HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kmasters
Member
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Kmasters » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 am

browneyedgirl wrote:On Jimmy Kimmel's late night show last week he showed a trailer which was about the upcoming third season. Man, it looked awesome! Lots of action, war, drama, and dragons! :shock: Dany has become really classy looking--I wonder if she is the beautiful queen which was prophesied.........No more spoilers, you have to read the books yourself! :wink:
There you go

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RzI9v ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RzI9v ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 am

0:20 Reek?

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:08 am

I got a very wonderful surprise from my husband today--he went to Wal-Mart and bought the Second season of The Games of Thrones! It was the expensive combo Blu-ray&standard set. I was so thrilled! We watched 3 discs today, and the other 2 tomorrow! Man, that shadow baby scene blew me away, and the "King Herod" type baby killings, and the beheading of Mr. Cassell. Alot of blood&guts. Literally. :shock: And of course my hubby liked all the pretty girls, especially Dany.

Image
:lol: Good 'ol Mel. Never a dull moment. :roll: Firebreathing biatch. :lol: Poor Stannis is going to regret tapping that beauty.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am

[SPOILERS?]









Image

Oh boy, I sure wonder what's going to happen there.

Image










[/SPOILERS?]

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 am

I think most of us fans know what "The Rains of Castamere" means. :wink: I wish Stratovarius could have been the band to play that!
And, we know about the bear, too. :wink:

Barristan Selmy supposed to show up on Dany's doorstep, I wonder if the same guy is going to play him? He was a cool old dude.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I think most of us fans know what "The Rains of Castamere" means.
I've read people claiming they're going to be filming the reactions of their friends or family, who watch the show but haven't read the books, when that scene comes on. I'm hoping this catches on and we'll get to see some youtube combilations of people reacting to that scene. :D


Spoilers again?



.
.
.

Image










.
.
.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 am

Now I have seen everything---Game of Thrones Pizzas! :lol:
Image
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4XSeW4B5Rg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R4XSeW4B5Rg?ve ... p;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Mormegil wrote:0:20 Reek?
I thought that was Jaime, after his hand was sliced off in that fight? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Mormegil wrote:0:20 Reek?
I thought that was Jaime, after his hand was sliced off in that fight? ???
Huh, you mean this guy?

Image

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Mormegil wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Mormegil wrote:0:20 Reek?
I thought that was Jaime, after his hand was sliced off in that fight? ???
Huh, you mean this guy?

Image
Oh, Sorry. I didn't see that part, it ran by me so fast. :oops: Actually, I don't know who that could be, I don't think Theon is that muscular, and since Jaime lost his hand I don't think that is him. Maybe it's Edmure Tully, who the Freys imprisoned after the Red Wedding? But, I think they did cast Reek, so maybe that might be who it is after all. I guess we will all find out soon! :bigok:
BTW, a critic has said Season 3 has really improved even from last season, so this one is well worth looking forward to!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Image
This is such a sweet pic! "Tyrion" Peter Dinklage pushing his little girl in a stroller. She is so cute!

On a sadder note, Wilko Johnson, who plays executioner Ser Illyn Payne, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is refusing treatment.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... er-2013101
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Opinions on the first episode of season 3? I thought it was decent, a bit (understandably) slow-paced start to get the story moving again, but ok nevertheless.

I would call this one of the greatest scenes in the short history of the series:

Image

When talking about casting and performances in GoT, no one ever seems to remember Charles Dance, who I think is outstanding as Tywin.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Mormegil wrote:Opinions on the first episode of season 3? I thought it was decent, a bit (understandably) slow-paced start to get the story moving again, but ok nevertheless.

I would call this one of the greatest scenes in the short history of the series:

Image

When talking about casting and performances in GoT, no one ever seems to remember Charles Dance, who I think is outstanding as Tywin.
He knows how to skin, and dress a deer, seriously. Is he from Alabama or Tennessee by any chance? He knows how to do that very well. Must be a hunter in real life.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Arnold Layne
Sr. Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am
Location: Leeds, England

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am

browneyedgirl wrote: He knows how to skin, and dress a deer
Why would one dress a deer? I have never herd of that before. LOL!

Greetings from Jamba Juice,
Arnold Layne

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: He knows how to skin, and dress a deer
Why would one dress a deer? I have never herd of that before. LOL!

Greetings from Jamba Juice,
Arnold Layne
Well, Tywin is a pervert, so there you go! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 am

Image

Joff is into S&M, with emphasize on the S. Pervert.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 pm

So, the US has a holiday next weekend, so they'll skip one weekend, but it's now only two weeks to go for that episode.

[SPOILER]































Image
Image

Image
Image
Image












[/SPOILER]


:shud:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am

They better do this one right. People have been anticipating this episode for years! :pop:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Joe Mantegna as Prince Doran Martell?

Image

Just a little dreamcasting. He's Italian so I thought he'd fall into the Dornish category. Plus, he's a good actor. :bigok:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3261
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 am

George Lopez will be on game of thrones?

Image

Yeah, they all look the same to me. Gorgonzola, Adrian, Susie... :roll:

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4559
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Epstein didn't kill himself

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:George Lopez will be on game of thrones?

Image

Yeah, they all look the same to me. Gorgonzola, Adrian, Susie... :roll:
What about me?!

:jump:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Who said anything about George Lopez? ???

In the story, the people of Dorne are something like Italian, Middle Eastern, or Spanish. I don't know where the writers, or directors are going with whatever race they choose, but it will be a lot of different races. There has already been quite a few Blacks in the story, which is how it was in the books, so next season I guess we will find out where they are going with the Dornish peoples.

And, yes, I think Joe Mantegna would be a good actor to be in the Game of Thrones.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Mormegil » Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Image


Anyhoo, personally I'm really excited to see who they'll cast as Oberyn "Red Viper" Martell.
My favourite (and favourite of many others it seems) is Oded Fehr

Image

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 am

Oh, the Middle Eastern slant for the Dornish? Well, in THAT case I vote for the guy who played Saladin in Kingdom of Heaven to play Doran. I mean, we can't have some Dornish people being Spanish, some Mexican, some Italian, some Indian, and so on...........I think there might be enough actors in each race to make more of the Dornish the same race, or most of them anyway.

Seriously, there should be some casting announcements in a couple months for some of the Dornish, including the Red Viper.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Sr. Member
Posts: 5094
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:George Lopez will be on game of thrones?

Image

Yeah, they all look the same to me. Gorgonzola, Adrian, Susie... :roll:
What about me?!

:jump:
:roll: :roll: With that avatar? :? :? You can't blame anyone else! :oops: :roll:

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Lurdi » Sat May 25, 2013 2:02 pm

BEG, believe me, I've been trying so hard to bite my tongue for a really long time since the very beginning you liberally started writing spoilers over and over again but I simply can't help it anymore. It is really nasty and disgusting the way you are writing those spoilers, does it make you feel more important? Why don't you try to hide all those possible theories and information that hasn't been shown in the tv series yet? I guess you are trying to be the centre of attention once again, so sad...
And I have read all the books so far, but I pity all those naive people who come here and thanks to you don't really need to read the books or wait for other seasons.

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Lurdi » Sat May 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Regarding this third season, I feel a bit deceived about it. I expected it to be more interesting and frenetic since A Storm of Swords is absolutely amazing and it is possibly the best book of A Song of Ice and Fire.
They have changed many things from the books, I am not 100% happy with the adaptation they have made, even changing names when it was not absolutely necessary.
Are you that stupid for not to mistake Asha for Osha?
Why did they change Jane for Talisha? :?

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 25, 2013 3:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, pardon me for living! :lol: :lol: :lol: :fuckoff: :lol:

Actually, people need to read the books to get the whole story. Contrary to my "enemies"opinion I have not touched the tiny tip of the iceberg when it comes to the story of ice and fire. :)

Do I need to put on my asbestos suit? :lol:

Nasty and disgusting. :lol: Over a fictional(but, wonderful)TV show, and books. Really. :roll:
I am NOT the only person posting so-called "spoilers" so STOP singling me out!And, STOP taking stuff so damn serious! :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones

Post by Lurdi » Sat May 25, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes, nasty and disgusting because there might be people who have not read all those books that have been published up to now and they'd like to discover what's going to happen next by themselves.
It's impossible for you or anyone else to get the whole story because 2 more books have to be published yet and things can change drastically, so don't take everything for granted.
I'd rather take things too seriously like you say than act like an attention whore. :rvd:

Post Reply