Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:58 pm

http://www.hammer-mag.de/V%C3%96%C2%B4s.html

Please take a look at the "Story Of Stratovarius" DVD on the right column.. Anyone knows more?
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by cliff » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:52 pm

Dave wrote:Anyone knows more?
yes.
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
CottonCandy
Sr. Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:22 pm

Is this the "Milan DVD" that got put on the back burner so long, or a new one with totally new&different footage?
In any case, I want it! :D
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

Dawn_is_Here
Sr. Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:25 am
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Dawn_is_Here » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:25 pm

CottonCandy wrote:Is this the "Milan DVD" that got put on the back burner so long, or a new one with totally new&different footage?
In any case, I want it! :D
It will contain new stuff 8)

And I want it too! :D

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:34 pm

I'm very interest about this...
But a the list were also title of Wintersun (new stuff!), so now I am even more interest!

By the way, in finnish Soundi -lehti Tolkki said that Sökö Kaukoranta, the guy who directed Stratos music videos (The Kiss of Judas, S.O.S etc.) was some problems. His job was to edit Milan's gig to Milan DVD, but Kaukoranta didn't do that. Then Kaukoranta had to pay back those 50 000 euros because he hadn't do the job...
If somebody who had read that magazine can explane this better, do that :roll:

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:48 pm

Here's a bunch of DVD-related messages :
Dimitris: One last question: What happened and STRATOVARIUS didn’t release their DVD of their show in Milan?
Jorg: It’s a sad story behind. This video director didn’t finish the DVD and went off with the money. (e.n.: so this is why the release was postponed).

Jens wrote:The whole story is quite a tragedy. I don't think it's appropriate to go into too many details. We didn't want to sue but we had no choice. The guy is really a genius and as for myself, he was one of the last people on Earth I thought would fall apart in the manner he did. I have some idea of what happened and I think he has had a very rough time lately, if that's any excuse. I still have nothing against him, i always liked him, and still do. For us this milan DVD affair was just one mroe disaster, in a year that was already pretty bad.

Anyway... we won the case and have all the raw materials from Milan, we will try to make the best of the situation. So first: deciding to sue, then court case, then the judgement came, we have the raw tapes, and that's where we are now; we take it one step at a time like with everything else. It will take some time to figure out what to do next and to actually do it, so: no promises. We really have to focus on some other stuff first.
TT wrote:We are yet to see, what will happen with the DVD.
Unfortunately we were obliged to take this matter into the court, which was a pity really. We didn't want to go that far, but we were forced to, since Nuclear Blast has invested a large amout of money in this project which then never got finished, and they understandably advanced by increasing pressure on us. We have been able to talk about things in good spirit though. We shall see what happens, but the DVD hasn't even been cut ready, meanig it won't have a release date in the very near future. If ever.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by cliff » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:57 pm

Stratofanius wrote: By the way, in finnish Soundi -lehti Tolkki said that Sökö Kaukoranta, the guy who directed Stratos music videos (The Kiss of Judas, S.O.S etc.) was some problems. His job was to edit Milan's gig to Milan DVD, but Kaukoranta didn't do that. Then Kaukoranta had to pay back those 50 000 euros because he hadn't do the job...
The guy had (and probably still has) really serious "personal problems". This is why he couldn't finish the publishing.
Anyway, let's respect this poor guy (if you might think he did it intentionally to ruin Strato and their dvd, you're really wrong) : the DVD will come out really soon, and that's all that matters.
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
Elazul
Sr. Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Germania

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Elazul » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:57 pm

Stratofanius wrote:I'm very interest about this...
But a the list were also title of Wintersun (new stuff!), so now I am even more interest!
There is written Wintersun-DVD :?

Did Jari Jari Mäenpää ever played live with Wintersun somewhere ?

BTW Off-Topic :D

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Elazul wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:I'm very interest about this...
But a the list were also title of Wintersun (new stuff!), so now I am even more interest!

Did Jari Jari Mäenpää ever played live with Wintersun somewhere ?
Yes he did. I can't remember where, but somewhere in Finland.
That band is one of my favourites! Awesome!!!

User avatar
Elazul
Sr. Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Germania

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Elazul » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:08 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
Elazul wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:I'm very interest about this...
But a the list were also title of Wintersun (new stuff!), so now I am even more interest!

Did Jari Jari Mäenpää ever played live with Wintersun somewhere ?
Yes he did. I can't remember where, but somewhere in Finland.
That band is one of my favourites! Awesome!!!
Would be awesome to see the band live :wink:
they play this year on Tuska Festival.
You lucky Finns :D

EDIT: It´s BTW Off-Topic :D

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:27 pm

The title "The Story of Stratovarius" sounds like it's the end of the band or something :? Like everythings been already done and their legacy has come to an end.

User avatar
Cristiane
Sr. Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:39 pm

Talking about DVDs, I’ve just bought the tickets for the SP gig and it’s written the Stratovarius Live dvd will be recorded in this gig!

Never knew they were planning to record a dvd during this tour... if it's really true, a live dvd here would kick ass! The crowds here are really good! :evil:
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
CottonCandy
Sr. Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:46 pm

Dawn_is_Here wrote:
CottonCandy wrote:Is this the "Milan DVD" that got put on the back burner so long, or a new one with totally new&different footage?
In any case, I want it! :D
It will contain new stuff 8)

And I want it too! :D

Are there going to be any "lost" videos of Miss K?
Her old clips are not good, but they remind me of Stevie Nicks, who is a great singer. I'd like to hear Miss K after she was supposedly "refined/polished".
Contrary to superstition, sometimes you can "make a silk purse from a sows ear." ;)
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Cristiane wrote:Talking about DVDs, I’ve just bought the tickets for the SP gig and it’s written the Stratovarius Live dvd will be recorded in this gig!
If it's written on the ticket, it's certainly true. You guys are lucky :)
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
CottonCandy
Sr. Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:04 pm

Cristiane wrote:Talking about DVDs, I’ve just bought the tickets for the SP gig and it’s written the Stratovarius Live dvd will be recorded in this gig!

Never knew they were planning to record a dvd during this tour... if it's really true, a live dvd here would kick ass! The crowds here are really good! :evil:
Sit in the front row, Cristiane, and you might be recorded, too! :D That would be fun! :headbang:
So smile! :rvd:
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:14 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:If it's written on the ticket, it's certainly true. You guys are lucky :)
Or they just want more people to come to the show. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Cristiane
Sr. Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:19 pm

CottonCandy wrote:Sit in the front row, Cristiane, and you might be recorded, too! :D That would be fun! :headbang:
So smile! :rvd:
surely I'll try to get in the first row! :evil:

I love going to gigs here in Brazil but sometimes it sucks! The guys are pretty tall, and as I complained a lot of times before, they seem to forget there are small girls between them... :buh: they start pulling and kicking each other, it’s ridiculous!
I wonder how some people can act in such “violent” way in a concert of a band like stratovarius... that's nonsense!
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:20 pm

i want them to come to munich.. :?
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
MaFiaBoY
Sr. Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: Brest, France
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:43 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:If it's written on the ticket, it's certainly true. You guys are lucky :)
Or they just want more people to come to the show. :)
Yeah that's advertising so that the get a decent audience, crowds are so pathetic down there :lol:

@Cristiane : Just joking, in fact I'm just a bit jealous :D BTW I agree with you about guys pulling each other, I'm not very tall either and sometimes it's a bit hard to be able to see the stage at all. At the Maiden gig in Paris a week and a half ago it was like hell. I didn't even dare to go near the stage :p (Plus I went there with some friends and there was a quite young girl with us too)
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:49 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:If it's written on the ticket, it's certainly true. You guys are lucky :)
Or they just want more people to come to the show. :)
Yeah that's advertising so that the get a decent audience, crowds are so pathetic down there :lol:
yeah...absolutely right, you know how much these promoters want make money...doesnt matter what will cost :D
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

User avatar
Aresius
Sr. Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:09 am
Location: In my dreamspace

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Aresius » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:17 am

it would be nice if they record a dvd in south america. If they do ( what i dont think so ) they would do it in brazil but argentina would be nice to
Image

Stratofanius
Sr. Member
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Stratofanius » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Elazul wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:
Elazul wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:I'm very interest about this...
But a the list were also title of Wintersun (new stuff!), so now I am even more interest!

Did Jari Jari Mäenpää ever played live with Wintersun somewhere ?
Yes he did. I can't remember where, but somewhere in Finland.
That band is one of my favourites! Awesome!!!
Would be awesome to see the band live :wink:
they play this year on Tuska Festival.
You lucky Finns :D

EDIT: It´s BTW Off-Topic :D

Off-topic
Off-topic
Off-topic


http://www.kammio.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157

I asked wintersun forum that is the DVD coming. Jari said it isn't :cry:
But before I know that I'm was wondering that how Wintersun even can make DVD, they have done only one album... :wink:
We are living hard times :o

User avatar
Cristiane
Sr. Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:31 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:Yeah that's advertising so that the get a decent audience, crowds are so pathetic down there :lol:
:lol: Absolutely right!
Crowded gigs every time a band comes here it's like a disaster!
MaFiaBoY wrote: @Cristiane : Just joking, in fact I'm just a bit jealous :D BTW I agree with you about guys pulling each other, I'm not very tall either and sometimes it's a bit hard to be able to see the stage at all. At the Maiden gig in Paris a week and a half ago it was like hell. I didn't even dare to go near the stage :p (Plus I went there with some friends and there was a quite young girl with us too)
I do know how it is! Last time Helloween came here I even dared to get close to the stage... more than 3.000 souls in a small club, we could even breath there!

About this DVD thing, I called the gig place and they told me it's really going to be recorded there. She told I could check the back of the tickets and it's written some legal statement about assign from rights of image in case we may be filmed during the show.
If they're legally and technically ready to record it, I think this story is true.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:06 pm

Good job. So this is a fake news again.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Cristiane
Sr. Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:54 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:21 pm

No, it isn’t... unless the brazilian press is lying too:

Stratovarius will record São Paulo show for the upcoming DVD – 05/07/05
Stratovarius will record in São Paulo its live DVD. The band is going to film the 27/08 gig, in Olympia, and will release the DVD by the end of the year. This is going to be the first live DVD in a 20 years career. The South American tour will also count with gigs in Argentina and Chile, and the other brazilian dates are: 24/08 - Curitiba (Master Hall), 25/08 - Porto Alegre (Opinião), 30/08 - Belo Horizonte (Chevrolet Hall) e 31/08 - Rio de Janeiro (Canecão). After that the tour goes to the USA, Central America, Europe and Japan.

taken from www.rockbrigade.com.br
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:26 pm

Dont cry for me, Argentina... :D

sorry...cant forget the 4x1... :P
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:58 pm

Dave wrote:http://www.hammer-mag.de/V%C3%96%C2%B4s.html

Please take a look at the "Story Of Stratovarius" DVD on the right column.. Anyone knows more?
"Judas Priest RE-UNLEASHED IN THE EAST (LIVE) Herbst"

Whatta fukkin' fukk? :w00t:

User avatar
Júlio tolkki
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:34 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Júlio tolkki » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Hey, the DVD will be record here, in Brazil, São Paulo, i will go to the show.

www.whiplash.net (its in portuguese) to more news. :D

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by Dave » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:03 pm

Guns N' Roses CHINESE DEMOCRACY Weihnachten 2005


well... :roll:
Spamming is serious business!

fifthtea_sausage
Sr. Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:26 am

Re: Story Of Stratovarius DVD

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:36 am

Is this the "Milan DVD" that got put on the back burner so long, or a new one with totally new&different footage?
In any case, I want it!
EVERYTHING YOU SAY REMINDS ME OF BROWNEYEDGIRL! The frequent use of idioms, the use of the & character, the overall tone. Out with it, already!
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Locked