Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Stratovarius karaokes for fans!

Poll ended at Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:13 pm

you like the Idea of stratovarius Karaokes?
83%
You dislike Stratovarius Karaokes?
No votes
Sorry, is my form of promote my job, i will do it the same, la la la
17%

Total votes: 6

Motha-faka
Re: Stratovarius Karaokes promoting my work

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 pm

weird mixing session I got with this song! but hey, it wasn't as terrible as "Fright Night" yes, it was more complex than "The hands of time" and this song, but it also didn't follow the original, I made it more complex on my own! I have that flaw, always more complex but not over-processed, I've seen other engineers who put 6 or 7 plugins per instrument or voices, another 6 or 7 per channel buss and then everything sounds so over-processed and artificial that when you see the artist or the band live, you can't do it believe how the performance slump suffers, making it look nothing like the album. That happens a lot in America and in popular music. :err:

tomorrow day of mastering and video making! I have made several changes to the videos, more professionals, logo, animations and more !!
Tomorrow all the new things that I have been creating in a matter of videos will be released! :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Now I am trying to "create" different emotions in the songs, which is difficult because I am alone in this, I am doing everything. ???

Mix: equalization with different emotions in each part of the songs. :err:

Mastering: It's always the same, it's more mechanical than mixing :zzz:

in this case I tried to make the introductory part, where the acoustic guitar comes out, sound cold, as if timo tolkki were inside your refrigerator or playing the guitar naked in siberia :shud:

I did it? No idea, since I do everything, there are things that pass me by. Do you want to comment? That would help ... :)

Stratovarius - Tears of Ice without voices :mrgreen:

Stratovarius - tears of Ice with Voices :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:38 pm

and now, what am I going to do? more for fans of stratovarius, why ?, ok, why do I have to start with something right? If I do everything together and for everyone, not only will I be overloaded with work, I will not have enough time but also, there is so much music in the world that I will never be able to please everyone, not counting that Metal friends have the good head to put complete scores, I already happened to Bon Jovi who was a disaster, all without finishing. >=(

METAL!! and that is what many seek, things that no one ever did and do well. :err:

a song of "Fourth dimmension" half metal,powermetal half time, with a complexity in the voices that will give me a certain headache, although nobody wants to hear me sing, but I will continue doing the two versions because I also have to practice how to produce voices!

the song goes like this: :mrgreen:

Once again I tried to make things work
Facing all the power of society
Searching all the answers of the life
I'll never make it on my own

what? You have no idea? God! that means you like reggaeton !! :red:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:09 pm

hi, what happened to this project? Against ...... blah blah blah .... is the name, that if you look at the photo closely, you will know what the song is about. :roll:
1. Surely the drummer Tuomo lassila used two hihat on this album. since there are two different mixes of hihat, and I made only one because I used only one hihat :?

2. This album was mixed by timo tolkki, it shows that he is more careless than the rest since the guitar solos are not centered, I think he did something more direct and without much automation :err:

3. I had to recompose part of the guitars that were missing in the score >=(

4. On the bass track there was a hole, leaving no bass base in a key section of the song and as in metal, the bass is important, because they give a lot of support to the kick drum and the guitar, in the mix it its absence is very evident, so I had to recompose part of the bass as well. >=( >=(

The mix is ​​almost ready, in this time add more punch in general and strong bass since it is powermetal. :headbang:

the mastering is according to the mix, eliminate frequencies, compression, limiter blah blah blah ... not as creative as the mix but it is also important, maybe it can give that extra punch that will make your metal friends jump :user:

I took more time on this? Yes, I rested a bit, and worked on what the score was missing, I also try to do everything more consciously and calmly to achieve better results, I think it works! :zzz:

Regarding mastering, I have the habit of not making it general, each song has a master according to what the music demands, I don't know what it likes more or not, a work that is equal throughout the album or that the album varies but everything sounds within I asked for it. ???

Surely that depends on what the artist has in mind, wanting a contiguous line of equal sound or that it is nuanced and that each song has its own personality. :rvd:

soon the song will be on youtube and with the two videos that they proposed, with voices and without voices. 8) :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:27 am

well, respect timo tolkki's automation, it sounds similar but with a different mastering quality, I think it's okay, I think it was creative and out of the ordinary, putting his own solo on one side and on the other the base of a keyboard with nothing special.

Tomorrow I make the video and upload it to youtube.

GOOD NIGHT Metal boys!! :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:47 pm

I had problems with the mix, the first one broke but I mixed everything again, I also improved the mastering and punch of the song. :mrgreen:

1. Better mastering, maybe now i can be more competitive :mrgreen:

2. the keyboard has a different sound but I couldn't find the right one, it's hard to copy the keyboard players exactly if they don't share their sound. :err:

they like? what do you think of the mastering? I improve or not, it is hard work but it is worth it, every time I improve more and study more as well, I do not stay alone with what my teachers told me, I always go further >=(

more analog toys, now sound more pro i think... :)

Stratovarius - Against the wind without voices :mrgreen:

Stratovarius - Against the wind with voices :red:

TELL ME!! TELL ME!!. well, if this a metalhead insult, maybe not :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 am

StratoKiddos !! I have a last minute gossip, the great trick of Matias Kupiainen when he records guitars, as I know ?, because just the brother's band, who is a drummer of the Aerion Band, a video was sparked, which is old but fair As I pass I focus on Matias Kupiainen's guitar, that means they use the 5by5 studio! hahaha !! And since the video did not escape me, I just saw how the guitarist of the band Aerion recorded the guitar, or something like that. :D

When matias kupiainen says, "I Record 6 layers of guitar, you mean ...." activate the Recording of 6 simultaneous guitar tracks and record the guitar only once but multiplied by 6 times in pro tools in your case, and you can Do it in your favorite DAW !!, Well, how the hell does he do it ?, Simple !, if Matias records the guitar with microphones, he must use a microphone for each track, if Matias records by Line, configure tracks 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 to the audio output via Buss track to track 1 so that they all record at the same time! that's what I just saw in protools! and you can do it in your favorite DAW! :mrgreen:

In case of not having Many Microphones and terrible amplifiers like Matias Kupiainen :err:

1. the first track is the monitor output where you connect your guitar :mrgreen:

2. The other 5 tracks, the audio input is configured in a second input, surely your audio card should have more than one input and more than one output :mrgreen:

3. Always remember to always choose the same inputs of the 6 tracks and their output to monitors, that is, another independent output because it will saturate or couple everything! They can all be the same outputs, but they all have to have different inputs! , example, input 3 - 4 output 1-2 to stereo monitors. So you record the guitar 1 only time and in your DAW you duplicate it 6 times !! :w00t:

My next Song will be from the album "Episode" and it is .... SEEED .... SPEEED .... SPEEED OF LIGHT !!, BUT ALREADY RECORDED TO THE MATIAS KUPIAINEN trick!!! :mrgreen: :beer:

And I'm going crazy with fucking guitars !!! >=(

here they have the trick !! for me it's great since I don't know a damn thing about guitars !!, I was going crazy duplicating the fucking guitars! >=(

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:52 am

Metal friends, I think this new stage of my production is becoming insanely extensive, REALLY STRATOVARIUS DOES A COMPLEX WORK IN ITS PRODUCTION! Now I will have to divide everything into sessions, especially for guitars! I think I will record 1 guitar multiplied by 6 times, as matias kupiainen does, is a terrible exaggeration, but it makes it sound good, at least in its mix. I made up to 4 guitars, and my tongue was already on the floor!

Really. Now, What do have I do:
1. drumming session
1. Bass and guitar session (the most fucked up session of all)
1. keyboard session
perform a music demo for the voices
1. vocal and chorus session (All fuck to one single person)
1 mixing session
1 mastering session

jobs apart from music
A) create the video in 2 versions
B) manage all social networks, serve the "fans or followers" who send me a thousand messages per day

I think everything is going to hell, or I take more time for everything, I organize myself as if it were a company, or I end up doing shit after shit

I can't wait for this to bring me more good things, so I just mix or master, delegating work to other people because I think it's a lot for me alone ...

I also want to say that I am about to achieve 3000 followers on facebook in just 42 DAYS! December until today

What can you tell me about it? Any ideas? Anything that you want to say or criticize to clarify my ideas? It is good that you intervene, I do not realize much why I am involved in this, but you do not, you see things clearer than I do :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:10 pm

Dear StratoFans, Metal music Lovers, Musicians and Music Producers, if you are really reading what I write.

First we should analyze the song in question, it is a Stratovarius speed metal, called "Speed ​​of Light", it does not reach 4 minutes, they are only drums, bass, keyboard, 3 guitars or that is what you hear, backing vocals and lead vocals, but I found out that the band, more precisely produced by matias kupiainen, multiplied tracks, resulting in a huge amount of tracks and a monstrous mixing session.

I thought, ok, we are going to follow the famous and we are going to try to do the same, my result was insane too, 58 tracks of only music of a song that sounds basically simple, I don't want to imagine when I finish with Stratovarius and do Rhapsody of fire !

Here is a photo of a mixed demo for the vocals and choirs session! this goes close to 100 tracks and keep in mind that I'm not about to record the first voice!

Comment, I want to know if this is an exaggeration or it seems normal to you, it goes without saying that I try to duplicate the tracks as little as possible because later it gets complicated with the mix and brings its consequences!

Tomorrow the vocal session and later, do the final mixing and mastering !, I think it will sound very good, the demo is not bad at all in my opinion!

Afetr to speak with Robocop in facebook, I'm not sure in what i'm doing with the guitars, maybe i need choice differents amps, in my situation, Guitar ring :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:18 am

this is the video that i see

Any idea?, maybe he is using multiples amps?, recording the guitars i did it... but not in diffrenet sound, i can add differents amps in buss channel and make it sound all differents...

opinions?

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 am

Standard Power Metal is pretty easy.

Usually there are 2 rhythmic guitars: left and right, but it's useless to duplicate the same track unless you're going to change something between the two.
Sometimes you can have another couple of guitars with different amps/mics/cabs but that's it.
Usually there are also a couple guitars for soloing: main and harmonized.
Other instruments are pretty easy too, nothing complicated: one track of bass, a bounced multitrack for drums and keys depending on the project.
Vocals can vary a lot: a main vocalist and three/four tracks of choirs are more than enough.

In the end? 4/6 for guitars, 16 for drums (bounced in 1), one for bass, 3/4 for keys and 5 for vocals = 32 tracks = 8/12 bounced tracks.

Speed of Light is even easier just like every other standard Power Metal song but, on the other hand, Elysium is huge as fuck mixing-wise (450/500 tracks).
Screenshot_20210114_005533.jpg
Last edited by Ludwig Van Beethoven on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:12 am

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 am
Standard Power Metal is pretty easy.

Usually there are 2 rhythmic guitars: left and right, but it's useless to duplicate the same track unless you're going to change something between the two.
Sometimes you can have another couple of guitars with different amps/mics/cabs but that's it.
Usually there are also a couple guitars for soloing: main and harmonized.
Other instruments are pretty easy too, nothing complicated: one track of bass, a bounced multitrack for drums and keys depending on the project.
Vocals can vary a lot: a main vocalist and three/four tracks of choirs are more than enough.

In the end? 4/6 for guitars, 16 for drums (bounced in 1), one for bass, 3/4 for keys and 5 for vocals = 32 tracks = 8/12 bounced tracks.

Speed of Light is even easier just like every other standard Power Metal but, on the other hand, Elysium is huge as fuck mixing-wise (450/500 tracks).

Screenshot_20210114_005533.jpg
wow thanks... i need start to delete guitars?, maybe i need add some new Stereo toys tricks to make the mix more huge... I was confused becouse i see the video and they are recording 5 guitars in software.... of course, with a amps tower and racks!

ok, I do it as always but with stereo games, maybe this will satisface my madness :err:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 pm

This time I sacrifice a little volume for the dynamics of the song so that it has more expression. Although it is Speed metal, I was in the great contradiction of every sound engineer who makes metal, volume high or dynamics in the song? This time I go to dynamics since not always having a high or extreme volume is synonymous of a good mix in terms of guitars, they could be better, I'm not a guitarist and well, here you have the result of not being a guitarist. Hope you like!! :mrgreen:

problems?, yes with the guitars, as always, not overloud guitars in the score, and maybe i did a disaster why i dont have idea the guitar interval.

in some parts the guitar sound flat?, yes sound Flat :err:

Stratovarius - Speed of Light without voices

Stratovarius - Speed of Light with voices

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm

now it's time for another stratovarius hit, BLACK DIAMOND !, from the visions album.

Luckily they started to react on my YouTube channel !! You are seeing that I make productions that I did not do before beyond the originals!

My facebook page grows day after day with more than 3123 followers in less than 2 months !!

and Mr. Beethoven made me think, I managed to have more guitar options, I have the sound of a gibson les paul and a elite fender Stratocaster! Now I am going to be able to make guitars better!

Image yes, is green :lol:

yes, two strange guitars.... maybe mixing both sounds i will got a nice guitar sound :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Dear metalheads, I want to announce that Facebook has just thrown a "Facebook Business" page through my head, it seems that Mark Zukerberg thinks I am a company or a recording studio famous for giving it to me! Just for a small sum, Facebook advertises me, if not, it doesn't charge me anything. How the hell did this happen? I have no idea. The question is that now I appear as an entrepreneur in the eyes of Facebook and my followers, thanks to my productions on stratovarius? IS so MIRACULOUS STRATOVARIUS ?!, I'M GOING TO END MASTERIZING TIMO TOLKKI?!, PANCIO WOULD NOT ALLOW IT :mrgreen: :err: :lol:

I WAS REQUIRED TO PUT MY WHATSAPP, WHICH WANTS TO CONTACT ME BY PRIVATE IS ON "BUSINESS FACEBOOK"

ALSO IN A FEW WEEKS THEY CORRECTED MY NAME, THEY SAID THAT

MY ADDRESS NO LONGER BECAUSE I THINK IT IS DANGEROUS AND I HAVE MY RETIRED PARENTS WHO ARE SCARED easy :err: :mrgreen:

ROBOCOP says my destiny is to master timo tolkki :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAINT STRATOVARIUS! A.....MEN!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:46 am

Motha-faka wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:40 pm
How the hell did this happen?
You answered to your own question:
Motha-faka wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:40 pm
Just for a small sum, Facebook advertises me, if not, it doesn't charge me anything.
they want your moneys :err: :shock:

Nevertheless it got to be a sign of success!
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Well, except for the background strings that jens johansson made at the end, very subtle, it's very good, I think, that detail didn't even cross my mind and it didn't appear in the score either. but hey, since I have the "EAR MUSIC" label on my heels very closely every time I upload a video about stratovarius. It is good that it is not exactly the same, because otherwise they can penalize me for copyright theft, Thank God I still have a green flag and in many countries it is monetized, but for that there is a lot to do and achieve the perfect balance between my productions and EAR MUSIC.

hope you like!

Stratovarius - Black Diamond without vocals

Stratovarius - Black Diamond with vocals

PS: Improve the production a little more, now it sounds very clear thanks to the new developed technique and the new mastering :mrgreen:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Ohhhhhh! You monetize your karaokes? :shock:

I would really love to hear someone use these and record the whole song singing. Tolkki would use your service. Only you'd have to work for free. :D

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 pm

robocop wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 pm

I would really love to hear someone use these and record the whole song singing. Tolkki would use your service. Only you'd have to work for free. :D
well, not in the whole world, I mean, half the world is for ear music and the other half is for me, according to YouTube, only if I win something in the distant future, because I have a long way to go, part of what I get EAR music takes it monetarily. :err: :shock:
With regard to Timo Tolkki, you do know how to give hope to people, Robo, if you were a psychologist, all your patients would commit suicide :lol:

robocop

Post by robocop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 pm
robocop wrote:

well, not in the whole world, I mean, half the world is for ear music and the other half is for me, according to YouTube, only if I win something in the distant future, because I have a long way to go, part of what I get EAR music takes it monetarily. :err: :shock:
With regard to Timo Tolkki, you do know how to give hope to people, Robo, if you were a psychologist, all your patients would commit suicide :lol:
I am a asschologist and deal with asses all day
Just make a new account and advertise to tolkki. Or get his email.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:32 pm

robocop wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 pm
Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 pm
robocop wrote:

I am a asschologist and deal with asses all day
Just make a new account and advertise to tolkki. Or get his email.
I don't think Timo Tolkki is interested, after I erased myself for telling him that he was fat. Besides, I don't know, if it is a problem as you say it is, I think that will cost me a headache, although Mastering is much easier than mixing, but if all the projects fail, I don't think it will lead to nobody.

And yes, if people already professional contact me, more than once I will have to negotiate my service, they will want to get more for less, that is the price that must be paid for not being famous and just starting in this.

The same thing happened to me when I received my degree as a computer technician, with a degree and everything had to start with little until I had years of career.

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Dear metalheads, friends from facebook and from more social networks in general, as you know I am always looking to continue progressing and I found out, reviewing the cds in my box of cds, that timo tolkki used 3 different guitars to record, a gibson, an ibanez and an ESP, because I just got the powerful sound of an 8-string Ibanez, which is added to the fender stratocaster and the gibson les paul. Will they sound more powerful together? I hope so, since the following karaokes will be more cared for beyond mixing and mastering, it is a very heavy job since producing everything being a single person is very hard, more so if it is one international band like stratovarius, but hey, I have to start with something, and I started with stratovarius, today it's been 2 months since I decided to do all this, I hope things go well and that everyone enjoys my work! :mrgreen:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:22 pm

2 months of karaokes!!! :shock: :luv1:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:13 pm

F L A V I O I S G O D
L.L
A...A
V......V
I.........I
O..........O
I..............I
S...............S
G................G
O..................O
D....................D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Flavio, why don't you create a Facebook page to share your work and checking how many "interactions" happen?
You could also open an Instagram page and a website with prices and stuff!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm
Flavio, why don't you create a Facebook page to share your work and checking how many "interactions" happen?
You could also open an Instagram page and a website with prices and stuff!
I have 2 facebooks, one standard and other fan site or business facebook. the standart i did it and have 3371 and counting and one facebook business that im doing invitations but slowly,i'm trying to not put me obsessed with social nets

Normal facebook is:

https://www.facebook.com/flavio.ontivero

Fan facebook or business facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/FlavioOntivero80

my instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/flavioontivero/

i need keep calm in this, i have only 2 month in this

about webpage yes, but i need win more money to pay a webpage, all in in dollars and here the dollar is very expensive :~(

I can do a free web page but the URL is a shit... is not the same

you all are welcome, Dear metalheads friends!! :mrgreen:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:16 am

Well, the summary of this production? generally ok, the chorus cost a lot, but I did it, the chorus only plays a REb5 !! Never trust something that because they like it they think they get it easy, when you analyze it more carefully you realize that it is more complex than what you hear without analyzing. :lol:
As I already told my friends on my social networks, this is a new version with mixed, digital and analog sound mixed, the first version was all digital and the video was simpler, now it is more professional. Over time I'm going to replace all karaoke with digital sound with these new ones and I will also add the version without voices, just as my metalheads friends suggested! :D

be healthy, take care of covid-19 and listen to metal! :mrgreen:

Stratovarius 4000 Rainy Nights without voices

Stratovarius 4000 Rainy Night with voices

Comments, suggestions, Insults or Timo Tolkki Fights are welcome :err: :lol:

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:43 pm

https://flavio-ontivero.weebly.com

Well, this is the project of my website, that if everything goes well, soon I will buy a professional URL, and more space, to start it is fine, like beethoven recommended this and it seemed like a good idea

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am

One small step for Flavio, one giant leap for mankind. :)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:20 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am
One small step for Flavio, one giant leap for mankind. :)
Thanks bro for your support :mrgreen:

Really you all make me happy. :mrgreen:

i change a bit of the order of the next song, i did much tolkki songs and sometimes i need a fresh air.

Of course and in time line, is the turn of INFINITE ALBUM. one karaoke that not exist in the music world AND THE MOST IMPORTANT, IS NOT HIGH... YOU CAN SING IT WITHOUT PROBLEMS!! :shock:

one song of ......

PFFFF!!! i bet that you know it!! is a frenetic POWERMETAL, now will recorded with 3 differents guitar sound and i will try make a huge sound why the powermetal need it, ok, i'm better in mastering.... by that i told about the huge sound.... :mrgreen:

GLORY!!!.... GLORY....!!! I BET THAT YOU KNOW IT.... :mrgreen: