Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stratovarius back to work. Finally!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pancio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Stratovarius back to work. Finally! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So here we go again, Stratovarius are back with, hopefully, a new release in view.

Ideas about what we are going to listen? At the moment Jens, Timo and Matias are in Timo K. Studio aka "Tomb of Anoppi" recording, and maybe already mixing and producing, new album.

On Matias FB page a video was posted showing a snippet of a Death Metal riff.
It's not strange, after all, to have such riffs played by Matias since he do like extreme metal (Fist in Fetus) and some of Stratovarius songs already contain Death Metal vibes (breakdown part on Unbreakable, riff from Out of the Fog and The Lost Saga reminded me of Amon Amarth kind of things, the first time).

What do you think about it? You like it or you don't?

IMO "experimental" music like Nemesis and partly Elysium is the best compromise between catchy vocal line and progressive touch which, of course, I prefer over a straight riffing.
But that's me and I'm into Prog since I was a child.

This new album gives me mixed feelings, surely it's not a rushed album but it will be dividing.

mocobhc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I love the snippet! It's just some seconds, yes, but they totally make me want more Very Happy

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I haven't heard a Stratovarius album I dislike. They're my favorite metal band of all time without question. I have been waiting for this news for a while and I am very happy Smile The snippet sounds heavy as hell. I can't wait to hear what catchy melodies and shreddy solos they've come up with this time. Maybe another epic? Nemesis is the only Matias era album without a true epic (the title track doesn't quite get there).

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

link?

ZenithMC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I believe this is the video in question:
https://www.facebook.com/ MatiasKupiainenOfficial/videos/ 390880915142552/

Sounds pretty interesting to me. Smile I noticed a Focusrite ISA 430 MKII near the end of the video.

Pancio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yep, we were talking about this snippet.

About Strato I must admit I'm not very comfortable with their "Black Album", I think it could be definitely better with less slow/mid tempo and repetitiveness.
I like Back to Madness and United but from an emotional point of view, music wise I think Gypsy in Me and Leave the Tribe are more coherent with Elements pt. 1 and 2, a sort of B-side tracks never make it to the two records.
I find Götterdämmerung interesting, in a certain way, but it's too inconsistent during his length, more variation and less hypnotic attitude would have been good (but I know what Tolkki concept was).
I still think is a bland album but worth of a couple of listening session once in a while.
Production, anyway, was terrible in drums, OMG.

About Nemesis: I think that the album is not suited for long epic tracks since it's a sort of big experiment; third album with Matias, first album with Rolf and maybe a different approach in songwriting led them to a "strange" album, similar but different and I think it's a really good thing.
Progressive touch is very well accepted and Castles in the Air, Nemesis and Out of the Fog show how Stratovarius, for instance, could write and play Jazz, Modern Prog and Melodeath coherently with their power metal image.

About the video Matias posted: I'm not used to extreme metal except for Meshuggah, Opeth (needless to say In Cauda Venenum sounds excellent) and some other artists like Jarzombek or Townsend, but I'm very curious about the new Stratovarius album and how this heavy riffing will be integrated.
As said it will be dividing, in a good way, of course.

SentineLEX
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds like something in the vein of Nemesis. Only time will tell

lucaf9397

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The snippet is impressive and unexpected. I am glad they try different things and I wish the guys have gathered new inspiration and let the creativity really flow free.

RazielSR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic tbh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum