Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard and full of rat Scheiß?

Yes, I'm -finally- convinced he's both a liar and a moron.
5
24%
Yes, and I've hated him and Tipper since the days of the PMRC hearings in the US Senate
3
14%
No, global warming is real threat because Tolkki and Al Gore said so
10
48%
Undecided
3
14%
 
Total votes: 21

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by miditek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Winter storm hits mid-South hard

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/01/3 ... tml?hpt=T1

Asheville, NC gets 11+ inches of snow- which sets a new record! Wonder what Al Gore thinks of that? :D

We got a bit less than half of that in my area, but the roads were still a bit treacherous due to the temperature falling below 30F.

Poll question: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard and full of rat Scheiß?
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 pm

You are such an ignorant hick. The fact that we're getting these fucked up insane weather patterns should be a sign to you that something is wrong, but no, you'll just keep shoving Ayn Rand's rotting cock farther up your ass and claim that your political crusade to sell away every personal and economic freedom to corporate overlords will lead to a better life for everyone.
Fuck.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 pm

However, I still haven't forgiven Tipper for the PMRC, despite the fact that (Like Frank said) it did absolutely NOTHING to help parents make informed decisions, the mere principal of the attempt offended me.
Thankfully the parental advisories were not nearly as restrictive as Tipper wanted them to be.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4626
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Doesn't global warming mean that the summers will get hotter and winters colder? :?

AAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:42 pm

:) Are you sure you don't mean a liar and a mormon?

:wink:

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Carcass » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:50 am

Yo cracka, the majority of professionals who study this shit full-time think humans are altering the climate. That doesn't make your alarm bells ring? I think we all hope Al Gore is a socialist-nazi, but what if he isn't? Think of the precautions as an insurance; things might not be that bad, but what if... basic risk management, really.

EDIT: For the record, I voted undecided.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:16 am

Its really cold here in the heart of dixie, but January and February are our coldest months anyway. We got a dusting of snow and some sleet but thats it, but its supposed to be 15 degrees F. tonight so that means burning oak instead of poplar tonight. :D

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3305
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 am

The study released today was conducted by academics from the University of Illinois, who used an online questionnaire of nine questions. The scientists approached were listed in the 2007 edition of the American Geological Institute's Directory of Geoscience Departments.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

The strongest consensus on the causes of global warming came from climatologists who are active in climate research, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role.
Also noteworthy...
Only six percent of America's scientists identify themselves as Republicans; fifty-five percent call themselves Democrats. By comparison, 23 percent of the overall public considers itself Republican, while 35 percent say they're Democrats.
Although 82% of scientists believe humans are causing global warming, the vast majority are liberals.

Climatologists also have big incentives to give global warming credibility because their careers depend on those government grants!

I guess I'll leave my comments at that...especially because one person thinks a week of cold weather invalidates the theory of global warming, and the other thinks it strengthens it. I'm not sure which conclusion is more insane :lol:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:58 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
The study released today was conducted by academics from the University of Illinois, who used an online questionnaire of nine questions. The scientists approached were listed in the 2007 edition of the American Geological Institute's Directory of Geoscience Departments.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

The strongest consensus on the causes of global warming came from climatologists who are active in climate research, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role.
Also noteworthy...
Only six percent of America's scientists identify themselves as Republicans; fifty-five percent call themselves Democrats. By comparison, 23 percent of the overall public considers itself Republican, while 35 percent say they're Democrats.
Although 82% of scientists believe humans are causing global warming, the vast majority are liberals.

Climatologists also have big incentives to give global warming credibility because their careers depend on those government grants!

I guess I'll leave my comments at that...especially because one person thinks a week of cold weather invalidates the theory of global warming, and the other thinks it strengthens it. I'm not sure which conclusion is more insane :lol:

Or... ya know, Republicans just don't believe in science.

Honestly, if a political party staged a large part of its platform of making your profession look like a bunch of stupid hacks, would you keep voting for them?

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3305
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:04 am

Or... ya know, Republicans just don't believe in science.
Not unless the majority of CEO's being Republicans means that Democrats don't believe in business. I understand what you're saying though, Democrats are probably more enthusiastic about increasing funding for academia.

A small minority of Republicans might be religious extremists, but the party's platform has historically been a reduction in spending, smaller government, more freedoms, less taxes, less foreign intervention.

I'm personally of the libertarian persuasion..

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Or... ya know, Republicans just don't believe in science.
Not unless the majority of CEO's being Republicans means that Democrats don't believe in business. I understand what you're saying though, Democrats are probably more enthusiastic about increasing funding for academia.

A small minority of Republicans might be religious extremists, but the party's platform has historically been a reduction in spending, smaller government, more freedoms, less taxes, less foreign intervention.

I'm personally of the libertarian persuasion..
That's certainly the "Conservative" Ideology. However, the Republican Party hasn't done much in supporting it.
My problems with Libertarianism is that under no circumstances do I trust big business, the thought of unregulated monopolies and unrestricted corporate corruption is terrifying. I don't want to have to make a lot of money to be happy, in fact, I want to be a teacher. But the Ayn Rand philosophy is all about money. I'm sure if I wanted to, I could go into business and make all the money I wanted, it's what my older brother is doing, but I'd rather live in a society that lends itself to supporting people like teachers and artists.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:18 am

Science is an interesting subject; a lot that meets required standards is not even looked at or thrown away just because of its implications. We even have fields of legitimate research that pass legitimate reviews and then are for some reason thrown out after publication. It’s a shame to see science be reduced to such a power game. I think we have people that are very stubborn to keep their paradigms and I’ve even read lots of scientist says “I would not believe it even if we had hard data and proved it existed”

Ayn Rand was against libertarians. Pro laissez faire capitalism, but also said there should be a state run justice system and called her philosophy objectivism.

There is no rule in business against a society that cares for each other, all systems are neutral, and it really depends on the values of the people. Perhaps it’s the semantics of the currency that people talk about, but people are always trading value for value with themselves and with others. I would hope people are gaining profit from their choices in a intrinsic way.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 am

icecab21 wrote:Science is an interesting subject; a lot that meets required standards is not even looked at or thrown away just because of its implications. We even have fields of legitimate research that pass legitimate reviews and then are for some reason thrown out after publication. It’s a shame to see science be reduced to such a power game. I think we have people that are very stubborn to keep their paradigms and I’ve even read lots of scientist says “I would not believe it even if we had hard data and proved it existed”

Ayn Rand was against libertarians. Pro laissez faire capitalism, but also said there should be a state run justice system and called her philosophy objectivism.

There is no rule in business against a society that cares for each other, all systems are neutral, and it really depends on the values of the people. Perhaps it’s the semantics of the currency that people talk about, but people are always trading value for value with themselves and with others. I would hope people are gaining profit from their choices in a intrinsic way.
libertarianism is applying laissez faire capitalism to the public, and private life.
The State run justice system still does not protect the people from economic tyrants.

Think of it this way, tyrants of old feared militias, armies of the people.
Tyrants ruled on force, they were not collectively more powerful than their subjects, but they were individually stronger, and kept them disorganized.
Economic tyranny is the same, while capitalist tyrants can't control everyone, so long as they keep people complacent and disorganized, nobody will notice the giant dick up their ass.
Which is why they fear unions, and grass roots politics.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:13 am

The state enforces contracts in ayn rand model

I think really any system only works as well as the values and actions of the people in it. Does the society push consumerism, or does it push community and spiritualism? As far as this spectrum goes, I think the further towards community and spiritualism the better. The closest to the people as the best government is also what I consider the best business and best shareholder and stakeholder. By close I don’t mean in physical distance, as that’s a paradigm that does not need to apply, but in a connection of empathy and passion.

User avatar
STINKY_PREGNANT_MAN
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 5:14 am
Location: PUBLIC BATHHOUSE

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by STINKY_PREGNANT_MAN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 am

BARACK OBAMA RECENTLY ANNOUNCED THAT I, STINKY, AM THE MAJOR POLLUTANT OF THE UNITED STATES. I ADMIT THAT I DO EMIT A FAIR AMOUNT OF GASES, BUT I THINK SOME KIND OF DISCRIMINATION IS INVOLVED HERE. I WILL CUT DOWN ON THE BEANS IN THE MEANTIME...

AAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 am

:shock: :shock: StinkA!! Go away from the computer! Don't talk so much, you will regret it when Big Sammy comes home. Uhuuhuh

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by miditek » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:35 am

Rebel wrote:You are such an ignorant hick.
Yeah, yeah- I know:

"Circle the wagons, and round up them horses, Maw- I gots to get me an educashun!"
Rebel wrote:The fact that we're getting these fucked up insane weather patterns should be a sign to you that something is wrong.
In your opinion- you can speak for yourself, but it is only just that- an opinion.
Rebel wrote:but no, you'll just keep shoving Ayn Rand's rotting cock farther up your ass
Take a blue chill pill now, O Brave Little Internet Keyboard Warrior-

Surgeon General's Warning: Saying things like that in person could potentially lead to getting your head handed to you.
Rebel wrote:and claim that your political crusade to sell away every personal and economic freedom to corporate overlords will lead to a better life for everyone. Fuck.
Nice rant, but Lenin was, at least, a bit more eloquent. Gore has spawned his own ISO "carbon credit" certification cottage industry, and yet he probably burns more power and fuel than four, five, or even six households put together of anyone on this forum.

Moreover, take a look at what the "green" and "environmental" housing and "community renewal" regulations his elitist friends in Koranifornia passed into law have done. Some of the highest housing prices in the entire world- and for what- to live on a fucking faultline? Take a look at the price of an average three bedroom house in Palo Alto, and you'll see what I mean. $695000 WTF?

So despite the fact that Gore used his M-16 rifle as an air-cooled b-o-n-g rather than firing it at the enemy during his tour in Vietnam as a photographer; he first was going to save the world from the evils of rock lyrics (even from evil instrumental albums, such as Frank Zappa's 'Jazz from Hell'- which got a parental advisory sticker nonetheless), then he invented the Internet, and then discovered how we're all doomed if we don't follow his ultra-wise, sagelike advice despite the fact that he does not even have a degree in meterology!

As if all of this weren't bad enough, this Beltway Brat has the gall- the very nervy nerve to call himself a Tennesseean! That is the ultimate insult for me; he's about as Tennessean as Stalin was French! More like a Martian than anything else! I can only imagine the shitstorm that would have resulted if he had tried to pass himself off as a Texan!
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 am

miditek wrote:
Moreover, take a look at what the "green" and "environmental" housing and "community renewal" regulations his elitist friends in Koranifornia passed into law have done. Some of the highest housing prices in the entire world- and for what- to live on a fucking faultline? Take a look at the price of an average three bedroom house in Palo Alto, and you'll see what I mean. $695000 WTF?
>>Call liberals over indulgent elitists

>>Support an economic policy that only benefits overindulgent elitists
HERP DERP


Also
M16 Bong?
Genius.

miditek wrote:not even have a degree in meterology!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a good thing Al Gore is an advocate and a public speaker, not a scientist.
miditek wrote:had tried to pass himself off as a Texan!
You mean like East Coast born and raised George W. Bush?


:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is going to be fun.

Ayn Rand was a mentally disturbed champion of economic terrorism and tyranny.

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by miditek » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 am

Rand a proponent of 'economic tyranny'?

(Wags finger in a scolding gesture) Nyet, nyet, nyet- tsovarish!
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
Arkash
Sr. Member
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am
Location: France.

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Arkash » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 am

Global warming IS a reality, it is a fact!

That's all I have to say about that!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

AAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miditek you are the sugar and cream in my coffee. :D

User avatar
Keyssion
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Tamper(kel)e
Contact:

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Keyssion » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am

It's right about just pure ignorance to think we (people) can do whatever we want here. The carbon dioxide emissions caused by the human race for example are very tiny compared to the natural fluctuations of the nature. However it's just a little bit too much. This winter has been a great example of global warming and not to forget all the hurricanes. All over central Europe and apparently in the USA there's been shitloads of snow and cold. All these weather anomalies will just keep on occuring more and more often. And always stronger than last ones. For example a hurricane doesn't usually start to build up unless the ocean's temperature exceeds 26 degrees Celsius. The polar ice caps tend to balance the temperature changes in the oceans but if there is no ice left that doesn't work anymore. And the so called circulation pumps, for example the north Atlantic one will stop if there's not enough ice. That would also mean the stop of gulf stream. And the pump has already stopped for a while few times.

NeverendingAbyss, you are pretty much right. First it will be like that. Then when the water in the oceans would start evaporating into the atmosphere. And water vapour is a damned strong greenhouse gas. We might one day end up just like planet Venus :)

And by the way, the difference in the cost of the houses is because of the materials and complexity. Better build quality. Here in Finland you have to build houses like that or otherwise you freeze to death or spend a huge amount of energy (a.k.a. a fortune of money) on keeping the house warm. Well built and insulated houses are a damn good thing unless you live in a paradise, where every day is about 20 degrees celsius. In the summer the well-isolated houses are cooler than the unisolated ones. And if you have air conditioning with a cooling unit, you save A LOT of power. To people to whom everything must be spelled out you save A LOT of money.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by icecab21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 am

we all know the property is free and people just pay for raw materials in housing

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by miditek » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Carcass wrote:Yo cracka, the majority of professionals who study this shit full-time think humans are altering the climate. That doesn't make your alarm bells ring? I think we all hope Al Gore is a socialist-nazi, but what if he isn't? Think of the precautions as an insurance; things might not be that bad, but what if... basic risk management, really.

EDIT: For the record, I voted undecided.
The same gang of scientists that the Russians caught (after cracking their e-mail server) falsifying and forging their own data and then arguing about how to cover it up? ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:31 am

Good to see things haven't changed in my absence!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3305
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 am

Carcass wrote:Yo cracka, the majority of professionals who study this shit full-time think humans are altering the climate. That doesn't make your alarm bells ring?
4 out of 5 scientists believe humans are the primary cause of global warming. Then again, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident sugarless gum, and everyone knows that's a bunch of bullshit. :roll: :roll:

AAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1219
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:15 pm

miditek wrote:Rand a proponent of 'economic tyranny'?

(Wags finger in a scolding gesture) Nyet, nyet, nyet- tsovarish!

:D Niet, Niet, Tavarich, eta nie arasho! Haha. Noone knows if you are right or wrong but you are funny and we need that IF you are wrong and Hell breaks out.
It already have started with those shit-mercury-bulbs. I hate them with all my heart and I think Alva was a smarter inventor than Al. Does the latter by the way own a mercurymine??
I so hope you are right and that they start produce the old electricityeating, expensive(?)bulbs again.
:roll: :roll:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Rebel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:08 pm

miditek wrote:
Carcass wrote:Yo cracka, the majority of professionals who study this shit full-time think humans are altering the climate. That doesn't make your alarm bells ring? I think we all hope Al Gore is a socialist-nazi, but what if he isn't? Think of the precautions as an insurance; things might not be that bad, but what if... basic risk management, really.

EDIT: For the record, I voted undecided.
The same gang of scientists that the Russians caught (after cracking their e-mail server) falsifying and forging their own data and then arguing about how to cover it up? ;)
Actually that was a crack of shit, but then again as ignorant and uniformed as you are about the world as a whole I didn't exactly expect a stormfronter like you to actually check the implications and validity of anything you say.

User avatar
Carcass
Sr. Member
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Finland

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by Carcass » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 pm

miditek wrote:
Carcass wrote:Yo cracka, the majority of professionals who study this shit full-time think humans are altering the climate. That doesn't make your alarm bells ring? I think we all hope Al Gore is a socialist-nazi, but what if he isn't? Think of the precautions as an insurance; things might not be that bad, but what if... basic risk management, really.

EDIT: For the record, I voted undecided.
The same gang of scientists that the Russians caught (after cracking their e-mail server) falsifying and forging their own data and then arguing about how to cover it up? ;)
I don't even pretend to understand what the e-mails were about, but that was like one institution out of how many? And how many of their scientists were involved?

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Does anyone have any doubts left that Al Gore is a retard?

Post by stratohawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Good to see things haven't changed in my absence!
Same here. :lol:

Post Reply