Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Just heard the first single of their forthcoming album.
The video is pure shit, but the song itself gives me some classic Rhapsody vibes.

I recommend listening to it without watching the video.

http://youtu.be/__6VtmQxsg0

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:02 pm

It will never be the same without Luca.

Image

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4556
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Epstein didn't kill himself

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 am

After Power of the Dragon Flame they haven't been the same. It used to be my favorite band back then but their new music just doesn't grow on me. It doesn't catch. :cry:

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:09 am

Listen to symphony of the enchanted lands, then listen to this.

Image

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:01 pm

I agree it's not the same, but I do have the Power of The Dragonflame vibe in the chorus of this song.

The weakest part of the band these days is Fabio imo. His English is worse than ever.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4556
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Epstein didn't kill himself

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:30 am

rikkertje wrote:I agree it's not the same, but I do have the Power of The Dragonflame vibe in the chorus of this song.

The weakest part of the band these days is Fabio imo. His English is worse than ever.
Fabio's been able to retain his voice after all these years, though. I think the weakest part of this band is that it doesn't have Luca.

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:43 am

Rise, rise, rise, mighty flavio RISE!!


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

Stratowarius 3.0
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Stratowarius 3.0 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:51 am

:roll: Not funny!

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Motha-faka » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:05 am

Image

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:06 am


User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:49 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
rikkertje wrote:I agree it's not the same, but I do have the Power of The Dragonflame vibe in the chorus of this song.

The weakest part of the band these days is Fabio imo. His English is worse than ever.
Fabio's been able to retain his voice after all these years, though. I think the weakest part of this band is that it doesn't have Luca.
I don't miss Luca. It was obvious that Alex wanted to make the power-metal music inspired by the earlier albums, while Luca wanted to continue in the more grand, epic, symphonic style.

I always preferred Rhapsody pre-SOEL2. The Emerald Sword Saga was the best mix between metal and orchestra for me. And that's what I hear in the chorus of Into The Legend. The male choir backing vocals, the melodies, it gives me good old Rhapsody vibes. :D

And about Fabio, I don't like how he sings the verses of this new song. The semi-aggressive growling voice. He does that with almost every song when performing live these days. Not my cup of tea; it sounds so forced and fake.

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 am

Image

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:16 pm

<object width="460" height="315">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFLla1F0T4U?ve ... p;hl=es_ES">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFLla1F0T4U?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="40" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
</object>

sound like this one

THE DIFERENCE IS THAT ALEX ARE HORNY WITH GIRL CHOIRS AS TIMO TOLKKI AND THE POST PRODUCTION IS DIFERENT.... IS MORE SMOOTH

THIS IS A GAY POST PRODUCTION!! :x :lol:

Image

TO YOU, WITH LOVE, THE SICILIAN VENDETTA :x

CAPISCE? :lol:

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:28 am

There is something missing in the last two albums, and that is Luca's musical input. You can tell from the cadences in Into The Legend's chorus that it's Alex's musical choices. What bothers me is that it sounds like it *wants* to replicate old Rhapsody, but it lacks all the symphonic cheese that helped make those albums so good. Where is the experimentation? Where is that progressive, tasty goodness like on Beyond the Gates of Infinity?

I'm hoping the rest of the album has some stronger melodies and more symphonics but who knows. I thought Dark Wings was okay but far from the band's best - but a lot of 'comeback' albums are like that, or albums that are released after a key band member's departure.

We'll see. I'm still excited.

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Motha-faka » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:01 am

Now you understand why i never wanted compose music in a band. All start to fight by a stupid song.... :lol:

To me is nice sing and the post production more nice to sing now. :D

A lot fuckers hit me by that why they said " YOU , RETARD SICILIAN! YOU ARE A CLASSICAL TENOR AND WANT DO POST PRODUCTION!!! GLORY!! OR DIE!!!!" :?

BUT REALLY, I'M TIRED TO FIGHT WITH EGOS AND FEELS BAD STUFF, i want make happy people with my post production and all happy, i dont will be the problematic factor of a group :D

I think that alex and lucca go the fucking hell with all this shit.... :cry:

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by robocop656 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:38 am

Post one song that isnt a cover song you just didn't copy and paste the midi and yodel over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Motha-faka » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:36 pm

robocop656 wrote:Post one song that isnt a cover song you just didn't copy and paste the midi and yodel over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahah you are right! :lol:


sorry, but the most insane vocalist is me, this is not midi, kid :lol:

Image

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:07 pm

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A

While I definitely wasn't a fan of Dark Wings Of Steel, these snippets make me really curious about Into The Legend. It sounds like Power of The Dragonflame and Triumph or Agony had a baby. My two favorite RoF albums! The snippets also reveal that the rest of the album is really better than that lead single the band put out.

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:55 am

rikkertje wrote:http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A

While I definitely wasn't a fan of Dark Wings Of Steel, these snippets make me really curious about Into The Legend. It sounds like Power of The Dragonflame and Triumph or Agony had a baby. My two favorite RoF albums! The snippets also reveal that the rest of the album is really better than that lead single the band put out.
I do like that the female vocals are the same baroque style singing - traditional Rhapsody sound.

It sounds like this album has more speed than the last one. There is some really fast playing here, and the snippets have sounds spanning the Rhapsody era - I hear touches of Dawn of Victory, Dragonflame, Triumph, and Dark Wings throughout the trailer. Although the keyboards still sound very restricted, not journeying far outside of string sounds. It's been a noticeable loss in the sonic landscape since they came back with Frozen Tears. I do not much like Alex's modern 'stripped down' approach to keyboards. Oh, well.

Looking forward to this...

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A

While I definitely wasn't a fan of Dark Wings Of Steel, these snippets make me really curious about Into The Legend. It sounds like Power of The Dragonflame and Triumph or Agony had a baby. My two favorite RoF albums! The snippets also reveal that the rest of the album is really better than that lead single the band put out.
I do like that the female vocals are the same baroque style singing - traditional Rhapsody sound.

It sounds like this album has more speed than the last one. There is some really fast playing here, and the snippets have sounds spanning the Rhapsody era - I hear touches of Dawn of Victory, Dragonflame, Triumph, and Dark Wings throughout the trailer. Although the keyboards still sound very restricted, not journeying far outside of string sounds. It's been a noticeable loss in the sonic landscape since they came back with Frozen Tears. I do not much like Alex's modern 'stripped down' approach to keyboards. Oh, well.

Looking forward to this...
It brings me back to the old rhapsody days. Back in the day Alex only played some harpsichord, pipe organ and piano sounds, with the occasional synth solo. Most of the strings are actually real strings.

The other thing I really like on this trailer is the mix. For me Dark Wings Of Steel sounded badly mixed. The symphony sounds were way too loud, there was a lack of guitar and the drums sounded like a toy drum kit. This time around it seems they put 1000% more effort in the album overall.

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Motha-faka » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Im curious now, what is a good mix to you all, metal heads

why all the critics that i read, say that the most huge bullshits in the metal engineers are the drums.

all sound as a chaskyboom, but as i don't have idea, and im a beginner, i want the opinion of one experimented sound engineer


Image

but i read a lot shits about Luca Turilly rhapsody too, all says that was recorded in multiple studios, germany included, and all says the album loose money, a lot month of "pro" studios and die quicky.

DAAAAMMM!!!! so complex is be HONEST AND TALK THE TRUE TO YOU ALL??!!!!! :x


I'm training to be a whatever arnold lyne and his fat hide personality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by Rebel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Rebel wrote:Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
I don't agree. I do not really like Luca's Rhapsody anymore. It's just bombast to be bombastic.

And while I think Dark Wings Of Steel was a rushed album, I feel Into The Legend is going to be a fantastic album. Alex is definitely going back to the more speedy roots of the band. I like that quite a lot.

Judging by this:

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A
http://youtu.be/1ncc5eaSZbQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8tCDylgyY0

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:13 am

rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
I don't agree. I do not really like Luca's Rhapsody anymore. It's just bombast to be bombastic.

And while I think Dark Wings Of Steel was a rushed album, I feel Into The Legend is going to be a fantastic album. Alex is definitely going back to the more speedy roots of the band. I like that quite a lot.

Judging by this:

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A
http://youtu.be/1ncc5eaSZbQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8tCDylgyY0
well for my part I do agree with rebel, while im not that fan of either the original rhapsody or what came after, I prefer going back to echanted lands and dawn of victory (that one is my favorite) that listening to this recent stuff, it just wayy to pretencious to the point it ceased to be fun, I think you have to sit down to listen to this music, but is rock and that isnt supposed to happen, so im confused by all the ¨cinematic¨ feel.
i want cinematic film music i go to see tarantino or whiplash or birdman...not this thing.
also the concept of glory, warrior, myths, etc seems a bit odd when so much shit is happening in the world, it feels disconnected
i can carry on blasting these guys..i realize now.
A9

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by fuck » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:59 am

Manowar in thongs are my favorite things besides rhapsody of fire.
Image

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:33 am

adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
I don't agree. I do not really like Luca's Rhapsody anymore. It's just bombast to be bombastic.

And while I think Dark Wings Of Steel was a rushed album, I feel Into The Legend is going to be a fantastic album. Alex is definitely going back to the more speedy roots of the band. I like that quite a lot.

Judging by this:

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A
http://youtu.be/1ncc5eaSZbQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8tCDylgyY0
well for my part I do agree with rebel, while im not that fan of either the original rhapsody or what came after, I prefer going back to echanted lands and dawn of victory (that one is my favorite) that listening to this recent stuff, it just wayy to pretencious to the point it ceased to be fun, I think you have to sit down to listen to this music, but is rock and that isnt supposed to happen, so im confused by all the ¨cinematic¨ feel.
i want cinematic film music i go to see tarantino or whiplash or birdman...not this thing.
also the concept of glory, warrior, myths, etc seems a bit odd when so much shit is happening in the world, it feels disconnected
i can carry on blasting these guys..i realize now.
I find Luca to be way too pretentious these days.
Have you heard the snippets? I get the feeling that Into The Legend is going to be a return to the sound of pre-2004 Rhapsody.

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:27 am

rikkertje wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
I don't agree. I do not really like Luca's Rhapsody anymore. It's just bombast to be bombastic.

And while I think Dark Wings Of Steel was a rushed album, I feel Into The Legend is going to be a fantastic album. Alex is definitely going back to the more speedy roots of the band. I like that quite a lot.

Judging by this:

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A
http://youtu.be/1ncc5eaSZbQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8tCDylgyY0
well for my part I do agree with rebel, while im not that fan of either the original rhapsody or what came after, I prefer going back to echanted lands and dawn of victory (that one is my favorite) that listening to this recent stuff, it just wayy to pretencious to the point it ceased to be fun, I think you have to sit down to listen to this music, but is rock and that isnt supposed to happen, so im confused by all the ¨cinematic¨ feel.
i want cinematic film music i go to see tarantino or whiplash or birdman...not this thing.
also the concept of glory, warrior, myths, etc seems a bit odd when so much shit is happening in the world, it feels disconnected
i can carry on blasting these guys..i realize now.
I find Luca to be way too pretentious these days.
Have you heard the snippets? I get the feeling that Into The Legend is going to be a return to the sound of pre-2004 Rhapsody.
yeah i saw them , I think the movie prometheus really messed up lucas mind, and for alex band, i think is a bit better but not much., they havent released anything new right? ill check that out.
A9

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:29 am

fuck wrote:Manowar in thongs are my favorite things besides rhapsody of fire.
Image
hahaha i love manowar, this is supposed to be extremely manly, yet is a gay blueprint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I always have a laugh at manowar and I cant believe peole take it seriously, but joke aside I like some of their songs, just cant keep a straight face when looking at them (pun intended) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
A9

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:24 am

adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:Alex and Luca both kinda suck without each other.
I don't agree. I do not really like Luca's Rhapsody anymore. It's just bombast to be bombastic.

And while I think Dark Wings Of Steel was a rushed album, I feel Into The Legend is going to be a fantastic album. Alex is definitely going back to the more speedy roots of the band. I like that quite a lot.

Judging by this:

http://youtu.be/KO_hNc0n83A
http://youtu.be/1ncc5eaSZbQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8tCDylgyY0
well for my part I do agree with rebel, while im not that fan of either the original rhapsody or what came after, I prefer going back to echanted lands and dawn of victory (that one is my favorite) that listening to this recent stuff, it just wayy to pretencious to the point it ceased to be fun, I think you have to sit down to listen to this music, but is rock and that isnt supposed to happen, so im confused by all the ¨cinematic¨ feel.
i want cinematic film music i go to see tarantino or whiplash or birdman...not this thing.
also the concept of glory, warrior, myths, etc seems a bit odd when so much shit is happening in the world, it feels disconnected
i can carry on blasting these guys..i realize now.
I find Luca to be way too pretentious these days.
Have you heard the snippets? I get the feeling that Into The Legend is going to be a return to the sound of pre-2004 Rhapsody.
yeah i saw them , I think the movie prometheus really messed up lucas mind, and for alex band, i think is a bit better but not much., they havent released anything new right? ill check that out.
The new Rhapsody Of Fire album will be released in a week. January 15th. I can't wait for it.

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire - Into The Legend

Post by rikkertje » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:53 pm

http://youtu.be/zb6wtODL7os

Yep, they're back. :D

Post Reply