strato tribute

Muusikot ja muusikoidenalut voivat täällä keskustella kaikesta musiikintekemiseen liittyvästä. Toki myös muutkin ovat tervetulleita mutta keskusteluaiheiden pitäisi täällä jollain tasolla liittyä musiikintekemiseen.
Locked
Fenrir
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:51 pm

strato tribute

Post by Fenrir » Wed May 26, 2004 5:03 pm

HEY GUYS . WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?I SAW A FUCKING GOOD BRAZILIAN BAND WILL BE PLAYING ON IT..THE BAND IS CALLED GLORY OPERA , I JUST CAN´T BELIEVE IT.THEY BETTER THAN STRATO IN MY OPINION , EXCEPT FROM KEYBOARDS :D :D :D :D :D :D
In my heart, in my soul
I really hate to pay this toll
Should be strong, young and bold
But the only thing I feel is pain


Helloween - A tale that wasn´t right

User avatar
Twilightsymphony
Sr. Member
Posts: 1340
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Wiesdorf, Germany
Contact:

Re: strato tribute

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed May 26, 2004 5:19 pm

Yet another fabulous topic about the tribute? Image
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Wed May 26, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

User avatar
NixxxoN
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:37 pm
Contact:

Re: strato tribute

Post by NixxxoN » Thu May 27, 2004 3:10 pm

I don't like Glory Opera because is a typical 1000th generic power metal band. But the tribute will be so great!!
Twilightsymphony, what's wrong with it, i'm sooooooooo interested to with this tribute.
NixxxoN, Catalonian Metalheads
---------------------------------
Heavy Metal is The Law!
†††††† www.MetalKings.Tk †††††

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by cliff » Thu May 27, 2004 3:39 pm

Tribute ain't great.
It's just a way for some underground bands (and not always good bands) to go out from their garage and try to reach some light :)
Okay, it's good to listen to some different versions by some different bands, but I am not sure it is really worth to spend 20€ for it.

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? ;)
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
ladyofeternity
Sr. Member
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by ladyofeternity » Fri May 28, 2004 5:05 am

cliff wrote:

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? ;)
I agree 100% with You !!! :)

I never liked Tribute albuns & neither cover bands !
If I can listen the original Band, why to listen cover bands ? :eyes

User avatar
Cristiane
Sr. Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by Cristiane » Fri May 28, 2004 1:57 pm

But the point I disagree is with cover bands... I see no problem in going to a bar and see a cover band. Here in São Paulo we have the best Pink Floyd cover that I've ever seen... every time they go to Morrison bar I go there to see them playing, once I don't have the original band in here at least I can listen to those classics. :)
Last edited by Cristiane on Fri May 28, 2004 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
NixxxoN
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by NixxxoN » Sat May 29, 2004 2:52 am

cliff wrote:
Tribute ain't great.
It's just a way for some underground bands (and not always good bands) to go out from their garage and try to reach some light :)
Okay, it's good to listen to some different versions by some different bands, but I am not sure it is really worth to spend 20€ for it.

If people want to listen to some Stratovarius songs, the best is that they listen to the original Stratovarius and buy one of their album. don't you think ? ;)
eeeeeeer¿?¿?¿?
I fuking disagree!!!
A tribute would be great!!!!!

Of course the best way to listen to those songs is with the original ones but...It's great the idea of listening to the Strato songs performed by other bands.
NixxxoN, Catalonian Metalheads
---------------------------------
Heavy Metal is The Law!
†††††† www.MetalKings.Tk †††††

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: strato tribute

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 29, 2004 4:40 am

I think some bands do the cover songs very well--others should not even try! :err:

Sonata Arctica's cover of Fade to Black was near excellent! If those bands can cover the StratoSongs that well, it would be marvelous!!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

MightyTharos
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:44 am
Contact:

Re: strato tribute

Post by MightyTharos » Sat May 29, 2004 8:33 am

This are the news about the tribute

Check bellow the full track list of "Within Infinity", a tribute to STRATOVARIUS, to be released in Italy by Northwind Records in September

01 – HIGHLORD – "Against the Wind"
02 – DARK HORIZON – "Hunting High and Low"
03 – DESDEMONA – “Black Diamond”
04 – KALEDON – “Father Time“
05 – SOUTHERN COSS – “Will The Sun Rise”
06 – HERALDRY – "Kiss Of Judas"
07 – TOCCATA MAGNA - "Paradise"
08 – METAL KINGS - "Legions"
09 – SKYLARK - medley of "Out of the Shadows" e "Hands of Time"
10 – EDDY ANTONINI – “Forever”
11 - AMAZON - "The Abyss of Your Eyes" (Visions)
12 - HEAVEN'S GUARDIAN – Uncernity (Episode)
13 - GLORY OPERA – Forever Free

It will have world release and will be out simultaneously in Japan, Europe and South America (by Megahard Records)

taken from Skylark site (www.skylark.cjb.net)

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: strato tribute

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 29, 2004 10:11 am

WHAT? :eek: No Epic? Gee Whiz! No Destiny, Infinity, or Visions? :~(
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Re: Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by cliff » Sat May 29, 2004 4:11 pm

NixxxoN wrote:
eeeeeeer¿?¿?¿?
I fuking disagree!!!
A tribute would be great!!!!!.
Actually I said that tribute are okay, to listen to some different versions of the song, but really honestly, yourself, would u really waste 20€ for a CD, just because it is a tribute to Stratovarius ?
have you heard of one name of the bands which covered Strato ?
Personally never :)
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
Sir. Decadence
Sr. Member
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Dreamspace
Contact:

Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by Sir. Decadence » Sat May 29, 2004 7:02 pm

In the Episode-album there are many better songs than Uncertainty.
Last edited by Sir. Decadence on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ja miksihän luet signatureani?

User avatar
iron_thunder
Sr. Member
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:08 am
Location: Toronto, Canada!
Contact:

Re: Re: Re: KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW AT SACREDEMBRACE.COM

Post by iron_thunder » Sat May 29, 2004 7:38 pm

Generally I'm not so interested in tribute albums, either, especially since I don't really know those bands.

But SINCE it's Stratovarius, I'll probably end up buying it... just out of curiosity. Hell, they're probably better than my covers!
_______________________________
In the Hour of Thunder,
Clare B.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine
SIGN UP FOR THE SACRED EMBRACE NEWSLETTER, DAMNIT!!

_______________________________

User avatar
neonlightchild
Sr. Member
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:58 am
Location: Mexico City
Contact:

Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by neonlightchild » Mon May 31, 2004 10:39 pm

MightyTharos wrote:
This are the news about the tribute

Check bellow the full track list of "Within Infinity", a tribute to STRATOVARIUS, to be released in Italy by Northwind Records in September

01 – HIGHLORD – "Against the Wind"
02 – DARK HORIZON – "Hunting High and Low"
03 – DESDEMONA – “Black Diamond”
04 – KALEDON – “Father Time“
05 – SOUTHERN COSS – “Will The Sun Rise”
06 – HERALDRY – "Kiss Of Judas"
07 – TOCCATA MAGNA - "Paradise"
08 – METAL KINGS - "Legions"
09 – SKYLARK - medley of "Out of the Shadows" e "Hands of Time"
10 – EDDY ANTONINI – “Forever”
11 - AMAZON - "The Abyss of Your Eyes" (Visions)
12 - HEAVEN'S GUARDIAN – Uncernity (Episode)
13 - GLORY OPERA – Forever Free

It will have world release and will be out simultaneously in Japan, Europe and South America (by Megahard Records)

taken from Skylark site (www.skylark.cjb.net)

METAL KINGS ??? That´s a stupid name for band!!!
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

Fenrir
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:51 pm

Re: Re: strato tribute

Post by Fenrir » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:15 am

NixxxoN wrote:
I don't like Glory Opera because is a typical 1000th generic power metal band. But the tribute will be so great!!
Twilightsymphony, what's wrong with it, i'm sooooooooo interested to with this tribute.
that´s not true.they are greater than other repetitive bands
In my heart, in my soul
I really hate to pay this toll
Should be strong, young and bold
But the only thing I feel is pain


Helloween - A tale that wasn´t right

Locked