NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
wump
Jr. Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 am

NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by wump » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 am

AWESOME SHOW!!!

User avatar
lalodrums2
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm
Location: MONTERREY, MEXICO.

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by lalodrums2 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Really? photos, videos, something please!!! I will be tomorrow at opera house toronto :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Show was awesome. Loved the setlist.

User avatar
AMBR@BEC
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Gossimoto wrote:Show was awesome. Loved the setlist.
Same here, but didn't remember every song. Was it the same as previous shows? If not, can you post it? Thanks.
lalodrums2 wrote:Really? photos, videos, something please!!!
Unfortunately, the lighting was very dark for the most part. Quite difficult to get quality, clear shots w/o flash (not allowed). Had to jack up the ISO leading to graininess. But I think I got some half-way decent ones. Unfortunately, not of Jörg which I need for a magazine article. Hopefully there will be better lighting at the next show I'm attending.
So here's a couple. More can be found here.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm

Setlist.
must.
know.
NAO!

User avatar
MikeKhalilov
Jr. Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: NYC, hell!
Contact:

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by MikeKhalilov » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Image

:)

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:16 pm

MikeKhalilov wrote:Image

:)
Hey Mike, glad to see you posting again.

Do YOU Remember the setlist?

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:16 pm

:) :)
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
MikeKhalilov
Jr. Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: NYC, hell!
Contact:

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by MikeKhalilov » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Hmmm started with Destiny...then (not in order) I remember Hunting High and Low, Eagleheart, Deep Unknown, Speed of Light...then the alcohol kicked in :)

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:48 pm

I think this is pretty close, might be missing a song or two.

Destiny
Hunting High and Low
Speed of Light
Deep Unknown
Million Light Years
Legions
Winter Skies
Guitar/Bass solo duel
Forever is Today
Twilight Symphony
Eagleheart

Father Time
Black Diamond

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Gossimoto wrote:I think this is pretty close, might be missing a song or two.

Destiny
Hunting High and Low
Speed of Light
Deep Unknown
Million Light Years
Legions
Winter Skies
Guitar/Bass solo duel
Forever is Today
Twilight Symphony
Eagleheart

Father Time
Black Diamond
Was it pretty much their Japan setlist?

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 pm

It was pretty close to the setlist listed here.
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic.php?t=9583

I think there were a couple songs from that list that they didnt have time to play possibly because of a mentioned curfew.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Gossimoto wrote:It was pretty close to the setlist listed here.
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic.php?t=9583

I think there were a couple songs from that list that they didnt have time to play possibly because of a mentioned curfew.
What time was the curfew?
How was the opener?

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by icecab21 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm

is that linked set list even from the american leg of the tour? i thought that was a japan show.

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Rebel wrote:
Gossimoto wrote:It was pretty close to the setlist listed here.
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic.php?t=9583

I think there were a couple songs from that list that they didnt have time to play possibly because of a mentioned curfew.
What time was the curfew?
How was the opener?
I would guess that they probably had to stop playing by midnight. They played from about 10:15 till midnight.

Pagan's Mind was pretty good I thought. They seemed to be having fun too so that helped. The bassist had the biggest perma grin I've seen in a while.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2141
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Gossimoto wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Gossimoto wrote:It was pretty close to the setlist listed here.
http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic.php?t=9583

I think there were a couple songs from that list that they didnt have time to play possibly because of a mentioned curfew.
What time was the curfew?
How was the opener?
I would guess that they probably had to stop playing by midnight. They played from about 10:15 till midnight.

Pagan's Mind was pretty good I thought. They seemed to be having fun too so that helped. The bassist had the biggest perma grin I've seen in a while.
What time did the doors open? If they didn't start until 10:15, that's either a long Pagan's Mind setlist, or a late start.

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 pm

icecab21 wrote:is that linked set list even from the american leg of the tour? i thought that was a japan show.
That linked setlist is from the Japan leg of the tour but it is almost exactly the list played last night in NYC minus the song only to be played in Japan and maybe two others due to time restrictions. I really would have liked to hear "Higher we Go".

Gossimoto
Jr. Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gossimoto » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Rebel wrote:What time did the doors open? If they didn't start until 10:15, that's either a long Pagan's Mind setlist, or a late start.
Doors openened at 7. There was a band there that came on around 8:00 and played 4 or 5 songs before Pagan's Mind came on. I dont recall their name and I was pounding drinks so I missed alot of it.

User avatar
Gilles
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: Rimouski (Quebec)

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Gilles » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:52 am

I hope they will play the same setlist as the Japan one...

I will see them in Quebec and in Montreal!
1st time i can see a band twice in the same tour..

User avatar
Maddest Hatter
Jr. Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM USA

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by Maddest Hatter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:41 am

AMAZING show!!! I just got back from NYC today and am still in awe over what an experience it was. The meet and greet was really cool also. I've done a few with other bands and this one was one of the best experiences so far. I would have liked to have seen them do more Polaris material, but it was a good mix.

Also, a big thumbs up to Mathias and Lauri. I was blown away by how good they were. They both have some big shoes to fill, but I think they are the right guys for the job.

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3540
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 am

Maddest Hatter wrote: Also, a big thumbs up to Mathias and Lauri. I was blown away by how good they were. They both have some big shoes to fill
Matias has some big PANTS to fill!! :laff: :laff:
:rotflmao2: :rotflmao1: :jump2: :crazy2: :repuke:

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:39 am

We can count on a10 to think about what it takes to get into Tolkki's pants.

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3540
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: NY City, USA, Nokia Theater, Sept 16, 2009

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 am

icecab21 wrote:We can count on a10 to think about what it takes to get into Tolkki's pants.
Why, I could just ask Jenn! :laff: :lol: :rotflmao1:

Locked