffered a foreclosure of 80,000 euros, or perhaps I have translated wrongly and has a foreclosure order against him atm.

Anyway, this is pure gold: he and his new fat bitch came straight out off the museum of horrors; a sort of retarded version of Bonnie and Clyde :lol:
Last edited by Pancio on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm

When I first started discovering Timo's personality back in the day, I was really bothered by it and would always make fun of it, etc.

At this point, I think his behavior is just tragic, confusing and weird. And I hope he gets it together but I doubt he will. I don't find the same humor in it at all. :(

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:48 pm

Pancio wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:27 am

I should have translated it yesterday, actually.
Thanks Robo!

Another article reports the news that Tolkki allegedly attempted to steal shirts from H&M in 2019 and, again in the last two years, is suspected of other thefts.
It also seems to he have suffered a foreclosure of 80,000 euros, or perhaps I have translated wrongly and has a foreclosure order against him atm.

Anyway, this is pure gold: he and his new fat bitch came straight out off the museum of horrors; a sort of retarded version of Bonnie and Clyde :lol:
BHUAHAHAHAHAAH!!! :lol:

YOU ARE BAD.... bad!!

the devil will get your soul, pancio, for bad boy! :lol:

PHOTO of Pancio in his real form :err: :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm
When I first started discovering Timo's personality back in the day, I was really bothered by it and would always make fun of it, etc.

At this point, I think his behavior is just tragic, confusing and weird. And I hope he gets it together but I doubt he will. I don't find the same humor in it at all. :(
In other circumstances I would've agreed with you but Tolkki had dozens of possibilities for redemption; he received help from family, friends and fans but, despite this, he preferred to lie, cheat and steal.

And no, being sick is no longer an acceptable excuse or justification since he received therapy, medical care and psychological support but, then again, he chose not to be responsible.
In other words we're not talking about a random dude abandoned and forsaken but about a famous musician now fallen, self-aware of it but too lazy to change

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 am

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 am
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm

In other circumstances I would've agreed with you but Tolkki had dozens of possibilities for redemption; he received help from family, friends and fans but, despite this, he preferred to lie, cheat and steal.

And no, being sick is no longer an acceptable excuse or justification since he received therapy, medical care and psychological support but, then again, he chose not to be responsible.
In other words we're not talking about a random dude abandoned and forsaken but about a famous musician now fallen, self-aware of it but too lazy to change
This is what happens all the time. Mentally ill get jailed, not any help they actually need. Some ending in getting shot because cops aren't trained for that shit. I'm guessing he's off all his meds still. It would be better if he went to a facility where mentally ill go like a psych lockup, psych ward. Keeping him for a while to get things straightened out. It of course will never work if he plans on going back to ass balls Mexico and does not have a treatment plan in Finland where they can keep an eye on him. :evil: Yes...it's like we devolve to babies when you don't have your mental health sorted out. :err:

robocop

Post by robocop » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm

New updates. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Glad I don't have fb to see this shit lol
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:17 am

Just a question, why random uppercase?

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:17 am

this is not the timo tolkki facebook. is this one

https://www.facebook.com/TimoTolkki777

or this one

https://www.facebook.com/officialtolkki

someone fuck to the fans with a fake account. :shock:

and robocop falls into the troll shit :err:

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 am

He has a couple accounts. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/tolkki777

This is the one you said was fake? But he banned you and pancio on it, right? :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:31 am

robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 am

This is the one you said was fake? But he banned you and pancio on it, right? :lol:
No, I think that this one is a real account of tolkki, this one that you post it i don't find it :err:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am

O Tapio, o Tapio
How lovely are thy branches
O Tapio, o Tapio

His boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O tannenbaum, o Tapio

Let us all remember
In our gift giving and our merriment
With our family and friends and loved ones
The real and true meaning of Tapio
The birth of our Lord and Savior, Timo Tolkki :)

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:44 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 am
O Tapio, o Tapio
O Tapio, o Tapio

His boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O tannenbaum, o Tapio

Let us all remember
In our gift giving and our merriment
With our family and friends and loved ones
The real and true meaning of Tapio
The birth of our Lord and Savior, Timo Tolkki :)
Reminds me of when you used to write those funny poems back in the day about Flavio. :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:17 am
I asked that question here once before. I think it's some phone-posting related bullshit. :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:31 am
robocop wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:09 am

No, I think that this one is a real account of tolkki, this one that you post it i don't find it :err:
This is one of Tolkki's profiles and not a fake one, in fact I'm not able to see it with my main FB profile :lol:
ZenithMC wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am
Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:17 am
I asked that question here once before. I think it's some phone-posting related bullshit. :lol:
Mmm, don't know, I bet it's the boomer syndrome instead :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am

Zenith!! You and I should get a hold of him if it’s true he’s in New York. :lol: :lol:

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:29 pm

robocop wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am
Zenith!! You and I should get a hold of him if it’s true he’s in New York. :lol: :lol:
How bizarre. I wonder why he's in New York (or if he really is there, idk)? ??? I wouldn't want to drive out to NY to see Tolkki, anyway, though. I'd be out over $50 and will have received a lecture on bad energies. :lol:

Who am I kidding? I wouldn't be able to drive out there, anyway, or any time soon, because my damned license is expired. :red:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 am

ZenithMC wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:29 pm
robocop wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 am
How bizarre. I wonder why he's in New York (or if he really is there, idk)? ??? I wouldn't want to drive out to NY to see Tolkki, anyway, though. I'd be out over $50 and will have received a lecture on bad energies. :lol:

Who am I kidding? I wouldn't be able to drive out there, anyway, or any time soon, because my damned license is expired. :red:
I'm curious about that too. I don't follow on Facebook so I'm kind of disconnected. It seems like a fairly expensive place to live, maybe he's there visiting a friend? Or maybe he's in some kind of trouble in mexico? I hope not.

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:25 am

He had some problems with that young girl he was with. Who fuckin knows? LOL! He always is a drama queen about everything as usual. Even asking if anybody talked to the girl because she wasn’t responding I’m guessing? Call up Avon or ask her to order some mascara. :lol:

He recently posted his daughters chow chow doggie passed away. Sad.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:02 pm

timo tolkki want 10.000 euros to build an album 0.0!! They don't have money and after all, Timo tolkki wasn't mix and recording the album :lol:

god, who fuck will pay him 10.000 euros? ANYONE!! :shock: AND I DISCOVER THAT HE IS NOT VERY GOOD MIXING AND MASTERING AFTER ALL :shock:

fisrt song here. is the new stratovarius 3.0 like i said before

WORDS:

INFINITE VISIONS have started a crowdfunding campaign to help finance the cost of creating their debut album, Union Magnetica. To launch the campaign the band is releasing a playthrough video for the song "You Rock My World", a track from their recently completed 4-song demo which was mixed by Dani G (Rage, Firewind). "You Rock My World" was specifically chosen as the song to kick off the crowdfunding as it is a song for the fans and about the fans.
The video features all 5 members of the band: Timo Tolkki (guitars), Erik Kraemer (vocals, Simulacrum), Pawel Jaroszewicz (drums, ex-Hate/Vader), Jimmy Pitts (keyboards, Eternity's End/NorthTale), and Pierre-Emmanuel Pélisson (bass, Civilization One/ex-Heavenly).
The "You Rock My World" video:
The crowdfunding campaign can be found here: https://www.hithit.com/infinitevisionsfund
The song can also be streamed on the band's official web site: https://infinitevisionsband.com/music
The band states: "Infinite Visions are ready to record their debut album and need your help to make this happen! They require a minimum of 10.000 euro to complete the album and pay for related costs, such as:
• Recording
• Mixing
• Mastering
• Album Artwork & graphic design of layout
• Band Photos
Although a large number of fans have been waiting for some classic metal songs from Timo, record sales aren’t what they used to be & the music industry has changed considerably. This change has resulted in bands getting smaller advances from labels and a limited budget for recording. With a desire to release only the best possible album — and not wanting to disappoint their fans — Timo and Infinite Visions turn to crowdfunding."
Infinite Visions are also taking this opportunity to announce Pierre-Emmanuel Pélisson as the new bassist. Pierre has over 20 years experience in both the studio and stage, having recorded and performed with several artists including Heavenly (Sign Of The Winner and Dust To Dust albums) and Civilization One (Revolution Rising and Calling The Gods). Pierre takes over bass duties from Jari Kainulainen, who left the band earlier this month for personal reasons.
For more information on Infinite Visions visit:
https://www.facebook.com/TimoTolkkiInfiniteVisions
https://www.instagram.com/infinitevisionsmetal/
https://vk.com/timotolkkiinfinitevisions

WOW MINIMUN 10.000 EUROS TO BUILD AN ALBUM? :shock: THIS WAS INSANE!! :shock:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:41 pm

I told you all in advance how this story would end, no surprise at all :lol:

But yeah, 10k euros is a good budget for an average metal album: a good engineer cost a lot and a decent recording studio even more plus a photographer, a graphic designer and so on.
Indeed the price is far too low for a "pro" release and this makes me think it's a scam :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:41 pm
I told you all in advance how this story would end, no surprise at all :lol:

But yeah, 10k euros is a good budget for an average metal album: a good engineer cost a lot and a decent recording studio even more plus a photographer, a graphic designer and so on.
Indeed the price is far too low for a "pro" release and this makes me think it's a scam :lol:
wow, interesting.... and the Cain's Offering StormCrow, how much they paid? the album sound horrible... more than 10.000 euros? get him back the money, please :err:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Good question but I don't know how much Kupiainen's services cost or, better, how much he got paid considering that Kotipelto and Jens are his band mates while Jani has collaborated several times with Stratovarius.
On top of that we should consider one thing: Stormcrow is only mixed by Matias, the others duties were handled by Jani and Jussila while recording sessions were handled by the musicians themselves, they didn't need to rent a proper studio.
All this things can vary the costs a lot and we're not even considering: Graphics, photographs, layout and so on.

10k euros is an average budget but pros can go way higher than this (Elements, for example).

But yeah, nowadays you can get a decent sound with your own home studio so production costs decreased, at least for amateur projects or little band: but I bet something like "Prometheus" from LT's Rhapsody cost something around 100k to produce :lol:

Anyway, the song is shit and production is ass :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Pancio wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 pm
Good question but I don't know how much Kupiainen's services cost or, better, how much he got paid considering that Kotipelto and Jens are his band mates while Jani has collaborated several times with Stratovarius.
On top of that we should consider one thing: Stormcrow is only mixed by Matias, the others duties were handled by Jani and Jussila while recording sessions were handled by the musicians themselves, they didn't need to rent a proper studio.
All this things can vary the costs a lot and we're not even considering: Graphics, photographs, layout and so on.

10k euros is an average budget but pros can go way higher than this (Elements, for example).

But yeah, nowadays you can get a decent sound with your own home studio so production costs decreased, at least for amateur projects or little band: but I bet something like "Prometheus" from LT's Rhapsody cost something around 100k to produce :lol:

Poor turilli, he recorded in 7 different studios including germany and the album was a failure... this was the end of Alessandro conti with Turilli. ???

about Matias, his Prices are in his facebook.

Guitar lesson 60mins
1 hora · 75e + vat
In person or thru skype

Single song mixdown
8 horas · 250e + vat

Ep Mixdown (5 songs)
23 horas 45 minutos como mínimo · 1250e + vat

Full length album mixdown (10-12 songs)
23 horas 45 minutos como mínimo · 2500e + vat

Single song mastering
1 hora · 45e + vat

Ep mastering (5 songs)
5 horas · 180e + vat

Full length album mastering
10 horas · 450e + vat

he is not cheap.... but i dun't know a lot about Euros, in argentina is all in Dollars :oops:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

I'm curious about why Jari left the band for personal reasons. Its not like they asked him to go on a 9 month world tour...

But that's OK as long as the music is good. Will be interesting to see the Kickstarter response.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:06 pm

We waited this long for that?!? Ahhhh!!!

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm
I'm curious about why Jari left the band for personal reasons. Its not like they asked him to go on a 9 month world tour...

But that's OK as long as the music is good. Will be interesting to see the Kickstarter response.
I'd completely forgotten about Jari's involvement :lol:

But I never thought he wanted to be part of the project, it was clearly a ploy to get the album talked about, as always :roll:

About the project: I'm not interested and I don't think the album will ever be released, at least on Kickstarter, but yeah, let's see.
Atm both production and music are fucked up :lol:
Motha-faka wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm
Pancio wrote:

Poor turilli, he recorded in 7 different studios including germany and the album was a failure... this was the end of Alessandro conti with Turilli. ???

about Matias, his Prices are in his facebook.

Guitar lesson 60mins
1 hora · 75e + vat
In person or thru skype

Single song mixdown
8 horas · 250e + vat

Ep Mixdown (5 songs)
23 horas 45 minutos como mínimo · 1250e + vat

Full length album mixdown (10-12 songs)
23 horas 45 minutos como mínimo · 2500e + vat

Single song mastering
1 hora · 45e + vat

Ep mastering (5 songs)
5 horas · 180e + vat

Full length album mastering
10 horas · 450e + vat

he is not cheap.... but i dun't know a lot about Euros, in argentina is all in Dollars :oops:
Interesting!
His prices are average, at least here in Europe, even cheaper than those of less credited people and I like it.
But yes, I can understand that 2500 euros for a complete mixdown can be perceived as "expensive" without a direct comparison with other examples.
But I'm sure that a lot also depends on the complexity of the project and that the price refers to a normal song: the mixdown of a song like Elysium takes hours and hours and, certainly, would go over budget.
Mixing an AC-DC track is definitely "easier" than mixing a Devin Townsend track or certain progressive bands like Periphery or Symphony X :oops:

About LT's Rhapsody, well, I know Conti very well: he lives 20 minutes from my house and he is a cool guy and also an excellent tattoo artist.
We talked briefly a couple of times, after gigs, and I often saw him in Modena and what can I say? I prefer him over Lione everyday both as a singer and as a human being.
When Turilli parted from him and Landenburg, telling everyone that he no longer is interested in "metal" but in Adele, Muse and so on I was like: "Okay, that's for money since the reunion tour with was a blast".
And, OMG, Turilli/Lione Rhapsody happened :lol:

But I don't care, I'm not interested in that kind of music anymore and I don't like Rhapsody, I prefer Blind Guardian.
I'm sad for Alle but he is a professional and his career is still fantastic with Trick or Treat and Twilight Force, who cares about Turilli? :lol:

You know what is even stranger? Conti is 20 minutes from my home, Michele Luppi is 20 minutes and Giacomo Voli is half an hour, maybe 40 minutes, from my home and both Luppi and Voli are from Reggio Emilia while Conti is from Modena, the province next to Reggio (actually from Sassuolo, right on the border).
Something went wrong in my case :roll:
Last edited by Pancio on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

robocop

Post by robocop » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 pm

I love that conti dude. Especially his work in trick or treat. Awesome sense of humor with their music videos and songs!

ZenithMC

Post by ZenithMC » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am

Pancio wrote:
Really? I thought the production was fantastic. They really nailed the drum production, in my opinion; clear & powerful. The rhythm guitar was too low and vocals too high in the mix, though. Bass guitar was also slightly too low; a bit hard to hear. Other than that, nothing really annoyed me about the mix.

From a compositional standpoint, I thought the song was decent. My expectations were very low for this project, so this surprised me in some ways.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of liked this! I'm in shock. :shock: