Post link to your band :: Let's share

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:24 pm

"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
stratorobbo
Sr. Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Somerset, U.K.
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by stratorobbo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Llageran wrote:The band I play in is called Sabaton. We're currently on tour with Edguy and Dragonforce. Oh, and I'm not there 'cause I had troubles to get time off from work. :?
Well our site is at http://www.sabaton.net
SABATON ARE AMAZING

....

they truely are, they're awesome, and i went to one of those gigs with you playing... but missed you cuz the queue was too long :/

that was fucking annoying

but meh
Through the Gates of Hell, as we make our way to heaven through the Nazi lines, PRIMO VICTORIA!!!

User avatar
stratorobbo
Sr. Member
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Somerset, U.K.
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by stratorobbo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:47 pm

Eerik wrote:My band Crystal Blaze, power metal with all kinds of genre twists.

http://www.crystal-blaze.com
great band :D
i love your sound
Through the Gates of Hell, as we make our way to heaven through the Nazi lines, PRIMO VICTORIA!!!

Eerik
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:04 pm

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Eerik » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:28 pm

stratorobbo wrote:
Eerik wrote:My band Crystal Blaze, power metal with all kinds of genre twists.

http://www.crystal-blaze.com
great band :D
i love your sound
Thanks! :) Remember to check our new demo, should be online in the next few days... Really cool material coming up, I can tell you that!

Llageran
Sr. Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Llageran » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:07 am

stratorobbo wrote:
Llageran wrote:The band I play in is called Sabaton. We're currently on tour with Edguy and Dragonforce. Oh, and I'm not there 'cause I had troubles to get time off from work. :?
Well our site is at http://www.sabaton.net
SABATON ARE AMAZING

....

they truely are, they're awesome, and i went to one of those gigs with you playing... but missed you cuz the queue was too long :/

that was fucking annoying

but meh
I think we're coming back to the UK some time.
I guess we didn't get enough time to leave a good impression there, even though we got good response. Hard to get through if you only get to play 15-20 minutes.

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:13 am

Llageran wrote:
stratorobbo wrote:
Llageran wrote:The band I play in is called Sabaton. We're currently on tour with Edguy and Dragonforce. Oh, and I'm not there 'cause I had troubles to get time off from work. :?
Well our site is at http://www.sabaton.net
SABATON ARE AMAZING

....

they truely are, they're awesome, and i went to one of those gigs with you playing... but missed you cuz the queue was too long :/

that was fucking annoying

but meh
I think we're coming back to the UK some time.
I guess we didn't get enough time to leave a good impression there, even though we got good response. Hard to get through if you only get to play 15-20 minutes.
That would be cool, but yeah playing 20 minutes certainly isn't enough.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ1u7ssVM-8

Another live video, somewhat better quality and with funky 3-camera views!

This one is 'A Secret Once Forgotten'.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

BLACK_WINGS
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:14 am
Location: Ferrara, Italy
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by BLACK_WINGS » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:29 am

I'VE VISITED ALMOST ALL OF THE LINKS I SAW ON THIS PAGE, YOU'RE ALL VERY COOL GUYS, KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!! NOW YOU MUST VISIT www.myspace.com/blackwingsmusic ...WE'RE AN ITALIAN BAND, WE PLAY A LOT IN OUR COUNTRY AND NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE A CONCERT IN LONDON, AT RUSKIN ARMS... YOU MUST ADD TO OUR BLOG AS FRIENDS ON MYSPACE..AND WE WILL DO THE SAME! KEEP ON ROCKIN'! UP TO STRATOVARIUS! LAURI PORRA RULES
P.S.: DO YOU KNOW ANY LABEL OR BIG MANAGEMENT AGENCY?
FOR ANY INFORMATION MAIL ME AT blackwinged87@libero.it ...STAY HEAVY!
VISIT www.myspace.com/blackwingsmusic
GREAT MUSIC ON LINE!!!

User avatar
StratoÄijä
Sr. Member
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Rovaniemi, Finland

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by StratoÄijä » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:46 am

BLACK_WINGS wrote:I'VE VISITED ALMOST ALL OF THE LINKS I SAW ON THIS PAGE, YOU'RE ALL VERY COOL GUYS, KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!! NOW YOU MUST VISIT www.myspace.com/blackwingsmusic ...WE'RE AN ITALIAN BAND, WE PLAY A LOT IN OUR COUNTRY AND NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE A CONCERT IN LONDON, AT RUSKIN ARMS... YOU MUST ADD TO OUR BLOG AS FRIENDS ON MYSPACE..AND WE WILL DO THE SAME! KEEP ON ROCKIN'! UP TO STRATOVARIUS! LAURI PORRA RULES
P.S.: DO YOU KNOW ANY LABEL OR BIG MANAGEMENT AGENCY?
FOR ANY INFORMATION MAIL ME AT blackwinged87@libero.it ...STAY HEAVY!
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CAPSLOCK EVERYTHING!!
Winter - The realm of eternal ice
Snowfall and darkness descends upon the vales of time
Distant caress of the sun's fading light
The lands were painted white with the Winter's might

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:35 pm

StratoÄijä wrote:
BLACK_WINGS wrote:I'VE VISITED ALMOST ALL OF THE LINKS I SAW ON THIS PAGE, YOU'RE ALL VERY COOL GUYS, KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!! NOW YOU MUST VISIT www.myspace.com/blackwingsmusic ...WE'RE AN ITALIAN BAND, WE PLAY A LOT IN OUR COUNTRY AND NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE A CONCERT IN LONDON, AT RUSKIN ARMS... YOU MUST ADD TO OUR BLOG AS FRIENDS ON MYSPACE..AND WE WILL DO THE SAME! KEEP ON ROCKIN'! UP TO STRATOVARIUS! LAURI PORRA RULES
P.S.: DO YOU KNOW ANY LABEL OR BIG MANAGEMENT AGENCY?
FOR ANY INFORMATION MAIL ME AT blackwinged87@libero.it ...STAY HEAVY!
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO CAPSLOCK EVERYTHING!!
YES, I MUST SAY IT CAN BE DISORIENTATING.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
iron_thunder
Sr. Member
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada!
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by iron_thunder » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:14 pm

live video for "the approaching storm"

uhh unfortunately in the process of ripping it got a little out of sync, so the music and video are slightly off :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7NKGv1N3k
_______________________________
In the Hour of Thunder,
Clare B.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine
SIGN UP FOR THE SACRED EMBRACE NEWSLETTER, DAMNIT!!

_______________________________

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:39 am

Edit: well, it's coming up nicely. Quitarist already joined the party.

Is it hard to make a band if you don't know any good instrumet players?

I so love singing, i,m so interested in making a band, i,m a fin, my name is T.K, i would sing powermetal, The name would be: Silentica.

i think it's just time of the third...thing.
You know, Stratovarius was made in 86, Sonata Arctica was 96, now its 2006, it's time for a new band.

And i'm ready.


Heh, sounds like a movie track.
edit: i have some nice ideas and lyrics too, pleez say something, i really would like to do this, althrough i only need to begin it now, and i,m only 16, i think that making album could take that three years, as i'm just a beginner.

everything just, would go so similarly, take a look and review Strato/Sonata first album release times, or just anything, Sonata's singer is Tony Kakko, Strato's is Timo Kotipelto, and i am Toni Koskimäki, see.

edit: i had to post this here, i could do anything else for the band other than play instruments.

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777035
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:47 pm

exe knight wrote:You know, Stratovarius was made in 86, Sonata Arctica was 96, now its 2006, it's time for a new band.
You have to be quick now.. :D
Spamming is serious business!
--------------------------------------------
...le daremos tiempo al tiempo,
él nos dirá que sucede...
...aunque no quiera la vida
si he de vivir sin tu amor...

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:25 am

Be quick or be dead!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:37 am

I just noticed that Stratovarius (black water) was actually made in 85, so that means that if sonata (tricky beans/means) was made in 96, then i have to make my band in 07!.

ok, the name is nearly decided, i think that we will start with the name "revolt" and then later change to, i don't know yet, but my best choice right now is "Synchro Zenith".

By the way, i have already over 20 songs written :wink:

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 am

by the way, what kind of themes would you like on songs? if i happen to get forvard on this thing. so far i have them tell about, war, feelings, future of mankind, and some strange things that can't be said what they are about.

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777035
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Wikipedia tells that Stratovarius was founded in 1984.
Spamming is serious business!
--------------------------------------------
...le daremos tiempo al tiempo,
él nos dirá que sucede...
...aunque no quiera la vida
si he de vivir sin tu amor...

MattK
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by MattK » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:01 am

www.myspace.com/twilightrising
www.soundclick.com/twilightrising

Here's my band (with only one member!) Twilight Rising!

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:23 am

Dave wrote:Wikipedia tells that Stratovarius was founded in 1984.
WTF!?!?

Someone must have messed with the site, how does Stratovarius get suddenly year older once in a while? soon it's made at the 83.

Let's just see if we can see day when strato is as old as the world itself.

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by stratobabius » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:25 am

It's a copypaste from the site so, it can only be true. sad,no?

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:32 am

kind of sad, now if i want to stay on the "prophecy" i need to wait until next year, then it will be 12 between...

aww i hate waiting, i hope this is just some bad dream....no no i have some work to do before i go sleeping.

User avatar
stratobabius
Sr. Member
Posts: 4066
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by stratobabius » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:34 am

Why don't find any band that is big that was made in 1972? If there isn't any you can do as you like probably.

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:50 am

stratobabius wrote:Why don't find any band that is big that was made in 1972? If there isn't any you can do as you like probably.
You mean that if there isn't a great finnish metal band made there which name was changed from the first one into one that begins with S and which singer is these days T.K, i should give up on the thing? no no, that would break the coolness in the thing, there would be four bands them (if including me) and three fits much better on such things.

If it was made in 94 so be it, i'll do everything to fulfill that...thing!

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:26 am

Fuckingly i noticed when I tried to record my singing that my voice sucks, really badly, seems i have to train it for rest of the year...

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777035
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Everybody thinks that when he hears his recorded voice for the first time.
Spamming is serious business!
--------------------------------------------
...le daremos tiempo al tiempo,
él nos dirá que sucede...
...aunque no quiera la vida
si he de vivir sin tu amor...

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:33 pm

exe knight wrote:Fuckingly i noticed when I tried to record my singing that my voice sucks, really badly, seems i have to train it for rest of the year...
Yup. Everyone's like that.

People either give up or find it as a reason to work even harder.

Making records is no walk in the park. We spent 6 hours a day for 3 months in the studio when making Another Life, Another End.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:08 am

Well yeah, i just have to listen to it more, and train to get it straight, yeah i'll get through this little thing.

User avatar
Leo
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by Leo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Here is my band Lestat.. I'm the lead singer and guitarist.....
We are performing at local competition... And we came to a sort of a semi finale... This is the song Blodøks (Bloodaxe)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWYunQ2xEk

And this is the intro to Vampyrens Sang (the Song of the vampire) my brother is playing the accordion.. :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGLW9JQXzFk

Fun!!! :viking:

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by exe knight » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 am

We've got abit forward on this...well not.

Right now my lyrics book has like 40 songs in there, if i fuse some of those it will be like...20 good songs and something like 6 instrumental ideas.

Does anyone know if it's illegal to use somethings in the songs that other bands have (something big I mean, like the beginning of Destiny, would it be a big crime to borrow that sound alittle on one song?)(ofcourse nearly not similar)

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Post link to your band :: Let's share

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 pm

exe knight wrote: Does anyone know if it's illegal to use somethings in the songs that other bands have (something big I mean, like the beginning of Destiny, would it be a big crime to borrow that sound alittle on one song?)(ofcourse nearly not similar)
It usually would be seen as copyright infringment, unless due credit was given (and agreed for use by the owner of the copyright, you'd need their permission).

If it sounds different enough to not warrant such things, people would still probably call you a copycat :D

Try and come up with your own stuff!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Post Reply