Klaus? That just reminded me that there was a Troll here a couple years or so ago named Klaus. Klaus Klittermaus. A real weird, but very venomous one! Of all the trolls that have ventured here I'd rank him pretty close to the top. I think he was Evangelion's buddy.Carcass wrote:Hehe, thanks. It's Klaus Kinski. He once threw hot potatos in the face of a theatre critic for not praising his performance enough.black death wrote: P.S. Nice new avatar
Back to topic: Carcass, you mentined energy-saving light bulbs. I have a house full of them&my security lights,too. The thing is, they are filled with Mercury vapor. Mercury is a known neurotoxin. I did research on these bulbs AFTER I purchased them&if I had known what I know now I'd stuck with my old flourescent bulbs!
Sure, these mercury bulbs use a drop of energy&last for years, but if you break one they release mercury into the air. Kinda defeats the purpose, huh?
Also, if you are foolish enough to report you have broken a mercury bulb, the government(EPA) can seal off your house for a year, AFTER they clean up the broken bulb at YOUR expense! This has actually happened to people.
Don't buses use gas, too?
Those hydrogen, and electric cars are very energy concious, but only someone like Donld Trump can afford one. Maybe they can be made cheaper years from now hopefully.
Has antone looked into the possibility of mass Balloon transportation?
That reminds me, the Zeppelin is being rethunk again as a transport system.
Not Led Zeppelin, the durigible blimp.
EDIT: Something I just received in an E-Mail. It seems we have to worry about microwave Popcorn now!
Actually I think lawyers are grasping at straws, trying to get cases regarding this "condition".
I'm going to still eat this popcorn regardless.
Microwave Popcorn MEDICAL ALERT: Microwave popcorn could be making you sick!
If you, or some you know has ever been exposed to microwave popcorn, then it's very important that you read the information below and then visit our website for more information regarding a fatal disease known as "popcorn lung".
An Associated Press article dated September 5, 2007 reported that recent warnings to popcorn factory workers about the dangers of lung disease from Diacetyl exposure, a chemical found in microwave popcorn, have now been extended to consumers who microwave popcorn at home and in the workplace. Symptoms of bronchiolitis obliterans, often referred to as â€œpopcorn lung" include:
*Fixed airway obstruction
*Scarring of the lung
*Inflammation of the lung
*Shortness of breath
*Diminished lung capacity
The results of a recent EPA study still have not been made public.
The EPA has refused to make the report available to the general public.
Last week, a health advocacy organization at George Washington University revealed
that a Colorado physician had notified the Food and Drug Administration in July
that she had a patient who had developed "significant lung disease".
There was a direct link to the website, but since I C&P'ed it, it did not show up as linkable.