Rate all Stratovarius album!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rage1979
Sr. Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Rage1979 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Fright Night (4/10)
Twilight Time (7)
Dreamspace (7)
Fourth Dimension (8
Episode (9)
Visions (10)
Destiny (8
Infinite (9)
Elements Part 1 (7)
Elements part 2 (7)
Stratovarius (6)
Polaris (7)
Elysium (9)
Nemesis (8
Eternal (9)
I go for this...

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by adrian9 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:38 pm

didnt we try this before? anyway im game.

Fright Night (6)
Twilight Time (7)
Dreamspace (8.)
Fourth Dimension (8.)
Episode (9)
Visions (10)
Destiny (6)
Infinite (9)
Elements Part 1 (8.)
Elements part 2 (6)
Stratovarius (5)
Polaris (6)
Elysium (7)
Nemesis (8.)
Eternal (7)
A9

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by rikkertje » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Fright Night - 7
Twilight Time - 7
Dreamspace - 7
Fourth Dimension - 8
Episode - 9
Visions - 7
Destiny - 7
Infinite - 7
Elements Part 1 - 8
Elements part 2 - 9
Stratovarius - 7
Polaris - 7
Elysium - 9
Nemesis - 8
Eternal - 9

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Fright Night - 5/10
Twilight Time - 7/10
Dreamspace - 7/10
Fourth Dimension - 6/10
Episode - 10/10
Visions - 9/10
Destiny - 9/10
Infinite - 9/10
Elements Pt 1 - 8/10
Elements Pt 2 - 8/10
Stratovarius - 7/10
Polaris - 8/10
Elysium - 10/10
Nemesis - 10/10
Eternal - 10/10

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 pm

+n
A9

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:45 pm

its this open to debate? because..
Empathica1928 wrote: Elysium - 10/10
Nemesis - 10/10
Eternal - 10/10
thats straight up BS
A9

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by fuck » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Fright Night - 1
Twilight Time - 2
Dreamspace - 3
Fourth Dimension - 4
Episode - 5
Visions - 6
Destiny - 7
Infinite - 8
Elements Part 1 - 9
Elements part 2 - 10
Stratovarius - 11
Polaris - 12
Elysium - 13
Nemesis - 14
Eternal - 15

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 am

Fright Night - 4
Twilight Time - 6
Dreamspace - 8
Fourth Dimension - 8
Episode - 9
Visions - 7
Destiny - 7
Infinite - 8
Elements, Pt. 1 - 10
Elements, Pt. 2 - 7
Stratovarius - 5
Polaris - 7
Elysium - 8
Nemesis - 9
Eternal - 9

Songs: http://forum.stratovarius.com/viewtopic ... c10d925583

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by mocobhc » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Fright Night - 7
Twilight Time - 6
Dreamspace - 7
Fourth Dimension - 6
Episode - 8
Visions - 10
Destiny - 8
Infinite - 7
Elements, Pt. 1 - 7
Elements, Pt. 2 - 6
Stratovarius - 5
Polaris - 8
Elysium - 10
Nemesis - 10
Eternal - 8

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:50 pm

adrian9 wrote:its this open to debate? because..
Empathica1928 wrote: Elysium - 10/10
Nemesis - 10/10
Eternal - 10/10
thats straight up BS
Complaint both acknowledged and summarily dismissed. I love the last three albums to death.

Pancio
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Fright Night (5 I like the album but production sucks a lot and compositions are banal and very unripe)

Twilight Time (6,5 I like the progressive touch but,to me,compositional skills are unripe)

Dreamspace (7,5 I love progressive and I love Power too so Dreamspace is the best mix ever,at least to me.With Symphony X,of course)

Fourth Dimension (8 An half point over Dreamspace only for the voice and the production but I like more Dreamspace in composition)

Episode (9,5 Episode,for me,is the best metal sounding record ever.One of the best album in Power and below Visions only for for one track,Tomorrow,in which the solo is the same from Against the Wind.But,technically I like it more than Visons,the odd time,here and there,are just astonishing,the duel between guitar and keyboard are fantastic)

Visions (10 Nothing to say,Strato at their best,a masterpiece in Power Metal and a masterpiece in all the Metal scene.Visions(Southern Cross) is the best epic song in Metal,Rhapsody should learn)

Destiny (7,5 I like a lot of songs from Destiny:SOS,Destiny,4000 Rainy Nights and Anthem of the World,among others,but I don't like the production at all and there are some song that I skip constantly)

Infinite (7,5 Good album,too poppy but power metal is a little bit poppy too so I like it and I love it as it is and Hunting High and Low is an anthem)

Elements Part 1 (8 This album...I fell in love at the first listen,well,it's not a masterpiece but dudes,orchestrations,production,playing,singing...there is a cohesion I can't explain.And yeah,Timo sing so high,I must admit,that I left my mouth on the couch.And still!)

Elements Part 2 (7 I like it less than Pt.1 'cause the "b-side track fill" sensation during listening session but good album,nice sounding,well written and composed)

Stratovarius (1 Shitty commercial Metallica poser hard rock without any sense)

Polaris (6,5 Nothing new but a lot of great music with lack of creativity,great album after all the going on from 2004 to 2008,no one can be this great after the departure of their mastermind,Strato can)

Elysium (8.5 title track alone deserve the score , epic , progressive and 18 minutes long with no drop in tension , goose bumps for the ending)

Nemesis (8,5 For innovation since Nemesis is very experimental)

Eternal (8 Cause they made a great fanservice album,half point behind Nemesis and Elysium for lack of "creativity".Well,except Lost Saga which break asses)

Sth2112
Jr. Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Sth2112 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:22 am

Fright night - 6
Twilight time - 6
Dreamspace - 7
Fourth dimension - 8
Episode - 10
Visions - 10
Destiny - 9
Infinite - 8
Intermission - 8
Elements 1 - 7
Elements 2 - 6
Stratovarius - 8
Polaris - 8
Elysium - 8
Nemesis - 9
Eternal - 8

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Pancio wrote:Episode (9,5 Episode,for me,is the best metal sounding record ever.One of the best album in Power and below Visions only for for one track,Tomorrow,in which the solo is the same from Against the Wind.But,technically I like it more than Visons,the odd time,here and there,are just astonishing,the duel between guitar and keyboard are fantastic)

Visions (10 Nothing to say,Strato at their best,a masterpiece in Power Metal and a masterpiece in all the Metal scene.Visions(Southern Cross) is the best epic song in Metal,Rhapsody should learn)
Not saying you're wrong at all, but I do find it interesting you say Episode is just below Visions because of Tomorrow -- when Visions has Forever Free, which is basically a ripoff of Tomorrow itself! :D

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by fuck » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:19 am

Stratoforum 10/10

Image

User avatar
StratoFabio
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by StratoFabio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Fright Night (6)
Twilight Time ( 8 )
Dreamspace (8,5)
Fourth Dimension (9)
Episode (10)
Visions (10)
Destiny (9)
Infinite (8,5)
Intermission (7,5)
Elements Part 1 (8 )
Elements part 2 (8 )
Stratovarius (7)
Polaris ( 8 )
Elysium ( 8 )
Nemesis (9,5)
Eternal ( 8 )
StratoFabio

User avatar
Febo
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Maassluis, Netherlands

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Febo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Fright Night - 6
Twilight Time - 7
Dreamspace - 9
Fourth Dimension - 7
Episode - 9
Visions - 9
Destiny - 8
Infinite - 7
Elements Part 1 - 7
Elements part 2 - 7
Stratovarius - 5
Polaris - 5
Elysium - 9
Nemesis - 10
Eternal - 8

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by adrian9 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:00 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
adrian9 wrote:its this open to debate? because..
Empathica1928 wrote: Elysium - 10/10
Nemesis - 10/10
Eternal - 10/10
thats straight up BS
Complaint both acknowledged and summarily dismissed. I love the last three albums to death.
not complaining, I just asked why you rated those albums so high in an ironic way.

the first album that I bought from stratovarius was fourth dimension, a few years after it was released, I love that album to death, but I wont rate it higher that said visions or episode.
we are giving our ratings/opinions here so each one is ok, just wanted to make some sense of yours.
equally dismissed of course.
A9

Pancio
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Pancio » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:
Pancio wrote:Episode (9,5 Episode,for me,is the best metal sounding record ever.One of the best album in Power and below Visions only for for one track,Tomorrow,in which the solo is the same from Against the Wind.But,technically I like it more than Visons,the odd time,here and there,are just astonishing,the duel between guitar and keyboard are fantastic)

Visions (10 Nothing to say,Strato at their best,a masterpiece in Power Metal and a masterpiece in all the Metal scene.Visions(Southern Cross) is the best epic song in Metal,Rhapsody should learn)
Not saying you're wrong at all, but I do find it interesting you say Episode is just below Visions because of Tomorrow -- when Visions has Forever Free, which is basically a ripoff of Tomorrow itself! :D
That's different,every song that Tolkki wants to sound poppy is similar to other songs. Basically every band do this thing,it's only a pattern on which compose a song. Paradise is based on Hold On To Your Dream which inspired Dream about Tomorrow from Allen/Lande. Hunting High and Low and Eagleheart are very close tho and are both based on Forever Free chorus.Against the Wind is different from Tomorrow which is different from Forever Free. At least melodically, harmonically their similar but one thing is similar, another thing is to copy/paste the same solo in different songs, sorry.
And I like Forever Free the most,it's a more ripe song, better structured.Tomorrow is like a b-side track in an album like Episode, doesn't fit, at least to my hears

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Pancio wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
Pancio wrote:Episode (9,5 Episode,for me,is the best metal sounding record ever.One of the best album in Power and below Visions only for for one track,Tomorrow,in which the solo is the same from Against the Wind.But,technically I like it more than Visons,the odd time,here and there,are just astonishing,the duel between guitar and keyboard are fantastic)

Visions (10 Nothing to say,Strato at their best,a masterpiece in Power Metal and a masterpiece in all the Metal scene.Visions(Southern Cross) is the best epic song in Metal,Rhapsody should learn)
Not saying you're wrong at all, but I do find it interesting you say Episode is just below Visions because of Tomorrow -- when Visions has Forever Free, which is basically a ripoff of Tomorrow itself! :D
That's different,every song that Tolkki wants to sound poppy is similar to other songs. Basically every band do this thing,it's only a pattern on which compose a song. Paradise is based on Hold On To Your Dream which inspired Dream about Tomorrow from Allen/Lande. Hunting High and Low and Eagleheart are very close tho and are both based on Forever Free chorus.Against the Wind is different from Tomorrow which is different from Forever Free. At least melodically, harmonically their similar but one thing is similar, another thing is to copy/paste the same solo in different songs, sorry.
And I like Forever Free the most,it's a more ripe song, better structured.Tomorrow is like a b-side track in an album like Episode, doesn't fit, at least to my hears
How would you compare Stratosphere and Holy Light and why?

Pancio
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:51 am
Location: Reggio Emilia, Italy

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Pancio » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:11 pm

I wonder why the stupid Argentidiot is always here with his fucking insignificant and stupid threads and comments.
I know that in Argentina there is nothing to do except complaining themselves for not to be european,for the misery,poorness and almost everything else that turns around to being born in the wrong hemisphere but c'mon Flavio,stop posts here,stop recording shit with your Pentium 2,stop sharing shit.Go out and find yourself a man,we're in 21st century,homesexuality is accepted everywhere!
And yes,I'm from northern Italy,people from southern regions,countries,or places in general,are always cunts,it's the same in every part of the globe so yes,people from Sicily sucks.We call it "terroni di merda",sorry.

User avatar
fuck
Sr. Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:56 am

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by fuck » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Hey guys I'm not gay, I play football. I accidentally clicked this thread because I thought my mouse was hovered over the hot girls thread. Well, since I'm here I had a question let's say hypothetically I had gay thoughts (lol yea right) and I found my close friend attractive (ew gross) and one day we had sex in the back of my car after football practice (I would puke...the only thing I bang is chicks with big tits you know what I'm saying lol) but we didn't kiss. Would that be gay? We were wasted and while we were banging we kept calling each other fags. It's almost like a parody of when we bang chicks (remember this didn't happen). So that wouldn't make me gay right? Just a jokester?

Motha-faka
Sr. Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Motha-faka » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Pancio wrote:I wonder why the stupid Argentidiot is always here with his fucking insignificant and stupid threads and comments.
I know that in Argentina there is nothing to do except complaining themselves for not to be european,for the misery,poorness and almost everything else that turns around to being born in the wrong hemisphere but c'mon Flavio,stop posts here,stop recording shit with your Pentium 2,stop sharing shit.Go out and find yourself a man,we're in 21st century,homesexuality is accepted everywhere!
And yes,I'm from northern Italy,people from southern regions,countries,or places in general,are always cunts,it's the same in every part of the globe so yes,people from Sicily sucks.We call it "terroni di merda",sorry.
THERE IS YOUR PERFECT ANSWER, PANCIO, THE NEXT TIME CLOSE THE MOUTH, IDIOT, YOU DON'T HAVE IDEA WITH YOU ARE SPEAKING

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... sf29552790

EUROPEAN UNION FALL IN PIECES, UK IS OUT NOW? :lol: :lol: :D :D

NOW LEARN TO RESPECT TO SOUTH AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT THEY IS NOT YOUR TOY, IDIOT :lol: :D
I'm a huge Fuck

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Rebel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 am

Fright Night [3.25]
Twilight Time [3.75]
Dreamspace [4.25]
Fourth Dimension [3.75]
Episode [5]
Visions [4.75]
Destiny [4]
Infinite [4.25]
Elements I [2.5]
Elements II [3]
Stratovarius [2.5]
Polaris [3.75]
Elysium [4]
Nemesis [5]
Eternal [4.5]
They let us have signatures on this forum???

SpreadYourWings
Jr. Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by SpreadYourWings » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Fright Night - 6/10
Twilight Time - 8/10
Dreamspace - 6/10
Fourth Dimension - 5/10
Episode - 9/10
Visions - 9/10
Destiny - 9/10
Infinite - 10/10
Elements Pt 1 - 8.5/10
Elements Pt 2 - 9/10
Stratovarius - 8/10
Polaris - 9/10
Elysium - 10/10
Nemesis - 9/10
Eternal - 10/10

User avatar
HowardPerlman
Jr. Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by HowardPerlman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:44 am

Fright Night - 5/10
Twilight Time - 6/10
Dreamspace - 6.5/10
Fourth Dimension - 7/10
Episode - 10/10
Visions - 8/10
Destiny - 7.5/10
Infinite - 8.5/10
Elements Pt 1 - 8/10
Elements Pt 2 - 9.5/10
Revolution Renaissance - 6.5/10
Stratovarius - 5/10
Polaris - 7/10
Elysium - 8/10
Nemesis - 9/10
Eternal - 8/10

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by SentineLEX » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Really curious, what makes Elements 2 your second-favorite album behind Episode? Not criticizing, just a very interesting choice.

illpotro
Jr. Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 am

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by illpotro » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:17 am

Fright Night - 6/10
Twilight Time - 5/10
Dreamspace - 7/10
Fourth Dimension - 10/10
Episode - 9/10
Visions - 10/10
Destiny - 8/10
Infinite - 8/10
Elements Pt 1 - 8/10
Elements Pt 2 - 7/10
Stratovarius - 7/10
Polaris - 7/10
Elysium - 7/10
Nemesis - 9/10
Eternal - 6/10

User avatar
Skyggeboy
Sr. Member
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by Skyggeboy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 am

Well, here we go:

Fright Night (6)
Twilight Time (8 )
Dreamspace (8 )
Fourth Dimension (8 )
Episode (8 )
Visions (10)
Destiny (9)
Infinite (7)
Intermission (7)
Elements Part 1 (6)
Elements part 2 (6)
Stratovarius (7)
Polaris (7)
Elysium (8 )
Nemesis (8 )
Eternal (9)

After all, it's impossible to rate the albums of the favorite band of all of the time. It depends what mood you are and so on. Today it's this, but maybe tomorrow it'll be a bit different. But this is not far from the truth if you ask me.

User avatar
HowardPerlman
Jr. Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by HowardPerlman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:16 am

SentineLEX wrote:Really curious, what makes Elements 2 your second-favorite album behind Episode? Not criticizing, just a very interesting choice.
Your question as to why I consider Elements Pt. 2 to be my second-favorite Stratovarius album is especially worthy of an answer because anecdotally, the Elements albums are not usually among those that Stratovarius fans consider to be their top-three favorites (and when such is the case, usually Part 1, not Part 2, is included).

When I rate music albums, I consider the following factors, among others:

1) Melodic quality
2) Rhythmical aesthetics and innovation
3) Philosophic value
4) How the songs on the album relate to each other, and if such relation effectively accomplishes the apparently intended purpose of the album
5) Degree to which the music is useful for invigoration (i.e., workout music)
6) Degree to which the music is useful for meditation
7) Whether the album, in comparison to others, is unique in some positive fascinating way

I recognize that some of these parameters of analysis are conventional of music appreciation, while others are unconventional.

As to how these relate to Elements Part 2:

1 and 2) It is my subjective opinion that among all Stratovarius albums, only Episode and Nemesis exceed Elements Part 2 in these regards (but consideration of other factors causes me to overall rank Elements Part 2 higher than Nemesis).

3, 4 and 7) The overall philosophic message of Elements Part 2 is remarkably profound. In essence, the album is much "deeper" than is readily apparent.

When the songs of the album are considered in relation to each other from start to finish, they convey the high value of questioning belief systems that seek to force individuals to abide by their tenants, in favor of pursuing the LIBERTY of WALKING TO one's OWN SONG as to what to believe through one's own initiative and rationality.

The album's songs also interrelate by having the broader combined message of fighting for freedom with strength against oppression, glorifying human individualism in the process.

In relation to Elements Part 1, which heavily emphasizes individual freedom but especially so in the first few tracks, Elements Part 2 introduces a conflict regarding that freedom with the lyrics of Alpha & Omega. Whereas Part 1 is a celebration of unencumbered freedom, Part 2 relates a struggle between the combined forces of individual freedom and spiritual invigoration and the combined forces of oppression and despair.

Alpha & Omega establishes this conflict in relation to the context of Part 1 through presenting a force that is supposedly always correct and from which deviation is not accepted while being comprehensively controlling. In fact, Alpha & Omega represents the start of succumbing to factors that were purposefully resisted and warned against in the song Elements in Elements Part 1 (i.e., a malevolent, controlling god and/or malicious spirituality); as such, Elements and Alpha & Omega thematically oppose each other. I Walk to My Own Song reflects an attempt to resist the control, and throughout the album, there is a back and forth between assertions of freedom and restrictions or moments of weakness and doubt. Season of Faith's Perfection, Know the Difference and Dreamweaver all especially relate the struggle for individualism. At the very end of the album, individualism finally wins, with this victory conveyed through Liberty and with the lyric "it's heaven on Earth" suggesting that in addition to benevolent spirituality and individualism, a benevolent god should be honored and cherished. The individualism gained through struggle in Elements Part 2 is inherently more profound than the individualism merely given without effort in Elements Part 1, causing the spiritual journey over both albums to result in a more profound appreciation of one's own individualism.

With all this conveyed, Elements Part 2, in my opinion, is the most profound of all the Stratovarius albums. While all the albums address profound subjects to some degree, Elements Part 2 does this to the highest degree in an overall coordinated effort throughout the album and in a way that with the previous album offers enhanced value.

4 and 5) Every song on this album is useful for invigoration or meditation. I Walk to My Own Song is perhaps the most invigorating for workouts, and Luminous is perhaps the most useful for meditation.

User avatar
SentineLEX
Sr. Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 am
Location: Seattle, United States

Re: Rate all Stratovarius album!

Post by SentineLEX » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Goddamn.

And here I was thinking it was a half-baked album. (Although I'd argue some of the instrumentation still sounds like a hasty compromise to me, as if the band put out Elements 1, a bunch of people said "this isn't metal", and then Tolkki scaled down the orchestrals on Elements 2.

Post Reply